Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0: Raptors select Enes Kanter (Enes v Jonas starts post #139)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a note on rebounding, I want a good rebounding center like everyone else, but more possessions don't necessarily garner more wins.

If I'm not mistaken the best rebounding team last year was Minnesota, how did that turn out for them?
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      Just a note on rebounding, I want a good rebounding center like everyone else, but more possessions don't necessarily garner more wins.

If I'm not mistaken the best rebounding team last year was Minnesota, how did that turn out for them?
      They also missed the most shots so that stat is kinda skewed.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        Just a note on rebounding, I want a good rebounding center like everyone else, but more possessions don't necessarily garner more wins.

Unless anyone here is arguing that rebounding is the only thing that matters, that's a bit of a moot point. The Wolves were the 2nd best team on the offensive boards (and not because they also missed a lot of shots), but they were lacking in almost every other way (made shots, opponent's made shots, etc.).

More possessions doesn't necessarily garner more wins. More made shots doesn't necessarily garner more wins. More opponent missed shots doesn't necessarily garner more wins. I'm not sure what your point is really when there's not one thing that necessarily means more wins.

But if you look at the top 15 teams in defensive rebounding rate and compare them to the bottom 15 teams in the same, you'll notice that 11 of the 16 playoff teams are in the top 15. It should be pretty clear that preventing your opponent from getting offensive boards (and thus, easy points) has a pretty big effect on keeping your opponent from scoring, which also has a pretty big effect on winning.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, 11 of the 16 playoff teams were also in the top 15 in offensive rebounding rate as well.

Comment

Working...
        X