Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0: Raptors select Enes Kanter (Enes v Jonas starts post #139)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0: Raptors select Enes Kanter (Enes v Jonas starts post #139)

Bryan Colangelo has a thing for international players. But that's not the only reason we have Kanter going No. 3. Going into the season, a number of scouts considered him a potential No. 1 pick. Thanks to the NCAA, we never got to see whether he could earn it -- but Kanter has a lot going for him.

He is tough, can play inside and out, rebounds the basketball, and has a higher basketball IQ than most of the kids his age. He's a bit undersized for a center, but his toughness in the paint will be a welcome contrast to Andrea Bargnani's Charmin-soft game
    Lottery looks like: Irving, Williams, Kanter, Vesely, Walker, Knight, Biyombo, Valanciunas, Leonard, Thompson, Jones, Burks, Fredette, Hamilton

how do we know this guy is good if he never even played last year? I saw some of his highlights but they did not impress me. What kind of a player is he?
    http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
      how do we know this guy is good if he never even played last year? I saw some of his highlights but they did not impress me. What kind of a player is he?
      They didn't impress you? Did you watch his showing at the Nike Hoops Summit? How is that not impressive?
      I'd recommend going back and trying to find a few more 'highlights'. He is very solid, and very impressive. In my humble opinion anyway.

Comment

Kanterrific!!!! BTW, props to Joey H. for the big country avatar!!!
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Man against boys type vid but you can detect his talent and skills....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kAZL0Q3ic

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            They didn't impress you? Did you watch his showing at the Nike Hoops Summit? How is that not impressive?
            I'd recommend going back and trying to find a few more 'highlights'. He is very solid, and very impressive. In my humble opinion anyway.
            Yeah, I heard he practically dominated Sullinger.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Yeah, I heard he practically dominated Sullinger.
              Maybe, but Sullinger's 6'8 and was a high schooler whereas Enes had been playing against men for a while.

Looking at this years draft prospects i'm sure some will develop into solid players but it's quite the crapshoot.

The good GM's will find some gems though.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                Maybe, but Sullinger's 6'8 and was a high schooler whereas Enes had been playing against men for a while.
                So Sullinger isn't as Developed or Experienced as Kanter, that's all that says.
                Kanter is younger, bigger and arguably more athletic. As has been pointed out, if Kanter had played for Kentucky this year, he'd likely be the Top pick in the this Years draft.

ADD I posted this in the Draft Sticky, but:

And this is hardly a case of Men Against Boys. Just because Kanter has been playing Professionally, doesn't take away from the fact that he was able to seperate himself from the literal 'Men', even when he was 17.

Just because Jennings played in Europe Professionally before the NBA doesn't mean he's all of a sudden got more ability, or an added advantage.

Comment

Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
                  He rebounds, plays tough and a skilled low post scoring. He able to defend his man cause he has the strength too. He is right now training famous trainer Tim Grover(same trainer that trained Michael Jordan)
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                    I think Kanter is younger than him. Let me try and understand this, Kanter gets a knock because he was able crush Sullinger AND he's been able to battle against grown men while only being a kid? Who's side of the debate are you on again?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I think Kanter is younger than him. Let me try and understand this, Kanter gets a knock because he was able crush Sullinger AND he's been able to battle against grown men while only being a kid? Who's side of the debate are you on again?
                      The general question about Kanter is whether his game translates to the NBA and whether he will be productive. People pointing to Kanter playing well against Sullinger and other high schoolers doesn't answer that question. It's not a knock against Kanter per se but a question. Of course, it's a question for every draftee but it's material with Kanter cause he hasn't played for a year.

Kanter's draft spot is going to come down to his workouts. If he kills it he will go third.

Comment

The guy has prototypical big man skills so what questions are you talking about? He's played all year, just not in a forum where scouting eyes could see him often. Good/bad workouts affect all players.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          Kanter's draft spot is going to come down to his workouts. If he kills it he will go third.
                          Especially for the already determined high profile/draftees it really shouldnt come down to the workouts to verify quality & potential. In Kanter's case he already has a fairly large body of work and had eyeballs to determine his quality and potential. I am sure the top 4 teams are not waiting on Kyrie Irving workouts. It's also overlooked I think that he was designated player-coach at KU this past year and this was possibly to allow him to practice with the team/keep in shape during the season. Not actual games I realize but next best thing.
                          Last edited by Bendit; Thu May 5, 2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Put Kanter ahead of Williams on my draft board
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              The general question about Kanter is whether his game translates to the NBA and whether he will be productive. People pointing to Kanter playing well against Sullinger and other high schoolers doesn't answer that question. It's not a knock against Kanter per se but a question. Of course, it's a question for every draftee but it's material with Kanter cause he hasn't played for a year.

Of course you're right that there are no sure things in this years draft but as far as picking a big goes Kanter has a lot going for him. The thing I potentially find most worrisome about him is if he sees himself more as a four and doesn't really want to take advantage of his size and bang for position. I'm just saying that because he has a nice jump shot and has had success with it. To be the big man presence that the Raptors are looking for it takes a mentality that we don't know if he has or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X