Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rick Carlisle declares Dirk Nowitzki one of the 10 best players, EVER.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Carlisle declares Dirk Nowitzki one of the 10 best players, EVER.

Not sure about this one.

"In my opinion, he's a top 10 player in NBA history because of the uniqueness of his game and how he's carried this franchise on his back for over a decade," Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle told "ESPN First Take" on Monday. "He's just right. He's leading the team. His shot-making is great. He's passing the ball great. He's one of the guys that's directing traffic for us defensively."

"When he's on the floor, we feel like we can beat anybody," Carlisle said. "He's that good."

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Not sure about this one.
    Ya, don't think so.

Magic, Bird, West, Jordan, Wilt, Russell, Baylor, Robinson, Hakeem, Dr. J, Kareem, Oscar Robertson, Elvin Hayes, not including current era players like Shaq, Kobe, Wade and Lebron. Hell that list is missing a few. No freakin way Dirk is there. Can he be top 50 all time? Perhaps an argument, but it would be an argument.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      Ya, don't think so.

Magic, Bird, West, Jordan, Wilt, Russell, Baylor, Robinson, Hakeem, Dr. J, Kareem, Oscar Robertson, Elvin Hayes, not including current era players like Shaq, Kobe, Wade and Lebron. Hell that list is missing a few. No freakin way Dirk is there. Can he be top 50 all time? Perhaps an argument, but it would be an argument.
      My thoughts exactly. I mean I can appreciate that Carlisle is his coach and they just swept the Defeding Champs ... but ... nah, I think Rick's reaching on this one.

You missed Tim Duncan, Karl Malone and Wilt Chamberlain.
      With them, Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Hakeem, Robinson, Dr. J, Kobe, Shaq. Thats 10, and there is no way Dirk has a case against any of them. But I guess he's got a few more years to go....

Comment

Working...
      X