Scott Pollard: "Phil Jackson most Overrated Coach of our time."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Pollard: "Phil Jackson most Overrated Coach of our time."

Everyone Else: "Wasn't he the guy that had those STUPID mutton chops for so long?"

"I just think he’s one of the most overrated coaches of our time. He’s only had the greatest players of our era on his teams. Put him in charge of the Sacramento Kings this year, and I don’t mean to offend Sacramento fans, but put him on a team with no Hall-Of-Famers on it at least no one that has established themselves as a Hall-Of-Famer already, put him as the Head Coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers right now and let’s see how he does next year with no Hall-Of-Famers on the team. That’s all I’m saying."
    -Scott Pollard
    Source

Ohhh... this guy ... is saying Phil Jackson is no good ... funny.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed May 11, 2011, 01:11 PM.

why are they interviewing scot pollard for ANYTHING?!?!?!?

reminds me once of an interview of jah rule where they asked him about politics and the importance of voting.. completely irrelevant opinions.

if they were asking pollard for his preference in BBQ sauce.... MAYBE that's a passably worthwhile question to ask him.

it's like asking oliver miller about the ideal diet for a professional athlete
    Last edited by heinz57; Wed May 11, 2011, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Precisely! Who even cares what this guy has to say about ANYTHING.

If I remember correctly, it was Phils Lakers that Knocked him and Kings and a couple years in a row.
      Doesn't surprise me he's been Harvesting some Resentment.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Precisely! Who even cares what this guy has to say about ANYTHING.

If I remember correctly, it was Phils Lakers that Knocked him and Kings and a couple years in a row.
        Doesn't surprise me he's been Harvesting some Resentment.
        i'm shocked...........

that he was on the Kings.

his career is THAT irrelevant.

Comment

best Glen Davis photo ever.
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I don't care what he looks like, he does make a valid point. The thing is, Phil earned the respect of the league for what he did with the Bulls. He parlayed that respect into an excellent gig in L.A. A shitty coach would have never earned the opportunities he did. Not to mention the triangle offense is not a walk in the park and he's been very effective in getting guys to commit to it and execute it.

Comment

How can a person be over-rated when he achieves result?!

Comment

overrated =/= not good

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  How can a person be over-rated when he achieves result?!
                  overhyped?
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    overhyped?
                    Overhyped only if you never live up to your expectations.

I bet when or if someone tells Phil Jackson that Scott Pollard called him overrated, Phil Jackson reponse would be: "Scott who?????"

No one is going to remember Scott Pollard 10 years from now (the casual NBA fan probably doesn't even know today), but as long as the NBA is around Phil Jackson will forever be known as one of the greatest coaches in its history.

Comment

He's suggesting that Phil achieved because he always had superior talents. That he wasn't responsible for his achievements, his GM's were. Makes sense to me even if I do not agree.

Comment

These guys need to have a ZEN off.

The hamster in Scott's mind is working hard, the whole HOF players + Jackson connection is a nice thought, but very flawed.

Pollard fails to relaize that very few mediocare coaches are ever handed such talent. If you are lucky to have a roster filled with great players, you are not going to go cheap on a coach. It isn't just luck that Phil got to coach Jordan, it is an achivement. Jordan certainly does not share Scott's opinion of Jackson's averegness. That said, there is something to be said for a coach that can get the attention and respect of the very best; Pollards weakness is shallow thinking.
                        Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Wed May 18, 2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                          These guys need to have a ZEN off.

The hamster in Scott's mind is working hard, the whole HOF players + Jackson connection is a nice thought, but very flawed.

Pollard fails to relaize that very few mediocare coaches are ever handed such talent. If you are lucky to have a roster filled with great players, you are not going to go cheap on a coach. It isn't just luck that Phil got to coach Jordan, it is an achivement. Jordan certainly does not share Scott's opinion of Jackson's averegness. That said, there is something to be said for a coach that can get the attention and respect of the very best; Pollards weakness is shallow thinking.
                          Nice post. My thoughts exactly in posting this.

Comment

Working...
                          X