HoopsWorld.com: Flynn to Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HoopsWorld.com: Flynn to Toronto?

If Rubio does indeed sign as expected, point guard Jonny Flynn's days in Minnesota are numbered. Sources also indicated to HOOPSWORLD that Flynn is almost sure to be traded in that case with the Toronto Raptors being one of the most probable destinations. There could be some competition for his services as the Charlotte Bobcats and Detroit Pistons could also use some help at the lead guard spot. Flynn is a first-class individual with incredible character, but he hasn't produced as hoped in Minnesota and Rubio's arrival makes him expendable. At the age of 22 he still has some upside and his price tag is not very high at all.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1MKTJxjmM
    Rubio likely to Minnesota?

Flynn rumoured to Toronto?

Would Toronto offer Calderon or use the TPE? Hmmmmmm, the speculation.

I would love to see Jonny Flynn here in Toronto. He might as well be considered a local boy, having grown up in Niagara Falls, NY. And it would end the speculation on Kemba.

Amongst the things the Timberwolves would be looking for in a deal for their top first round pick would be an experienced point guard to mentor Rubio ...
    Doesn't this scream Calderon?
    Last edited by RaptorDan; Sat May 14, 2011, 09:34 AM.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
      Doesn't this scream Calderon?
      Screaming while running around banging pots and pans.

Comment

I can't seem to find the video anywhere but Raptors.com, but if you go to the Video Section and search Jonny Flynn, there's a great interview with him during his Draft Workouts. I'm surprised they still have it on the site.

Reporter: About coming to Toronto

Jonny Flynn: "Toronto is a Perfect Fit..(talks about Bosh and Bargs and junk)...Calderon would be perfect for me to learn some things from about being a PG. And being right over the border from where I from, Niagara Falls, I'm basically a Canadian. It would nice if my family could come see me, and be close."
        ADD Found that part about Calderon funny, as we make the scenario of trading Calderon for Flynn.
        Last edited by Joey; Sat May 14, 2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

They've been rebuilding for several years now and there is no lack of young talent on the roster. The need for proven veterans is far more pressing ... and an upgrade at the center position
          I haven't looked to see if and how this would be possible, but imagine if Minnesota also signed Marc Gasol in the off season? They would have Calderon from Toronto, Rubio and Gasol. Could they also make some kind of trade with the Lakers to get Pau? It would be the Spanish national team!
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Minnesota is probably under where the cap will be so if a trade took place under the new CBA they could still absorb Calderon's contract. I think Calderon would be high on their wish list because of his bond with Rubio in the past.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Minnesota is probably under where the cap will be so if a trade took place under the new CBA they could still absorb Calderon's contract.
              Espcially with $3.2M of Flynn's contract plus whatever else to make the trade work under the rules. MIN would have no problem absorbing this - which I have harped on repeatedly all year (thank you to the regulars for continuing to put up with it!).

Comment

Seems to be a lot of speculation in that piece but it sounds logical to me. Also not surprised that Mini is talking about moving their draft pick. Would we be in the running for that too?

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  Seems to be a lot of speculation in that piece but it sounds logical to me. Also not surprised that Mini is talking about moving their draft pick. Would we be in the running for that too?
                  It depends on who the Raptors want to draft.

I wonder if they now wish they had drafted Curry or DeRozan at #6?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    It depends on who the Raptors want to draft.
                    Exactly. Many people forget that Minni has the #1 shot at the #1 pick. So if we acquire that pick and can draft Irving AND Kanter, then we have no use for Flynn.
                    If the pick is available at the same price, I take the pick.

Comment

Agreed. Flynn and the #1 is probably not worth it to the Raptors. One or the other please... I'd go with the other too by the way.

I'm thinking the price tag is a lot higher on the #1. Maybe Calderon plus the #3(if it is a #3). Things will be a lot more clearer come lottery night. If the Raptors win it then what's the need for Flynn at all?

Comment

Great news, I kinda think that Rubio is probably demanding that he comes into an environment with another spaniard that is a veteran of the NBA, and theres only one and we got him.
                        No offense but Jose and Rudy kinda look the same, weird jaws and shit.
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Well we are a point guard obsessed bunch around here; aren't we? I like Flynn though -- or at least the idea of him. In year one he had to play in the triangle, which has destroyed the careers of many a point guard, and in year two he never fully got healthy enough or enough minutes to produce.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                            Great news, I kinda think that Rubio is probably demanding that he comes into an environment with another spaniard that is a veteran of the NBA, and theres only one and we got him.
                            No offense but Jose and Rudy kinda look the same, weird jaws and shit.
                            too funny

Comment

All for this. All. For. This.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X