No announcement yet.

Draft Profile: Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leonard is the #1 guy on my board for the raps. He is a great defender, brings that toughness that we lack. He brings rebounding, and can score as well. He was a leader in the ncaa tourny. I dont know why this forum isnt seriously considering him as the best player available for the raps

Comment

Probably because he's not the best player available
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

the 3 other guys people project the raps taking dont strike me as that much more talented. I think leonard should be right in that conversation. He brings to the table exactly what the raps need. I would be happy with irving or kanter, but i think leonard is being slept on by everyone. also, id like to wait until next year to draft a pg when daivid stern will fix the draft so we get kabongo :P

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
          We're really not arguing with you about whether it's a fact or not you know (we know it's a fact), just talking about ways the measurements could be improved, so no need to feel defensive. =P

And of course standing reach should be measured with shoes off. The point is that players change shoes over the course of their careers, and it's utterly retarded to assume their shoes will be the same as the 2.25" heels they used at the draft combine. If you look at what Draftexpress did with Hassan Whiteside -- the guy came in and measured with flip-flops, giving him only a 0.5" or 0.75" boost. Sometime after that measurement, Draftexpress decided it was stupid to keep that small a boost on his record as the guy will unlikely play in flip-flops during his career, and gave him a flat 1" boost. Most of you won't remember this happening though and will just use Draftexpress' new height w/shoes for Whiteside as fact, even though it was just an estimation.
          I wasn't getting defensive. Just explaining why the original conversation between WJF and I, began.

I agree with everything that you are saying.

Like I said, I had this conversation not too long before you came back, and was arguing for them to get rid of Listed Height and start giving us something that is actually tangible. It was regarding Bismack Biyombo and how he stands at 6'-9" (I think?) and yet his arms essentially grant him the abilities of a player 3"-4" taller than him. The distance from a players Toes to the Top of his Head is useless.

I always thought it was silly they listed Dejuan Blair as 6'-7" when he's barely 6'-5". But with a wingspand of 7'-2", he's able to play far beyond what his height would have us believe to be 'limitations'.

Either way, I agree.

Comment

Delonte_West wrote: View Post
            the 3 other guys people project the raps taking dont strike me as that much more talented. I think leonard should be right in that conversation. He brings to the table exactly what the raps need. I would be happy with irving or kanter, but i think leonard is being slept on by everyone. also, id like to wait until next year to draft a pg when daivid stern will fix the draft so we get kabongo :P
            The Raptors need to take the best player available. And if they draft in the top 3, that's not Leonard.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I wasn't getting defensive. Just explaining why the original conversation between WJF and I, began.

I agree with everything that you are saying.

Like I said, I had this conversation not too long before you came back, and was arguing for them to get rid of Listed Height and start giving us something that is actually tangible. It was regarding Bismack Biyombo and how he stands at 6'-9" (I think?) and yet his arms essentially grant him the abilities of a player 3"-4" taller than him. The distance from a players Toes to the Top of his Head is useless.

I always thought it was silly they listed Dejuan Blair as 6'-7" when he's barely 6'-5". But with a wingspand of 7'-2", he's able to play far beyond what his height would have us believe to be 'limitations'.

Either way, I agree.

I think height should still be listed, as it does affect things like being able to see more clearly over the fray, but yeah, it would be nice if wingspan was made an official measurement. You can kinda see the general consensus on measurements though when you look at NBA video games marketed to the public. I haven't seen a single one of them care about wingspan, and that's probably why you see so many posts saying "X is better than Y because he's an inch taller." Amusingly, the very same video games also don't care about things like the soft cap and mid-level exception (I know they've been trying to implement it, but far from correctly), and you can kinda see why so many fans are so oblivious about what their teams can or cannot add via free agency.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post

I think height should still be listed, as it does affect things like being able to see more clearly over the fray, but yeah, it would be nice if wingspan was made an official measurement. You can kinda see the general consensus on measurements though when you look at NBA video games marketed to the public. I haven't seen a single one of them care about wingspan, and that's probably why you see so many posts saying "X is better than Y because he's an inch taller." Amusingly, the very same video games also don't care about things like the soft cap and mid-level exception (I know they've been trying to implement it, but far from correctly), and you can kinda see why so many fans are so oblivious about what their teams can or cannot add via free agency.
                You probably shouldn't go anywhere near the Trade Forum then ... hahah

But ya, it'd be nice if they made the new CBA "Picture Book compatable" ...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  You probably shouldn't go anywhere near the Trade Forum then ... hahah

But ya, it'd be nice if they made the new CBA "Picture Book compatable" ...
                  I only go there when people aren't responding quick enough on this forum. =P

I also forgot to mention that I don't understand why teams can't just re-measure and update their players' measurements each year at training camp. It's so pointless to continue listing a player's measurements from when he was drafted.

Comment

This guy is actualy good, its seems that he can shoot it, he's lanky athletic, he will be a good player , i saw san diego state play in march madness and they had a nice system, he better bring his play to the nba

Comment

Why would we want another JJ?

Comment

Damn, JJ is taller than TMac? I don't think so.... something fishy with that 6'9.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                          Damn, JJ is taller than TMac? I don't think so.... something fishy with that 6'9.
                          nah he looks taller than T Mac.

Comment

The details

Now that draft positioning is set, let's start talking about the real options in greater detail. This thread gets a bump to the top.

Comment

Kawhi Leonard apparently disappointed at the physical testing. Only a 32 inch max verticle and 25.5 standing vertical. Not that impressive at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X