Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DRAFT LOTTERY on TSN2 at 8:30pmEST TUESDAY, MAY 17

Post Thanks / Like

if we did in fact get the first pick and did in fact draft derrick williams i will vomit on my newborn
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    could we send anyone to the draft lottery to represent the raptors? cause i saw Danny Granger there last year( i think)
    we sent demar a year or two ago. BC is going this year.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't advocate trading down in the NBA draft as a general rule but in a year where there is no clear franchise-changer and there are serious questions about all of the picks you have to try and maximize value and maybe the best way to do that with the #1 pick is to end up with Kanter at #3 and another asset. Also, looking at Toronto's current situation where they need 5 or 6 "top 8" players, if you could get two of those guys instead of one, well, why not?
    Yes, there are some questions about all the players, but it doesn't mean that the there's not going to be a dropoff in talent as you get lower. There's a far better chance of drafting a good player at 1 than 5. And however much I like Kanter, if I get the top pick, I get the best player. In the NBA, it usually comes down to which team has the best player, not the most good players.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending BC again with the hopes he hits #1 again.

Lightning usually doesn't strike in the same place
    Let's get the pieces in place to become Thunder 2.0!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Yes, there are some questions about all the players, but it doesn't mean that the there's not going to be a dropoff in talent as you get lower. There's a far better chance of drafting a good player at 1 than 5. And however much I like Kanter, if I get the top pick, I get the best player. In the NBA, it usually comes down to which team has the best player, not the most good players.
    But what if you think Kanter is the best player? What if you know he will be there at #3? #4? And both those teams want desperately move up. You still just make the pick and take Kanter at #1? Of course not. You extract value. That's all I'm noting. Of course, if you're not sure Kanter (again just a for instance) won't be there at the spot you're moving down to then you don't do the deal. How in the world is getting the player you want for less money, plus another asset in any way controversial?

As an aside, I am no draft expert but I don't see anyone talking about Irving and Williams as "best players" in playoff series.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    if we did in fact get the first pick and did in fact draft derrick williams i will vomit on my newborn
    Payback for all times your newborn has vomited on you? Sounds fair to me.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon