DRAFT LOTTERY on TSN2 at 8:30pmEST TUESDAY, MAY 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors wrote: View Post
    Andrea + Timbits for 2nd pick overall + shitty contract. Kahn would do it...trust!
    The Closest thing Minni has to a 'shitty contract' is Darko's $15M over 3 years.
    I'd almost rather have Bargs than Darko. Although, Darko has been known to at least TRY on defense. So who knows. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad... I mean NO! Darko sucks!! He's European!

Comment

• Here's how I think it goes:

1 - Cleveland - Kyrie Irving
      2 - Minnesota - Enes Kanter
      3 - Utah - Derrick Williams
      4 - Cleveland - Kawhi Leonard (although I would not be surprised to see them use their TPE to move up with Utah to select Williams)
      5- Toronto - Jonas Valancuinas

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        The Closest thing Minni has to a 'shitty contract' is Darko's $15M over 3 years.
        I'd almost rather have Bargs than Darko. Although, Darko has been known to at least TRY on defense. So who knows. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad... I mean NO! Darko sucks!! He's European!
        But his name is so cool, I think he can be forgiven for being European.

I can see it now: every time he steps on the court, the arena starts to play "The Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• Trading Jose for Flynn and the Number two pick sounds pretty good right now.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• That is depressing as hell. I was really hoping for a top 3 pick. I really hope they trade up with the Wolves.

What's next year's draft looking like?
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Perk up! It is always a bitch to be Sterned (like he didn't engineer the Cleveland things), but BC's best work is done when he creates something out of nothing. Give him a choice of top free agents, he gets Kapono and Hedo, give him the 26th pick, and he turns it into James Johnson.
                The workouts will be huge in this one. Jonas V. supposedly outplayed Kanter head to head, didn't he (when they were a little older)? And get off the Euro-hating. There are some gritty talents out there who don't get raised on the pussy fouls that we play with over here. Jonas has some good length and scraps unlike a certain Euro seven footer we have.
                How will he match up with some bigger American players? How will Kanter actually look? Can Biyumbo bang with the guys who are 270? he may be a little small, but his hops are crazy and a 7'7" wingspan will let him guard a lot of bigger guys. I am thinking he may be the best of the draft, or at least have some of the most useful talents, and taking him at 5 is not the stretch that taking him at 3 would be.
                Irving is gonna be a stud. Williams is gonna struggle defensively at either the 3 or 4. Kanter is unknown, but will have to prove himself. If Biyumbo (sp.) is anything like he is in the video, we have a future with Davis and him making the rim a mile away to people penetrating the paint.
                Anyway, give BC less and watch him work! Give him the 3 and he'll trade it for Kwame Brown.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  That is depressing as hell. I was really hoping for a top 3 pick. I really hope they trade up with the Wolves.

Strong and deep. Especially at the 3.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Next years strategy , get two lottery picks and you will definitely get rewarded.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      That is depressing as hell. I was really hoping for a top 3 pick. I really hope they trade up with the Wolves.

Better than this year's. And very SF heavy, considering they got an influx of Baines, P. Jones and T. Jones from this year's.

Comment

• According to Chad Ford, Minnesota has already made it known that they are open to trading the #2 pick for veteran help. I think there is a perfect opportunity for the Raptors to go after that pick.

I could see Flynn & #2 for Calderon & #5 potentially working for both teams.

Minnesota unloads Flynn's contract and picks up a veteran player who is also a great PG mentor (and fellow Spaniard) for Rubio, while still getting a top-5 draft pick. There's a decent chance that Minnesota could still get the player they like at #5, since they don't need a PF (Love, Randolph), PG (Rubio) or SF (Beasley, Johnson). One of Kanter(unlikely)/Valanciunas(very likely) will almost certainly be there at #5, as a young C for Minny to develop alongside their young core.

Toronto unloads Calderon's contract, picks up another decent high-potential young PG to compete with Bayless and could snag Williams with the #2 pick.

Comment

• This year's draft is really not very exciting. Next year's draft is exciting. I would hold my horses and not over-react.
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                            This year's draft is really not very exciting. Next year's draft is exciting. I would hold my horses and not over-react.
                            Exactly what I'm thinking. Have another crap season and get a real nice pick in next years' supposed great draft.

Comment

• EaseMyPain wrote: View Post
                              Perk up! It is always a bitch to be Sterned (like he didn't engineer the Cleveland things), but BC's best work is done when he creates something out of nothing. Give him a choice of top free agents, he gets Kapono and Hedo, give him the 26th pick, and he turns it into James Johnson.
                              The workouts will be huge in this one. Jonas V. supposedly outplayed Kanter head to head, didn't he (when they were a little older)? And get off the Euro-hating. There are some gritty talents out there who don't get raised on the pussy fouls that we play with over here. Jonas has some good length and scraps unlike a certain Euro seven footer we have.
                              How will he match up with some bigger American players? How will Kanter actually look? Can Biyumbo bang with the guys who are 270? he may be a little small, but his hops are crazy and a 7'7" wingspan will let him guard a lot of bigger guys. I am thinking he may be the best of the draft, or at least have some of the most useful talents, and taking him at 5 is not the stretch that taking him at 3 would be.
                              Irving is gonna be a stud. Williams is gonna struggle defensively at either the 3 or 4. Kanter is unknown, but will have to prove himself. If Biyumbo (sp.) is anything like he is in the video, we have a future with Davis and him making the rim a mile away to people penetrating the paint.
                              Anyway, give BC less and watch him work! Give him the 3 and he'll trade it for Kwame Brown.
                              I assume you're not telling me to get off the Euro hating. I was really liking Kanter in a Raptor uniform. Jonas is not bad, but I would much rather have Kanter. And no, Jonas didn't beat Kanter head to head. Apparently every time they met, Kanter got the best of him.

One of the reasons I like Kanter is because he compliments Davis and Amir so well. He's actually the perfect compliment for them. I like Jonas an Bismark certainly has great defensive potential, but neither of them can score. I think Oklahoma is a great team, but their one achilles heel is they don't have an interior scoring threat. I think Davis is going to become a very good player, but I see Kanter becoming a very good post scorer. And he can rebound and defend.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                                This year's draft is really not very exciting. Next year's draft is exciting. I would hold my horses and not over-react.
                                Ya, but this year's draft also was very top heavy. The Raptors had a chance to draft a very good player, and now they will most likely draft a decent rotation player. If they're lucky.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X