X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know quite a few of you are high on Kemba and Williams but c'mon
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Look at it this way The Raptors have nearly a 50% chance of landing in the top three, which is the third highest percentage of all the teams in the lottery.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Toronto will get 4th pick I see the future.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

2nd overall !!

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
            The way it is set up is quite reasonable. This is the thing people need to understand: they only draw for the top three and every other position is decided by record. So the Raptors have the third best odds of getting the number one pick and the best odds of getting the number three pick. If you just look at the Raptors odds in a vacuum it seems weird because we are most likely to get the 5th pick. You need to look at it from a team by team perspective: The Raptors have the best chance of getting the third pick because they have the third most ping pong balls. The teams below the raptors have more combined ping pong balls so it is more likely that one of those teams will take the top three spots.

ex: Washington is less likely to get a top three pick than Toronto because Washington has less balls. Toronto is still probably going to end up with a pick in the range from 4-6 because the sum of the ping pong balls possessed by teams positioned below them is greater than the number of ping pong balls Toronto has. Washington has an even greater chance of ending up in the 4-6 range since They have even less balls than Toronto.

Mathematically:

#Tor>#Wash
            #Tor<#wash+#Sac+#NJ+#Det....+#Hou
            Ah, it's so hot when you speak mathematically. =)

I was waiting for someone to explain it clearly, and you saved me the need to do so.

Anyway, Raptors are winning the 1st overall pick. My voices told me so.

Comment

D will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                D will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Here you go...

Imagine the dunk contests in practice between Demar and Derrick... ugh.

Comment

Does anybody know who our representative will be? Last year is was DeRozan but Colangelo got us the first pick in 2006.

Comment

CB4 wrote: View Post
                    Does anybody know who our representative will be? Last year is was DeRozan but Colangelo got us the first pick in 2006.
                    COlangelo is apparently representing the Raptors.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Good Article on NBA.com about the Lottery.
                      Minnesota has BRUTAL luck. I never realized!!

A month after doing his part to save pro basketball in Sacramento, Mayor Kevin Johnson is coming back east in hopes of helping the Kings find a savior.

And the Minnesota Timberwolves, perennial lottery losers, have the best odds of finally claiming that elusive No. 1.

The NBA holds its draft lottery Tuesday in Secaucus, N.J., with a lucky team earning the right to make the first pick in next month's draft.

The Timberwolves have a 25 percent chance of winning, thanks to their league-worst 17-65 record. But they shouldn't design a jersey with the name of Duke's Kyrie Irving, Arizona's Derrick Williams or whichever other player they would consider with the top pick just yet.

The Wolves have gone backward seven times and stayed put the other six in their 13 previous lottery opportunities, falling to the No. 4 pick last year despite entering with the second-best odds of winning. In their only other chance from the pole position, they took a costly two-spot dive in 1992, missing out on Shaquille O'Neal and settling for Christian Laettner.

And the lottery has been no help at all lately to the teams that need it most. Not since 2004, when Orlando won and grabbed Dwight Howard, has the team with the worst record landed the top pick.

Cleveland won the year before and selected James, who led the Cavaliers to their greatest success. But he bolted for Miami last summer and Cavs tumbled from a 60-win team to the worst in the Eastern Conference with a 19-63 record.

They have a 19.9 percent chance of winning with their own pick, plus a 2.8 percent chance of turning a pick owed them by the Los Angeles Clippers from the Baron Davis trade into the No. 1 selection. Cavs owner Dan Gilbert's team will be represented on stage by his 14-year-old son, Nick, who was born with Neurofibromatosis (NF), a nerve disorder that causes tumors to grow anywhere in the body.

Toronto (15.6 percent), Washington (11.9 percent) and Sacramento (7.6 percent) round out the top five.

The Kings have lost ground in the lottery two years in a row but could have a winner in Johnson, who led the drive to keep them in Sacramento at least one more season. He came to New York last month and impressed NBA owners with a pitch that highlighted millions of dollars in sponsorship commitments, and team owners Joe and Gavin Maloof decided not to file for relocation to Anaheim.

Johnson said he was honored when the Maloofs asked him to represent the Kings. He took it as a sign of goodwill that the city and team can work together to finance a new arena.

"I'm going to negotiate with the Maloofs that if we get the No. 1 pick, then they're going to have to sign me to a 10-day contract so I can wear a Kings uniform," he said. "That's my price of admission on this."

The 14 teams that missed the playoffs are in the lottery. The lottery sets the top three picks, with the next 11 spots being determined in inverse order of a team's record. So the Wolves can do no worse than No. 4.

The NBA draft is June 23 in Newark, N.J.

Comment

Sorry, but Stern decides.

Stern always gets in there to basically fix the draft. Think: who needs the pick most from a marketing standpoint?

Cleveland needs a ray of hope.

Sacramento is in trouble - put them in the mix.

No one cares about Toronto, so make it 5th. We got it as part of the deal that brought Colangelo here and resulted in a weak effort to market basketball internationally.

Who else would he want to get a high pick?

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                          Ah, it's so hot when you speak mathematically. =)

I was waiting for someone to explain it clearly, and you saved me the need to do so.

Anyway, Raptors are winning the 1st overall pick. My voices told me so.
                          lol

Comment

Hey guys, do the math before complaining. The Raptors have a 47% chance of landing a top 3 pick while only a 22.6% chance of landing a 4th pick and 26.5% chance of landing a 5th pick. And it's pretty much a 50/50 split between staying in the top 3 or dropping slightly. Sounds pretty fair and worth the fact that it prevents teams from being rewarded for tanking. Brush up on your alegebraic formulas and you'll see that this is a pretty sophisticated and smart system.

Comment

EaseMyPain wrote: View Post
                              Stern always gets in there to basically fix the draft. Think: who needs the pick most from a marketing standpoint?

Cleveland needs a ray of hope.

Sacramento is in trouble - put them in the mix.

No one cares about Toronto, so make it 5th.
                              Ohhh, is that how it works?!

Weird. I totally misunderstood the whole process.

Comment

If the Raps get the 1st or 2nd pick, wow........wow.....wow.......would definitely help with the rebuild moving forward.....count me in on a nice alternate black Irving or D Williams jersey lol
                                Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

Working...
                                X