Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: DRAFT LOTTERY on TSN2 at 8:30pmEST TUESDAY, MAY 17

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

That is depressing as hell. I was really hoping for a top 3 pick. I really hope they trade up with the Wolves.

What's next year's draft looking like?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Perk up! It is always a bitch to be Sterned (like he didn't engineer the Cleveland things), but BC's best work is done when he creates something out of nothing. Give him a choice of top free agents, he gets Kapono and Hedo, give him the 26th pick, and he turns it into James Johnson.
    The workouts will be huge in this one. Jonas V. supposedly outplayed Kanter head to head, didn't he (when they were a little older)? And get off the Euro-hating. There are some gritty talents out there who don't get raised on the pussy fouls that we play with over here. Jonas has some good length and scraps unlike a certain Euro seven footer we have.
    How will he match up with some bigger American players? How will Kanter actually look? Can Biyumbo bang with the guys who are 270? he may be a little small, but his hops are crazy and a 7'7" wingspan will let him guard a lot of bigger guys. I am thinking he may be the best of the draft, or at least have some of the most useful talents, and taking him at 5 is not the stretch that taking him at 3 would be.
    Irving is gonna be a stud. Williams is gonna struggle defensively at either the 3 or 4. Kanter is unknown, but will have to prove himself. If Biyumbo (sp.) is anything like he is in the video, we have a future with Davis and him making the rim a mile away to people penetrating the paint.
    Anyway, give BC less and watch him work! Give him the 3 and he'll trade it for Kwame Brown.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    That is depressing as hell. I was really hoping for a top 3 pick. I really hope they trade up with the Wolves.

Strong and deep. Especially at the 3.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Next years strategy , get two lottery picks and you will definitely get rewarded.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Better than this year's. And very SF heavy, considering they got an influx of Baines, P. Jones and T. Jones from this year's.

Post Thanks / Like

According to Chad Ford, Minnesota has already made it known that they are open to trading the #2 pick for veteran help. I think there is a perfect opportunity for the Raptors to go after that pick.

I could see Flynn & #2 for Calderon & #5 potentially working for both teams.

Minnesota unloads Flynn's contract and picks up a veteran player who is also a great PG mentor (and fellow Spaniard) for Rubio, while still getting a top-5 draft pick. There's a decent chance that Minnesota could still get the player they like at #5, since they don't need a PF (Love, Randolph), PG (Rubio) or SF (Beasley, Johnson). One of Kanter(unlikely)/Valanciunas(very likely) will almost certainly be there at #5, as a young C for Minny to develop alongside their young core.

Toronto unloads Calderon's contract, picks up another decent high-potential young PG to compete with Bayless and could snag Williams with the #2 pick.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This year's draft is really not very exciting. Next year's draft is exciting. I would hold my horses and not over-react.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    This year's draft is really not very exciting. Next year's draft is exciting. I would hold my horses and not over-react.
    Exactly what I'm thinking. Have another crap season and get a real nice pick in next years' supposed great draft.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote EaseMyPain wrote: View Post
    Perk up! It is always a bitch to be Sterned (like he didn't engineer the Cleveland things), but BC's best work is done when he creates something out of nothing. Give him a choice of top free agents, he gets Kapono and Hedo, give him the 26th pick, and he turns it into James Johnson.
    The workouts will be huge in this one. Jonas V. supposedly outplayed Kanter head to head, didn't he (when they were a little older)? And get off the Euro-hating. There are some gritty talents out there who don't get raised on the pussy fouls that we play with over here. Jonas has some good length and scraps unlike a certain Euro seven footer we have.
    How will he match up with some bigger American players? How will Kanter actually look? Can Biyumbo bang with the guys who are 270? he may be a little small, but his hops are crazy and a 7'7" wingspan will let him guard a lot of bigger guys. I am thinking he may be the best of the draft, or at least have some of the most useful talents, and taking him at 5 is not the stretch that taking him at 3 would be.
    Irving is gonna be a stud. Williams is gonna struggle defensively at either the 3 or 4. Kanter is unknown, but will have to prove himself. If Biyumbo (sp.) is anything like he is in the video, we have a future with Davis and him making the rim a mile away to people penetrating the paint.
    Anyway, give BC less and watch him work! Give him the 3 and he'll trade it for Kwame Brown.
    I assume you're not telling me to get off the Euro hating. I was really liking Kanter in a Raptor uniform. Jonas is not bad, but I would much rather have Kanter. And no, Jonas didn't beat Kanter head to head. Apparently every time they met, Kanter got the best of him.

One of the reasons I like Kanter is because he compliments Davis and Amir so well. He's actually the perfect compliment for them. I like Jonas an Bismark certainly has great defensive potential, but neither of them can score. I think Oklahoma is a great team, but their one achilles heel is they don't have an interior scoring threat. I think Davis is going to become a very good player, but I see Kanter becoming a very good post scorer. And he can rebound and defend.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    Ya, but this year's draft also was very top heavy. The Raptors had a chance to draft a very good player, and now they will most likely draft a decent rotation player. If they're lucky.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, but this year's draft also was very top heavy. The Raptors had a chance to draft a very good player, and now they will most likely draft a decent rotation player. If they're lucky.
    I'm hearing crazy things right now on this forum - about how we should trade these players for a better pick and stuff. There is no one really earth shattering in this draft - at least not good enough to trade away the farm.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Strong and deep. Especially at the 3.
    There's a joke in there somewhere.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Of the guys likely to be available at 5, I would love to see Leonard. I watched a few of his games this year and was very impressed - the Gerald Wallace comparisons look like a reasonable high-end upside, and that sort of defensive anchor at SF would make a huge difference for us. But then we've got three SFs once Kleiza comes back (I actually like both Johnson and Kleiza), although Leonard could split time at both wing spots for now. Still, I think he could be BPA at 5th.

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tank wrote: View Post
    Also reported by Chad Ford-- Minnesota is very open to moving the 2nd pick, Kahn wants veteran help.

I hope he classifies Bargnani as veteran help lol.

Could we swing a deal that goes like this. Bargnani + 5th pick. For Darko+Rubio+2nd pick.

Imagine a Minne team with Bargs, K Love, and Beasley? Ha, Kahn might be crazy enough to do it.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"This league has a habit, and I am just going to say habit, of producing some pretty incredible story lines. Last year it was Abe Pollin's widow and this year it was a 14-year-old boy ... We were done. I told Kevin: 'We're toast.' This is not happening for us and I was right."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6560322

------------------------------

BC should take his son next year.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed May 18th, 2011 at 05:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    "This league has a habit, and I am just going to say habit, of producing some pretty incredible story lines. Last year it was Abe Pollin's widow and this year it was a 14-year-old boy ... We were done. I told Kevin: 'We're toast.' This is not happening for us and I was right."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6560322
    You should mention that this is David Kahn saying this.
    Pretty ballsy on his part.

Don't think I've ever heard someone within the NBA insinuate the Lottery is rigged.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    You should mention that this is David Kahn saying this.
    Pretty ballsy on his part.

Don't think I've ever heard someone within the NBA insinuate the Lottery is rigged.
    I'm thinking those words will cost $100K minimum.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I say trade Jose for Flynn and Beasley. They need some room for Derrick Williams and Beasley won't wanna come off the bench.

Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to figure out why Stern would punk us like this.

Then I realized that he probably thought our market is a little slow considering we made Andrea our franchise player. When we had the #1 pick we picked a player that should of gone 5th. So this time around we get the 5th pick, and a chance to double up on another euro type player at that position. In Stern's head twice the happiness for Raptor fans. Big papa is just giving us what we have shown we like, I don't think we should be mad.

It's like your grandma, sees you wollfing down pancakes that she made, then the next time you are there she is serving you a heaping plate of pancakes. She wants to make you happy.

(btw I am being sarcastic... trying to deal with it in a funny way)
    Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Wed May 18th, 2011 at 09:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

"Why Stern would punk us like this?"

Common guys. It has nothing to do with Market, or Past Drafts, or 'Needs', or some conspiracy.

The kid had Cancer. Tumors all over his body. He even flirted with the Female host.
    How could they have given to anyone else? Geez.
    In Masai we Trust.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information