Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Colangelo Closing in on Contract Extension/Colangelo officially extended

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Colangelo Closing in on Contract Extension/Colangelo officially extended

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news.
    Nice find Opti.

ADD
    With their eyes on an ever-more-probable exit, the pension plan’s representatives have appeared unwilling exert influence on a future that isn’t likely to include them. That’s been a boon to the Raptors’ GM, of course, since the pension plan’s Glen Silvestri has made a name as the chief anti-Colangelo voice on the board of directors.
    This is the point I've been wondering for quite a while.
    Glad to hear they've finally come to their sense.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue May 17th, 2011 at 01:11 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was gonna post this but had to step away. I'm ecstatic about the news. Shows that they do see consistency as an issue with our franchise and that BC's work has more positives than negatives. It's a great move on the franchise's part to consider this. I'm happy for BC.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

About effin time.

Nuff said.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

BC agree in principle to new deal http://blogs.canoe.ca/courtside/

Post Thanks / Like

Right on, now lets go get that #1 pick tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great, now a number 1 pick would cap it off.
    dfeschuk tweet:

Sources confirm Bryan Colangelo has agreed to contract extension as #Raptors GM. 2-yr deal with a club option for 3rd.
    Last edited by Tank; Tue May 17th, 2011 at 02:05 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Bad decision. Hopefully it is only a 2 year deal with a team option for the 3rd year.

If he brings back Triano to coach again after 3 consecutive losing seasons under his tenure we will get to witness another 50+ loss season.

Hopefully that means another high pick in 2012. Raps need the talent.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

well, thank GAWWD! i'd hate to see just how low this franchise would sink without BC steering the ship.

now, excuse me while i make plans to watch the lottery tonight...can't wait to see where the raps will be picking...again.

wash...rinse...repeat...
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Only franchise in the NBA where you can lose 60 games and expect contract extensions.

Can't wait to hear the logic for bringing Triano back. The "players liking him" will proably be a popular phrase.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Good news for sure, now let's go and win the lottery.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Only franchise in the NBA where you can lose 60 games and expect contract extensions.

Can't wait to hear the logic for bringing Triano back. The "players liking him" will proably be a popular phrase.lol

YA, because we have such a good team of underachievers that any other coach would get to the finals! No injuries and all the talent in the world, what is wrong with JT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks god. Finally this team has decided to maintain a constant presence in management. This will go a looong way in establishing a team identity in the long run. These players need to be held accountable to some franchise identity. Colangelo now has the mandate to define this identity.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote c_bcm wrote: View Post
    Thanks god. Finally this team has decided to maintain a constant presence in management. This will go a looong way in establishing a team identity in the long run. These players need to be held accountable to some franchise identity. Colangelo now has the mandate to define this identity.
    oh, i'm pretty that the team 'identity' is already well-established...
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    [/B]
    YA, because we have such a good team of underachievers that any other coach would get to the finals! No injuries and all the talent in the world, what is wrong with JT
    I never said the Raps had a lot of talent. This year the talent level was extremely low and Colangelo should be the fall guy for that.

What about the year before however when a team that everyone thought was playoff bound? Triano guided them to a losing season.

What about the year before that when Mitchell was fired for underachieving at 8-9 and Triano proceeded to usher in a 25-40 finish? lol

Triano didn't have much talent last year I agree but even when he's had more talent in previous years what has he shown as a coach?

Everyone refers to this year but seem to forget the last 2 losing seasons he had. Name me another NBA coach with 2 losing seasons than a 60 loss season that is still employed wit the same team the following year?

Post Thanks / Like

I never said the Raps had a lot of talent. This year the talent level was extremely low and Colangelo should be the fall guy for that.

What about the year before however when a team that everyone thought was playoff bound? Triano guided them to a losing season.

What about the year before that when Mitchell was fired for underachieving at 8-9 and Triano proceeded to usher in a 25-40 finish? lol

Triano didn't have much talent last year I agree but even when he's had more talent in previous years what has he shown as a coach?

Everyone refers to this year but seem to forget the last 2 losing seasons he had. Name me another NBA coach with 2 losing seasons than a 60 loss season that is still employed wit the same team the following year?
    And that calls a timeout on a breakaway or on a 3on1,
    calls plays out of timeouts that are ridiculous or exactly the same as out of the previous timeout,
    or fails to hold players accountable,
    or plays old injured expiring contracts instead of young developing players in a foregone conclusion season,
    or pulls players when hot and rested but sticks with players who are so cold they make polar bears shiver
    or plays foolish matchups against other lineups
    or fails to call timeouts when the bleeding has reached amputated proportions

Nah, he should be brought back. I do remember an article that made me consider him as an option for one more year, but I forget what it said now and back on the boot his ass out mindset.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    And that calls a timeout on a breakaway or on a 3on1,
    calls plays out of timeouts that are ridiculous or exactly the same as out of the previous timeout,
    or fails to hold players accountable,
    or plays old injured expiring contracts instead of young developing players in a foregone conclusion season,
    or pulls players when hot and rested but sticks with players who are so cold they make polar bears shiver
    or plays foolish matchups against other lineups
    or fails to call timeouts when the bleeding has reached amputated proportions

Nah, he should be brought back. I do remember an article that made me consider him as an option for one more year, but I forget what it said now and back on the boot his ass out mindset.
    That said I am all for BC re-signing. Very happy with this. (really not being sarcastic.)

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. And you seem to be ok with that. I'm not, and I like the fact that Colangelo isn't either.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would love to hear what you think BC should have done. I don't like making excuses for people either but this is a rebuild and next is gonna suck too, but I'm ok with that because that's how rebuilds work.

The Raptors were dealt a good player in Bosh, he tried to build around him, didn't work, end of story.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information