Amir Johnson ankle surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Johnson ankle surgery

Amir Johnson will have ankle surgery in the next few weeks and he should be ready to go for training camp. I really hope he will get better soon, BC made a big bet signing him last year.

source?
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

source
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

man that sucks royally. Poor Amir. I hope he recovers quickly and that he is his old self next season - when ever that is.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

He must've aggravated what was originally just a sprain by playing through the pain. Should've shut him down at that time. Hope the rehab goes well.

Comment

As an aside I am not sure that offering Barbosa an extension (in the link) is a particularly smart thing to do at his salary range and the new cba. BC is going to have to curtail his urges to give out contracts at first opportunity.

Comment

...damn, I heard this on the radio and thought they said Amir's uncle was going to have surgery this week. Thank god for RR, I was going to send his uncle flowers.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                ...damn, I heard this on the radio and thought they said Amir's uncle was going to have surgery this week. Thank god for RR, I was going to send his uncle flowers.
                That's very thoughtful!

Comment

I have a hard time understanding what the author is trying to say with the following quote:

"Assuming there is a training camp in early October, Colangelo said Johnson will be fully recovered to participate. "

Is he saying that Amir will be sufficiently recovered so he will be able to participate, or is he saying that in order to participate he will have to be fully recovered. It's a bit unclear to me. How'd you guys read it?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    As an aside I am not sure that offering Barbosa an extension (in the link) is a particularly smart thing to do at his salary range and the new cba. BC is going to have to curtail his urges to give out contracts at first opportunity.
                    it's the player's option. BC can't do anything about it

Is he saying that Amir will be sufficiently recovered so he will be able to participate, or is he saying that in order to participate he will have to be fully recovered. It's a bit unclear to me. How'd you guys read it?
                    I think it means he will be ready for training camp

Comment

Why did he wait so long to get this done? Would you not get an MRI and address the problem right away?
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Surgery is always the last option. You don't rush into it... unless you are certain it is the ONLY option on the table. He probably was given a certain time to watch how he recovered naturaly, if that goal was not met, his doctors probably made surgery the next course.
                        Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Thu May 19, 2011, 12:02 PM.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                          I have a hard time understanding what the author is trying to say with the following quote:

He is hinting at the potential lockout situation. Basically saying that if negotiations get settled and no lockout occurs, Amir will be ready to go for training camp.

Comment

Working...
                          X