Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Ramon Sessions?

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ramon Sessions?

    What do you guys think of Ramon Sessions?

    Since the Cavs got the #1 pick and i think they will go for Irving, and Davis is virtually untreatable, that would probably leave Sessions as the 3rd PG.

    Would he be a guy that would fit the Raps system? Can score, pass, rebound, good in transition, decent jumpshot. Not sure about his defense tho.

    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We have Bayless who is 2 years younger and does everything as well if not better than Sessions, no thanks.

    I am not even a big Bayless fan so that should tell you a little more as well.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,144
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    nah
    @jerboat

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    What do you guys think of Ramon Sessions?

    Since the Cavs got the #1 pick and i think they will go for Irving, and Davis is virtually untreatable, that would probably leave Sessions as the 3rd PG.

    Would he be a guy that would fit the Raps system? Can score, pass, rebound, good in transition, decent jumpshot. Not sure about his defense tho.

    What do you guys think?
    No thank you.

    He is 13/71 from 3 in his career (4 seasons and 259 games).

    I thinik Bayless is a better player with more upside and 3 years younger.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's overpaid, not good at running an offense and isn't a good defender. No, thanks.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    What do you guys think of Ramon Sessions?

    Since the Cavs got the #1 pick and i think they will go for Irving, and Davis is virtually untreatable, that would probably leave Sessions as the 3rd PG.

    Would he be a guy that would fit the Raps system? Can score, pass, rebound, good in transition, decent jumpshot. Not sure about his defense tho.

    What do you guys think?
    No for the same reasons stated by other posters.

    As for Cleveland picking a PG, not so sure. They could go DWilliams as he is excited to potentially go to Cleveland, and the Cavs have been rumoured to be cool to Irving, although that may have just been when CAA were courting him.

    ADD: I could def. see CLE going DWilliams and Kanter.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But didnt he do a good job when MoWill got injured?

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    No for the same reasons stated by other posters.

    As for Cleveland picking a PG, not so sure. They could go DWilliams as he is excited to potentially go to Cleveland, and the Cavs have been rumoured to be cool to Irving, although that may have just been when CAA were courting him.

    ADD: I could def. see CLE going DWilliams and Kanter.
    I think if they dont pick Irving, Dan Gilbert and Chris Grant will be castrated and thrown in the streets of cleveland to die. They certainly dont have a PG of Irving's caliber or a decent PG for that matter. Cavs will undoubtedly draft Irving, unless they trade that pick, then whoever will get that pick will definitely get Irving. I leaning more towards Irving and Kanter.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    I think if they dont pick Irving, Dan Gilbert and Chris Grant will be castrated and thrown in the streets of cleveland to die. They certainly dont have a PG of Irving's caliber or a decent PG for that matter. Cavs will undoubtedly draft Irving, unless they trade that pick, then whoever will get that pick will definitely get Irving. I leaning more towards Irving and Kanter.
    If they pick Williams at number one and then someone like Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight at 4, I don't think they'll be much uproar in Cleveland. A lot of people will see Williams as a pretty good replacement for LeBron. And the fact that he's spoken out about wanting to play there is only a good thing.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    If they pick Williams at number one and then someone like Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight at 4, I don't think they'll be much uproar in Cleveland. A lot of people will see Williams as a pretty good replacement for LeBron. And the fact that he's spoken out about wanting to play there is only a good thing.
    But isnt Irving the consensus #1 pick? Much like John Wall was last year?

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    If they pick Williams at number one and then someone like Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight at 4, I don't think they'll be much uproar in Cleveland. A lot of people will see Williams as a pretty good replacement for LeBron. And the fact that he's spoken out about wanting to play there is only a good thing.
    Or are you saying this in the hopes that theyll pass on Irving so the Raptors can get him and avoid another Euro player? hehehe just messin with you Tim.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    But isnt Irving the consensus #1 pick? Much like John Wall was last year?
    I don't think he is the consensus #1 overall(Irving). Probably 70-30 in his favour, but I don't think he's the consensus.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    But isnt Irving the consensus #1 pick? Much like John Wall was last year?
    I don't think completely clear cut. Irving certainly is the guy most like at the #1 spot, but Williams isn't that far behind, and there are some who like Williams better. John Wall was a guy everyone thought would be the best player. That's not true this time.

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Or are you saying this in the hopes that theyll pass on Irving so the Raptors can get him and avoid another Euro player? hehehe just messin with you Tim.
    Actually, part of me is hoping they take Williams and then either Walker or Knight at 4, leaving the Raptors to take Kanter. No way Irving lasts to 5.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I don't think completely clear cut. Irving certainly is the guy most like at the #1 spot, but Williams isn't that far behind, and there are some who like Williams better. John Wall was a guy everyone thought would be the best player. That's not true this time.

    Actually, part of me is hoping they take Williams and then either Walker or Knight at 4, leaving the Raptors to take Kanter. No way Irving lasts to 5.
    I see. I think the Cavs will most likely take Irving since they dont have a legit PG, and then Kanter, to allow Varejao to play PF, his natural position and move JJ to the 3 spot.

    If the Raps take Kanter, dont you think there's a higher probability that they will keep Bargnani coz then he can play his "natural" position which is the 4 spot? But if they take a PG, say Kemba, then that makes Calderon tradeable and most likely Bargnani as well because they dont have a legit center to pair him with?

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    But isnt Irving the consensus #1 pick? Much like John Wall was last year?
    No, not in the least. It's Irving 1a and Williams 1b at the moment. Both have question marks.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    I see. I think the Cavs will most likely take Irving since they dont have a legit PG, and then Kanter, to allow Varejao to play PF, his natural position and move JJ to the 3 spot.

    If the Raps take Kanter, dont you think there's a higher probability that they will keep Bargnani coz then he can play his "natural" position which is the 4 spot? But if they take a PG, say Kemba, then that makes Calderon tradeable and most likely Bargnani as well because they dont have a legit center to pair him with?
    Huh? Your logic in the second paragraph does not compute. They'll keep Bargnani if they have a replacement center, but not keep him when they don't?? If anything, it's the reverse: if we pick a center, we'll be more likely to trade Bargnani than if we don't have one to replace him with. I'm pretty sure team management doesn't buy into the whole "but he's a natural 4" that fans love to repeat ad nauseum. Not saying Management hasn't said things to that effect, but when was the last time fans took everything they said to be absolute truth? Fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter what position is more suited to Bargnani on offense; where he's lacking is on defense, and having him guard quicker players will probably take away the one strength he has on defense.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Quixotic wrote: View Post
    Huh? Your logic in the second paragraph does not compute. They'll keep Bargnani if they have a replacement center, but not keep him when they don't?? If anything, it's the reverse: if we pick a center, we'll be more likely to trade Bargnani than if we don't have one to replace him with. I'm pretty sure team management doesn't buy into the whole "but he's a natural 4" that fans love to repeat ad nauseum. Not saying Management hasn't said things to that effect, but when was the last time fans took everything they said to be absolute truth? Fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter what position is more suited to Bargnani on offense; where he's lacking is on defense, and having him guard quicker players will probably take away the one strength he has on defense.
    Ok once and for all Quixotic, you gotta stop these annoying ways you start your posts with. dont respond to my posts like you think im dumb or something, you can do that to other post-ers, but dont do it to me. Its really annoying. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you dont agree, respond in a civil and educated manner, not like you have this look on your face while asking the question "uh, are you stupid?" seriously man.

    first of all, im asking Tim if he thinks there's a better chance the raptors will keep bargnani if they get kanter than if they dont. its a legit logic, because Bc already came out and said how bad bargnani is with rebounding and defensively. if they get kanter, then he can be paired with bargnani, if not, then the team will still suffer with rebounding and defense, so if they cant pair bargnani with a center, then what is the logical think to do with him? trade him, right?

    huh? your logic in this sentence does not compute. colangelo already publicly stated that they might get a center to play alongside bargnani and let him play the 4 because thats his natural position. or at least he says he is.

    huh? again i dont get your logic on this. how can you comment on what millions and millions of fans think? did you ask them one by one? if they truly believe what GMs or management said?

    doesnt matter where he's lacking, he already publicly stated he's a 4, colangelo already said theyll get a center so he can play at the 4. im not asking how he'll fit at the 4, i know he'll be liability whichever position he plays, but if he says and BC says he'll play at the 4, what can you do?

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    I see. I think the Cavs will most likely take Irving since they dont have a legit PG, and then Kanter, to allow Varejao to play PF, his natural position and move JJ to the 3 spot.

    If the Raps take Kanter, dont you think there's a higher probability that they will keep Bargnani coz then he can play his "natural" position which is the 4 spot? But if they take a PG, say Kemba, then that makes Calderon tradeable and most likely Bargnani as well because they dont have a legit center to pair him with?
    JJ to the three spot? i hope your not talking bout hickson

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    JJ to the three spot? i hope your not talking bout hickson
    did he play the 3 couple of times last season?

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Ok once and for all Quixotic, you gotta stop these annoying ways you start your posts with. dont respond to my posts like you think im dumb or something, you can do that to other post-ers, but dont do it to me. Its really annoying. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you dont agree, respond in a civil and educated manner, not like you have this look on your face while asking the question "uh, are you stupid?" seriously man.

    first of all, im asking Tim if he thinks there's a better chance the raptors will keep bargnani if they get kanter than if they dont. its a legit logic, because Bc already came out and said how bad bargnani is with rebounding and defensively. if they get kanter, then he can be paired with bargnani, if not, then the team will still suffer with rebounding and defense, so if they cant pair bargnani with a center, then what is the logical think to do with him? trade him, right?

    huh? your logic in this sentence does not compute. colangelo already publicly stated that they might get a center to play alongside bargnani and let him play the 4 because thats his natural position. or at least he says he is.

    huh? again i dont get your logic on this. how can you comment on what millions and millions of fans think? did you ask them one by one? if they truly believe what GMs or management said?

    doesnt matter where he's lacking, he already publicly stated he's a 4, colangelo already said theyll get a center so he can play at the 4. im not asking how he'll fit at the 4, i know he'll be liability whichever position he plays, but if he says and BC says he'll play at the 4, what can you do?
    I think you need to be less sensitive. If I think your logic in a particular paragraph is lacking, how else would you like me to say it? "With all due respect, and I know you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine, but it is my opinion that your logic is lacking in the second paragraph"? Seriously.

    And my point was if we don't end up with another 5, it's less likely that they'll trade Bargnani because that would leave them with what exactly? Ed Davis and Amir Johnson only? If they pick up Kanter, they're not going to have enough playing time for Davis, Johnson, Kanter AND Bargnani. It's really quite simple if you avoid the non sequiturs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •