Barbosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbosa

Colangelo also noted that Leandro Barbosa, who battled season-long wrist issues, will not require surgery.

Colangelo referred to Barbosa as a “keeper,’’ a low-maintenance veteran who provided the Raptors with much-needed scoring and backcourt versatility coming off the bench.

Barbosa has a $7.4 million option he can exercise for next season, a decision that has yet to be made.

With so much unknown given the uncertainty of a labour deal, Colangelo admitted he’d entertain the option of discussing an extension with Barbosa.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/17...-faces-surgery

What are your thoughts on Barbosa?

1) Keep him for next year and let him expire.

2) Extend him at a lower annual salary.

3) He opts in and then is traded.

4) I hope he opts out and we have more cap room.
    I hope he opts in and we'll see what happens next summer.
    21.88%
    I hope he is extended at a lower annual salary that the current $7.6M he has left on his salary.
    28.13%
    I hope he opts in and we trade him.
    46.88%
    I hope he opts out and he is not back next year.
    3.13%
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed May 18, 2011, 12:58 PM.

Flip 'em
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I was disapointed that we could not move him before the trade deadline. Maybe we can use him to move up in the draft.

Word out of Minesota is that they are looking for vetran help willing to trade to attain it. Maybe we can talk Barbosa and Andrea with them, maybe Jose. Maybe a nice set of moose antlers for Bryan's office?

Comment

opts in and gets traded for oj mayo
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

If we can get something good for him def trade him. But I wouldn't be upset if he played another year and the raps would have more cap space next next year. When he is 'on' he's a huge spark off the bench, and the raps wouldn't need to find a 3rd string pg since he can play either the 1 or 2.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
            I was disapointed that we could not move him before the trade deadline. Maybe we can use him to move up in the draft.

Word out of Minesota is that they are looking for vetran help willing to trade to attain it. Maybe we can talk Barbosa and Andrea with them, maybe Jose. Maybe a nice set of moose antlers for Bryan's office?
            I agree. I said at the beginning of this past season that Barbosa had the best chance of being traded, but he was never healthy enough, unfortunately. I think they need to wait until he's healthy and then trade him. His best value to the team, at this point, is as a trade asset.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

opts in and trade.

Comment

trade bosa and resign money as our backup SG, problem solved.

Comment

barbosa has more years of quality under his belt than weems.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I hope he opts in and plays out the year, the guy is a baller and if healthy will be a valuable player for us. If he does opt in and play well his trade value to a contender could go up, getting a player and a pick in the late teens early 20's for the 2012 draft would be nice.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Colangelo has a long history with Barbosa as he drafted him in the first round so that'll weigh into the decision.

Personally I'm ambivalent towards him. When he's on he provides scoring but but when he's off he just keeps trying to do it all himself.

Comment

yeah. it seems he'll either just about single handedly win games for us, or lose them. if his shot is falling hes as prolific a scorer as there is in the NBA but when its not falling he needs to learn to knock it off.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would really love for the Raps to keep Barbosa. He's a veteran who's been in both losing and winning seasons, tons of playoff experience and seems to be a positive influence in the locker room. He brings quick and momentum changing points off the bench.

But, keeping him for 7.6mil, IMO, is way over the top. I dont think there's any way around it. Even if BC tries to convince him to opt out to sign a lower but longer deal, he would be dumb to take it. For less pay and more years, logically, he should sign with a contender to put himself in a position to win a ring.

With all the positives he brings, the negative drastically outweighs them. His wrist is a major, major deterrent in signing a long contract.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                            Colangelo has a long history with Barbosa as he drafted him in the first round so that'll weigh into the decision.

Personally I'm ambivalent towards him. When he's on he provides scoring but but when he's off he just keeps trying to do it all himself.
                            It should depend on the coach. If he sees the shots arent falling, take him out. Barbosa is not the type of player who takes long to get his shot going. Youll fairly see in his first 3 shots if he's on or not.

Comment

I say keep him. He's a great veteran leader for our young core. he puts up numbers. Great off the bench. Will blow by any of the rookie guards coming into the league. Has waaay more experience than who people are nut-hugging in the draft, so we got that many more years for him to dominate. He's one of the quickest in the league and is one of the best defenders on our roster. Plus, add that I'm no trade-addict like most people on here. The team needs stability. Sick and tired of trading quality players for them to dominate us on another team. If y'all don't see that happening all the time, open your eyes.
                              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Working...
                              X