Barbosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    barbosa has more years of quality under his belt than weems.
    No he doesn't. If Weems was actually playing SG no one would be bitching about him because he's pretty good at SG.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      No he doesn't. If Weems was actually playing SG no one would be bitching about him because he's pretty good at SG.
      i gotta agree with you there. Bosa is getting old but weems has still got time to step it up. And weems is more explosive and loves to throw down dunks which is good, especially for a guy coming off the bench.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        So Weems who can't shoot the 3 ball, does not create and attack the basket in the half court, has questionable handles, is not a great passer, but does score well in transition and off off one or two dribble pull ups is better? Weems is just not a great NBA player, serviceable yes, but I take one years and then cap relief from Barbosa over extending Weems for a few years, even at a deal, he is just not part of team's future.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          So Weems who can't shoot the 3 ball, does not create and attack the basket in the half court, has questionable handles, is not a great passer, but does score well in transition and off off one or two dribble pull ups is better? Weems is just not a great NBA player, serviceable yes, but I take one years and then cap relief from Barbosa over extending Weems for a few years, even at a deal, he is just not part of team's future.
          But he "loves to throw down dunks" dude!!! hahaha
          Sorry Raptors_, im not slighting you but that is how Weems plays, one of his best assets is dunking through traffic but i dont think thats enough for him to garner a spot in the rotation.

Comment

he can hit the 3 sometimes. he shot 28% thats not that bad. Does not score well in transition? most of his points are scored in fastbreaks. Weems averaged 2.6 APG and barbosa Averaged 2.1 i think he is slightly better at passing than barbosa. I'd still take weems over barbosa, he's got size over him and explosiveness. He still has time to improve but i don't think BC will resign him.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              It should depend on the coach. If he sees the shots arent falling, take him out. Barbosa is not the type of player who takes long to get his shot going. Youll fairly see in his first 3 shots if he's on or not.
              If Triano started pulling guys off the court because they missed their first three shots he wouldn't be so "liked and respected" by his players.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                he can hit the 3 sometimes. he shot 28% thats not that bad. Does not score well in transition? most of his points are scored in fastbreaks. Weems averaged 2.6 APG and barbosa Averaged 2.1 i think he is slightly better at passing than barbosa. I'd still take weems over barbosa, he's got size over him and explosiveness. He still has time to improve but i don't think BC will resign him.
                Try re-reading what I posted!
                Assists per game does not necessarily tell whether you are a good passer or not, moving the ball to the open shooter is a good thing, but creating and passing is different. For the record Weems averaged 1.8 apg, not 2.6, Barbosa also had the better assist to turnover ratio as well....sorry but your argument is busted.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I would really love for the Raps to keep Barbosa. He's a veteran who's been in both losing and winning seasons, tons of playoff experience and seems to be a positive influence in the locker room. He brings quick and momentum changing points off the bench.

But, keeping him for 7.6mil, IMO, is way over the top. I dont think there's any way around it. Even if BC tries to convince him to opt out to sign a lower but longer deal, he would be dumb to take it. For less pay and more years, logically, he should sign with a contender to put himself in a position to win a ring.

With all the positives he brings, the negative drastically outweighs them. His wrist is a major, major deterrent in signing a long contract.
                  that is what i've been preaching all along

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                    If Triano started pulling guys off the court because they missed their first three shots he wouldn't be so "liked and respected" by his players.
                    I think youre taking it way too literally.
                    Of course, if all 3 shots were highly contested then its unfair to pull him out. But if all three are open, close to the rim shots then something is not really working out. And by 1st three shots i mean gauge as to how he's playing, not literally count, ok 1st shot, no good, 2nd shot, no good, 3rd shot, no good, SUB!!!!
                    Besides, Barbosa's role is a sub and sparkplug, its not like he's a starter that you have to give big minutes every game.
                    If youre going to hate the coach for pulling you out because your shots are not falling and take it personally then youve got bigger problems than just your shot.

Comment

Try re-reading what I posted!
                      Assists per game does not necessarily tell whether you are a good passer or not, moving the ball to the open shooter is a good thing, but creating and passing is different. For the record Weems averaged 1.8 apg, not 2.6, Barbosa also had the better assist to turnover ratio as well....sorry but your argument is busted.
                      i'd still take weems

Comment

He's pure speed and scoring off the bench ... knows his role ... I say extend him!
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

cut em both and bring in affalo, terrance williams, michael redd or J.R smith.

Comment

I would really love for the Raps to keep Barbosa. He's a veteran who's been in both losing and winning seasons, tons of playoff experience and seems to be a positive influence in the locker room. He brings quick and momentum changing points off the bench.

But, keeping him for 7.6mil, IMO, is way over the top. I dont think there's any way around it. Even if BC tries to convince him to opt out to sign a lower but longer deal, he would be dumb to take it. For less pay and more years, logically, he should sign with a contender to put himself in a position to win a ring.

With all the positives he brings, the negative drastically outweighs them. His wrist is a major, major deterrent in signing a long contract.
                            If the Raptors were in a different position, Barbosa would be a great guy to keep. But there are two problems with keeping him. The first is that he takes playing time away from other young players who may need it, especially in crunch time. Secondly, he's an asset that will probably only decline after next season. Rebuilding teams don't have the luxury of keeping declining assets like Barbosa because they need players who will either help them over the next 5-8 years (which for a guy like Barbosa who has had the injury history he has is doubtful) or assets that increase in value. Barbosa sin't either of those.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              If the Raptors were in a different position, Barbosa would be a great guy to keep. But there are two problems with keeping him. The first is that he takes playing time away from other young players who may need it, especially in crunch time. Secondly, he's an asset that will probably only decline after next season. Rebuilding teams don't have the luxury of keeping declining assets like Barbosa because they need players who will either help them over the next 5-8 years (which for a guy like Barbosa who has had the injury history he has is doubtful) or assets that increase in value. Barbosa sin't either of those.
                              Actually a healthy Barbosa on an expiring deal is a great asset. We have seen what guys like Barea, Crawford, Mayo and Harden have done in these playoffs and a team may look for that scoring punch off the bench for a playoff run.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Actually a healthy Barbosa on an expiring deal is a great asset. We have seen what guys like Barea, Crawford, Mayo and Harden have done in these playoffs and a team may look for that scoring punch off the bench for a playoff run.
                                I think Barbosa is a great asset. I agree. I just said his value probably goes down after next season. His age, as well as the fact that he'll have signed a new deal, probably long term. At the next trade deadline is probably the best time to trade him. Hopefully he'll be healthy.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X