Chicago Combine 2011 - Interviews and News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    If a blind person can contribute in a positive way, then you take him. Of course the fact that he's blind might be a bit of a red flag that will prevent him from contributing in a positive way. Same goes for Walker's standing reach. That might be an indication he could struggle on defense and possibly getting his shot off in the NBA.
    i didn't mean it that way to stop acting like a smartass.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
      i didn't mean it that way to stop acting like a smartass.
      Every part of my body is smart, but that's not important right now.

And I don't think ANYONE cares what measurements a guy has if he contributes positively. Unfortunately none of us know whether most of these guys can, and measurements, however much I feel are often overrated, can give an indication of whether a player will be able to contribute. Walker's standing reach is a red flag. And when you're trying to judge how well prospects will play in the NBA, you HAVE to take that into consideration.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Every part of my body is smart, but that's not important right now.
        Wth? whats that suppose to mean?

Comment

haha Relax Raps_. He's just joking with you.

I love that you bring your opinions and your points around these parts, and you give a hell of a debate my man, but you have to be more composed when dealing with a difference of a opinions. I know it's hard to pick up on when someones joking or not, because it's only text, but ya, you should try not to get so riled up and quick to the draw. You'll give yourself ulcer. haha
          I want to jump through the screen sometimes too, but I tend to just laugh it off as no big deal.
          Last edited by Joey; Fri May 20, 2011, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
            Wth? whats that suppose to mean?
            Reread you post I responded to. Focusing on the last word.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Kanter Declines Pre-Draft Interviews With Jazz, Raptors, Bucks

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213796/Kanter_Declines_Pre_Draft_Interviews_With_Jazz_Rap tors_Bucks#ixzz1Mwy9DJYf

Enes Kanter reportedly refused to participate in interviews with the Utah Jazz, Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks. The Jazz hold the No. 3 and No. 12 picks in the draft, the Raptors are the No. 5 pick and the Bucks are the No. 10 selection.

This early in the process, refusing to interview with teams is highly unusual. The only explanations: Kanter doesn't want to play for those teams or he does want to play for someone else.On Thursday, CSNWashington.com reported that Kanter's preference was the Washington Wizards, who hold the No. 6 pick.
              Has Hedo been talking to Kanter?

Comment

BC Boy wrote: View Post
                Kanter Declines Pre-Draft Interviews With Jazz, Raptors, Bucks

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/213796/Kanter_Declines_Pre_Draft_Interviews_With_Jazz_Rap tors_Bucks#ixzz1Mwy9DJYf

Has Hedo been talking to Kanter?
                If this is true, I think his reasoning is clear. He didn't pick those teams because of city (not with Cleveland and Detroit still on the board) or draft position (Utah's #3 is within his draft range, and Milwaukee's #10 isn't), but because those are the teams with a "logjam" of bigs. Milwaukee has Bogut/Gooden/Ilyasova/Sanders, Utah has Okur/Jefferson/Millsap/Favors, and Toronto has Bargnani/Davis/Johnson. On all of the other teams, Kanter has a good chance to either start or play significant minutes. If this is the actual reasoning, it's not going to matter as we actually would like to move Bargnani if we could get our hands on Kanter. Plenty of playing time for him here.

Comment

He wants to play with the wiz. Apparently him and Wall are good buddies (Kentucky alums) and his agent has been whispering in his ear (I'm sure Kanter probably feels likewise) that he should do everything to turn T.O. off. Kind of like what Yi did with Milwaukee.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    He wants to play with the wiz. Apparently him and Wall are good buddies (Kentucky alums) and his agent has been whispering in his ear (I'm sure Kanter probably feels likewise) that he should do everything to turn T.O. off. Kind of like what Yi did with Milwaukee.
                    If that were the case, he should refuse Cleveland and Minnesota interviews as well. They're pretty big threats to pick him at #2 or #4 overall. We would be lucky for him to fall to us at #5.

More likely the Wizards reporter asked Kanter how he'd feel about being in a Wizards uniform, Kanter gave a positive answer about fellow Kentucky alum John Wall playing there, and, alas, a rumor is born.
                    Last edited by Quixotic; Fri May 20, 2011, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                      If this is true, I think his reasoning is clear. He didn't pick those teams because of city (not with Cleveland and Detroit still on the board) or draft position (Utah's #3 is within his draft range, and Milwaukee's #10 isn't), but because those are the teams with a "logjam" of bigs. Milwaukee has Bogut/Gooden/Ilyasova/Sanders, Utah has Okur/Jefferson/Millsap/Favors, and Toronto has Bargnani/Davis/Johnson. On all of the other teams, Kanter has a good chance to either start or play significant minutes. If this is the actual reasoning, it's not going to matter as we actually would like to move Bargnani if we could get our hands on Kanter. Plenty of playing time for him here.
                      Agreed. I'm guessing a lot of fans are going to overreact over this news, but these types of manoeuvres are rarely orchestrated by the player, anyway, but by the agent. Hopefully someone can convince Kanter that if the Raptors draft him then Bargnani will be shipped out and he'll be the starting center so they can at least get a sit down with him.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                        If that were the case, he should refuse Cleveland and Minnesota interviews as well. They're pretty big threats to pick him at #2 or #4 overall. We would be lucky for him to fall to us at #5.

More likely the Wizards reporter asked Kanter how he'd feel about being in a Wizards uniform, Kanter gave a positive answer about fellow Kentucky alum John Wall playing there, and, alas, a rumor is born.
                        WHy Cleveland? The only center they have on the roster is Ryan Hollins, who actually started 16 games for them despite borderline NBA talent. Varejao is not really a center and does anyone really think he's going to last more than a year before being traded?

As for Minnesota, do you really think he'd choose Minnesota over Toronto for any reason that had to do with the team or city?
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

WHy Cleveland? The only center they have on the roster is Ryan Hollins, who actually started 16 games for them despite borderline NBA talent. Varejao is not really a center and does anyone really think he's going to last more than a year before being traded?

As for Minnesota, do you really think he'd choose Minnesota over Toronto for any reason that had to do with the team or city?
                          That's what I meant (didn't I say that, lol?). I don't think he's actually trying to maneuver himself to the Wizards, or else he would have refused Cleveland and Minnesota as well.

Or were you being sarcastic? My sarcasm meter is off at the moment.

Comment

Because he hasn't had a interview with either team yet. He was scheduled for the 3 today and blew them off. Apparently the wiz rumors are more than just media speculation, too. His agent is telling teams that's who he wants to play for.

Just telling you guys what I hear.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Because he hasn't had a interview with either team yet. He was scheduled for the 3 today and blew them off. Apparently the wiz rumors are more than just media speculation, too. His agent is telling teams that's who he wants to play for.

Just telling you guys what I hear.
                              Well, hopefully he blows them off too then! If it scares the other teams off him, we'll pick him up. Then when Wall becomes a FA, he can come join his buddy Kanter in T-Dot!

Comment

There is no use speculating on why he didn't interview today. For instance, this just in:

Now hearing Jazz will spend all day with Enes Kanter on June 2nd in Chicago. Will see him workout + interview. He's not dodging Jazz.
                                @chadfordinsider
                                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                                X