Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Profile: Kemba Walker

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Draft Profile: Kemba Walker

Was officially measured at the combine, comes in at 5'11.5" in his socks, 6'1 in shoes with a 6' 3.5" wingspan.

taller than i expected
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue May 24th, 2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Added combine interview video
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

suddenly kemba at 5 is making more and more sense
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one. I've always said he's not 5'10" as SOOO many have been saying. Its ridiculous.
    There's a reason he's listed at 6'1" on UConns website.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

I probably could have put this in one of the general draft threads but I'm a rolling stone
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Not bad size, but I am still keeping my options open.

Any link?

Post Thanks / Like

Was off chad ford's twitter. There'll probably be a article or whatever a little later on I can link to.

That Morris pg out of Michigan has intriguing size. Didnt see many Michigan games though, no idea how he plays. Apparently he's tearing up workouts.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Was off chad ford's twitter. There'll probably be a article or whatever a little later on I can link to.

That Morris pg out of Michigan has intriguing size. Didnt see many Michigan games though, no idea how he plays. Apparently he's tearing up workouts.
    I followed him a bit throughout the year, he needs to improve his range but he can fill up a stat sheet. Good passer and shows confidence in his teammates.

Post Thanks / Like

Extremely capable defender as well

Edit: wait you're probably talking about Morris
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

That puts all the rumours to bed. However, how much of an upgrade is he than Bayless? While I slowly warmed up to what Walker brings to the table - I do like his intangibles, that size of his and that jumpshot worries me. He'll have to work hard on that jumpshot. If Colangelo selects him, I'll back it. But if Williams drops and Kanter is around at 5 and Walker is the pick, I will admit that I'd be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    That puts all the rumours to bed. However, how much of an upgrade is he than Bayless? While I slowly warmed up to what Walker brings to the table - I do like his intangibles, that size of his and that jumpshot worries me. He'll have to work hard on that jumpshot. If Colangelo selects him, I'll back it. But if Williams drops and Kanter is around at 5 and Walker is the pick, I will admit that I'd be disappointed.
    Fully Agree.
    I do not think that Kemba is necessarily the IDEAL pick for us, but I wouldn't be against it if we picked him.
    I think there are other players that will fill a more apparent need, and as you said, if Kanter is available, then there shouldn't even be a question as to who we take.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Walker can create serious separation for himself and has an improving mid-range game. Oh wait, isn't that Ben Gordon lite you say? Where he separates himself from his "type" is that he loves to make plays for others, and is an improving team player. He's a scorer who genuinely wants to be a pass-first PG, maybe in college he didn't fully get that chance because he had to carry a lot of the scoring burden due to him being a junior on a team giving freshman big minutes.

People making an issue about Kemba Walker's height need to realize that he's 6'1" with shoes, which is the same as Rajon Rondo. You can make a case that he can be exploited by people shooting over him, but honestly, when did you recall T.J Ford being exploited on defense? Even Barea in Dallas gets away with it? Height is much more of a factor at the SG where players are generally 6'5" and taller, if you stick a midget there like Jarrett Jack you saw what happens, PG, not so much.

His attitude is also right, maybe he was a reach with the 3rd pick, definitely not at the 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I'd certainly take Kanter over him but it certainly makes the selection of walker a hell of a lot easier to stomach. He's a champion, and that's the type of guy we need.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

If Walker is indeed the pick, you know that the selection would be welcomed by at least one of the members of this team (DeRozan). Calderon would have to be gone and I guess if you go small, you could always used Kemba at the 1, Bayless at the 2 and DeRozan at the 3. That would be a shitload of speed and athleticism on the court.

Post Thanks / Like

@jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see. A lot of forced shots, including when teammates were wide open. He's a PG, you say?

It would be ironic if he were picked, though. DeRozan idolized VInce Carter, Davis liked Bosh and Walker reminds me a hell of a lot of Damon Stoudamire.

I agree that Kanter is by far the best choice, if he's available. And if he's not, they should trade up to get him.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Let's see. A lot of forced shots, including when teammates were wide open. He's a PG, you say?

It would be ironic if he were picked, though. DeRozan idolized VInce Carter, Davis liked Bosh and Walker reminds me a hell of a lot of Damon Stoudamire.

I agree that Kanter is by far the best choice, if he's available. And if he's not, they should trade up to get him.
    With PGs like Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook being regarded as the Two best PGs in the league while shooting 25-30 shots a game, you can't really Fault a PG for being able to hit clutch shots anymore.

Kemba has shown to be more than capable in getting his teammates open shots.
    HOWEVER, if your coach tells you to run the play and take the shot, then you run the play and take the shot. And thats what Kemba was dealing with.
    If he had passed more, then they would have lost more.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I think what you meant to say was that it specifically wouldn't be ironic. Ironic would be like if you picked him to be your PG, but he ended up leading your team in turnovers, rebounds and blocked shots. What you describe above is more like "par for the course," or "typical."

Post Thanks / Like

"It's a crab-step" - Lebron James
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard, the crab-step was called a travel. That's what began all that nonsense calling it a crab-step in the first place.

Here's a small play I just wrote up. It's basically how the league works.

*Whistle blows*
    Rookie Referee: "Travel. You took fifteen steps."
    Lebron James: "WHHATTT???!!! That's my patented 'I'm-a-superstar-therefore-how-dare-you-call-me-for-an-obvious-infraction' move. Look it up, smart guy."
    *Whistle blows*
    Rookie Referee: "Technical foul. Number 6."
    Veteran Referee (talking to Rookie Referee): "Whoah...whoah, there. Easy up. He's right. Rescind the foul. And I'm calling a technical on you, for interfering with a superstar."

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol... there was a short time, that anytime i saw lebron playing, i'd sing the crab people song from south park..

Thread Information