Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Profile: Kemba Walker

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Let's see. A lot of forced shots, including when teammates were wide open. He's a PG, you say?

It would be ironic if he were picked, though. DeRozan idolized VInce Carter, Davis liked Bosh and Walker reminds me a hell of a lot of Damon Stoudamire.

I agree that Kanter is by far the best choice, if he's available. And if he's not, they should trade up to get him.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

That's good news for Walker. One less red flag.

Kanter also measured out good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Let's see. A lot of forced shots, including when teammates were wide open. He's a PG, you say?

It would be ironic if he were picked, though. DeRozan idolized VInce Carter, Davis liked Bosh and Walker reminds me a hell of a lot of Damon Stoudamire.

I agree that Kanter is by far the best choice, if he's available. And if he's not, they should trade up to get him.
    With PGs like Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook being regarded as the Two best PGs in the league while shooting 25-30 shots a game, you can't really Fault a PG for being able to hit clutch shots anymore.

Kemba has shown to be more than capable in getting his teammates open shots.
    HOWEVER, if your coach tells you to run the play and take the shot, then you run the play and take the shot. And thats what Kemba was dealing with.
    If he had passed more, then they would have lost more.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be that I just watched the last few games, but I do really enjoy Bayless' game. Sort of like a Russell Westbrook type but is actually open to criticism. If we draft Kemba I say flip him for some vet help. Let the Jose/Bayless combo ride for one more season to see if we it can work.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been one of the adamant supporters of Calderon on this site for the last couple of years, however I think that there is little doubt that he'll be a part of the future. with 2 years left on his contract he'd have to sign another one with us to be around when we make a playoff push 3-5 years down the road. It's not that I don't like Calderon it's just that to improve this team we have to give something up to get something back. Calderon is one of the pieces I think we HAVE to be willing to give up. I'd still keep Kemba and let him develop for two years and see where he is at. If he is great awesome, if he is just an okay backup then he can be used as trade bait at that point. If he's a huge bust then you just don't resign him when his rookie contract is up.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I think what you meant to say was that it specifically wouldn't be ironic. Ironic would be like if you picked him to be your PG, but he ended up leading your team in turnovers, rebounds and blocked shots. What you describe above is more like "par for the course," or "typical."

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Walker HAD to take a lot of shots, and only 2 of those actually looked forced-a bunch of them were with the clock running down.

If I had to choose over Walker or Knight, I'd take Walker without question. If we take Walker, then we should move Calderon (inb4 But he can run an offense (but not nearly enough to make up for his defense)). If we take Knight then we should keep Calderon, move Bayless or Barbosa and bring him along slowly. I don't want us to draft either of them, and I don't want Kanter because I doubt that he'll be a very good defender

Post Thanks / Like

That move that Walker pulls at 1:29 or so...sweet though it is...is that not a travel? He picks up his dribble with the hop step. Then takes another step after the pump fake. Isn't the hop step already two steps?

Post Thanks / Like

Fun fact: 85% of North Americans don't know what ironic means. Just ask Alanis Morissette.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

"It's a crab-step" - Lebron James
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard, the crab-step was called a travel. That's what began all that nonsense calling it a crab-step in the first place.

Here's a small play I just wrote up. It's basically how the league works.

*Whistle blows*
    Rookie Referee: "Travel. You took fifteen steps."
    Lebron James: "WHHATTT???!!! That's my patented 'I'm-a-superstar-therefore-how-dare-you-call-me-for-an-obvious-infraction' move. Look it up, smart guy."
    *Whistle blows*
    Rookie Referee: "Technical foul. Number 6."
    Veteran Referee (talking to Rookie Referee): "Whoah...whoah, there. Easy up. He's right. Rescind the foul. And I'm calling a technical on you, for interfering with a superstar."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    I think what you meant to say was that it specifically wouldn't be ironic. Ironic would be like if you picked him to be your PG, but he ended up leading your team in turnovers, rebounds and blocked shots. What you describe above is more like "par for the course," or "typical."
    Yes, true. I should have actually said funny or coincidental.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Fun fact: 85% of North Americans don't know what ironic means. Just ask Alanis Morissette.
    When someone asks exactly what irony is, I always point to that song as the perfect example of irony. A song about irony that is anything but ironic.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    Walker HAD to take a lot of shots, and only 2 of those actually looked forced-a bunch of them were with the clock running down.

If I had to choose over Walker or Knight, I'd take Walker without question. If we take Walker, then we should move Calderon (inb4 But he can run an offense (but not nearly enough to make up for his defense)). If we take Knight then we should keep Calderon, move Bayless or Barbosa and bring him along slowly. I don't want us to draft either of them, and I don't want Kanter because I doubt that he'll be a very good defender
    I'm not just talking about the highlights. And a PG finds ways to get his teammates involved. I rarely saw that with Walker. If I was FORCED to choose between Walker and Knight, I'd probably take Walker, too. Thankfully, it's not a choice between just those two.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LIES! I don't believe that.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

That move that Walker pulls at 1:29 or so...sweet though it is...is that not a travel? He picks up his dribble with the hop step. Then takes another step after the pump fake. Isn't the hop step already two steps?
    Travel for sure. A lot people think you can pivot after a hop step but you can't pivot into or out of a hop step. All you can do after a hop step is pass, shoot, or travel. That being said, you'll go insane if you are nit picky with the rules. The current refs are as inconsistent and bias as they get.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wow Kemba broke that dudes ankle and neck at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like

It kinda looks like it, but he actually just goes into the Hop Step, keeps a pivot foot, rotates slightly and then caries into the shooting motion. Perfectly legal move. And perfectly lovely.

Didn't read Krix's response. You can absolutely maintain a pivot foot once you've done a 'Power Stop'/'Hop Step'. As long as you land both feet at the same time. Which he does. Once he takes the Hop Step he doesn't lose his pivot foot until he is shooting.

I think, anyway. I could absolutely be wrong on that.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri May 20th, 2011 at 04:32 PM.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol... there was a short time, that anytime i saw lebron playing, i'd sing the crab people song from south park..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    I would however definitely look to pick up a later round pick to get Darius Morris. He is described as perhaps the best true PG in the draft, has good size, good playmaking and general offense, runs a team well, and would do well for a change of pace off the bench from Bayless the first couple of years. If Bayless doesn't establish then Morris could maybe become a starter down the road, but at the very least be a solid backup for years to come at worst imo. If we can grab a pick and take him I would be happy.
    i love it when you talk dirty
    @jerboat

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information