Ramon Sessions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    I see. I think the Cavs will most likely take Irving since they dont have a legit PG, and then Kanter, to allow Varejao to play PF, his natural position and move JJ to the 3 spot.

If the Raps take Kanter, dont you think there's a higher probability that they will keep Bargnani coz then he can play his "natural" position which is the 4 spot? But if they take a PG, say Kemba, then that makes Calderon tradeable and most likely Bargnani as well because they dont have a legit center to pair him with?
    Huh? Your logic in the second paragraph does not compute. They'll keep Bargnani if they have a replacement center, but not keep him when they don't?? If anything, it's the reverse: if we pick a center, we'll be more likely to trade Bargnani than if we don't have one to replace him with. I'm pretty sure team management doesn't buy into the whole "but he's a natural 4" that fans love to repeat ad nauseum. Not saying Management hasn't said things to that effect, but when was the last time fans took everything they said to be absolute truth? Fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter what position is more suited to Bargnani on offense; where he's lacking is on defense, and having him guard quicker players will probably take away the one strength he has on defense.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
      Huh? Your logic in the second paragraph does not compute. They'll keep Bargnani if they have a replacement center, but not keep him when they don't?? If anything, it's the reverse: if we pick a center, we'll be more likely to trade Bargnani than if we don't have one to replace him with. I'm pretty sure team management doesn't buy into the whole "but he's a natural 4" that fans love to repeat ad nauseum. Not saying Management hasn't said things to that effect, but when was the last time fans took everything they said to be absolute truth? Fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter what position is more suited to Bargnani on offense; where he's lacking is on defense, and having him guard quicker players will probably take away the one strength he has on defense.
      Ok once and for all Quixotic, you gotta stop these annoying ways you start your posts with. dont respond to my posts like you think im dumb or something, you can do that to other post-ers, but dont do it to me. Its really annoying. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you dont agree, respond in a civil and educated manner, not like you have this look on your face while asking the question "uh, are you stupid?" seriously man.

first of all, im asking Tim if he thinks there's a better chance the raptors will keep bargnani if they get kanter than if they dont. its a legit logic, because Bc already came out and said how bad bargnani is with rebounding and defensively. if they get kanter, then he can be paired with bargnani, if not, then the team will still suffer with rebounding and defense, so if they cant pair bargnani with a center, then what is the logical think to do with him? trade him, right?

huh? your logic in this sentence does not compute. colangelo already publicly stated that they might get a center to play alongside bargnani and let him play the 4 because thats his natural position. or at least he says he is.

huh? again i dont get your logic on this. how can you comment on what millions and millions of fans think? did you ask them one by one? if they truly believe what GMs or management said?

doesnt matter where he's lacking, he already publicly stated he's a 4, colangelo already said theyll get a center so he can play at the 4. im not asking how he'll fit at the 4, i know he'll be liability whichever position he plays, but if he says and BC says he'll play at the 4, what can you do?

Comment

I see. I think the Cavs will most likely take Irving since they dont have a legit PG, and then Kanter, to allow Varejao to play PF, his natural position and move JJ to the 3 spot.

If the Raps take Kanter, dont you think there's a higher probability that they will keep Bargnani coz then he can play his "natural" position which is the 4 spot? But if they take a PG, say Kemba, then that makes Calderon tradeable and most likely Bargnani as well because they dont have a legit center to pair him with?
        JJ to the three spot? i hope your not talking bout hickson

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
          did he play the 3 couple of times last season?

Comment

Ok once and for all Quixotic, you gotta stop these annoying ways you start your posts with. dont respond to my posts like you think im dumb or something, you can do that to other post-ers, but dont do it to me. Its really annoying. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if you dont agree, respond in a civil and educated manner, not like you have this look on your face while asking the question "uh, are you stupid?" seriously man.

first of all, im asking Tim if he thinks there's a better chance the raptors will keep bargnani if they get kanter than if they dont. its a legit logic, because Bc already came out and said how bad bargnani is with rebounding and defensively. if they get kanter, then he can be paired with bargnani, if not, then the team will still suffer with rebounding and defense, so if they cant pair bargnani with a center, then what is the logical think to do with him? trade him, right?

huh? your logic in this sentence does not compute. colangelo already publicly stated that they might get a center to play alongside bargnani and let him play the 4 because thats his natural position. or at least he says he is.

huh? again i dont get your logic on this. how can you comment on what millions and millions of fans think? did you ask them one by one? if they truly believe what GMs or management said?

doesnt matter where he's lacking, he already publicly stated he's a 4, colangelo already said theyll get a center so he can play at the 4. im not asking how he'll fit at the 4, i know he'll be liability whichever position he plays, but if he says and BC says he'll play at the 4, what can you do?
            I think you need to be less sensitive. If I think your logic in a particular paragraph is lacking, how else would you like me to say it? "With all due respect, and I know you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine, but it is my opinion that your logic is lacking in the second paragraph"? Seriously.

And my point was if we don't end up with another 5, it's less likely that they'll trade Bargnani because that would leave them with what exactly? Ed Davis and Amir Johnson only? If they pick up Kanter, they're not going to have enough playing time for Davis, Johnson, Kanter AND Bargnani. It's really quite simple if you avoid the non sequiturs.

Comment

Yeah, Hickson at the 3 is crazy talk. With all due respect, that is.

Comment

I think it's definitely likely the Cavs will take Irving first. I just wouldn't be shocked if they take Williams, instead. And I agree that Irving and Kanter are the best bets to be drafted by the Cavs.

I think drafting Kanter means it's more likely that the Raptors trade Bargnani because hey won't need him to play center, anymore. They already have Davis and Amir at PF, so there's really no room or need for him there. And Kanter's ability to score means that Bargnani's only strength is no longer needed.

If they don't have a legit center, I'm not sure how that makes him more expendable, since the Raptors will then be without a real center. Also, I don't see Calderon and Bargnani being traded together. Not with their contracts. It's a possibility, but unlikely.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Yeah, Hickson at the 3 is crazy talk. With all due respect, that is.
                  do u actually live in NYC?

Comment

do u actually live in NYC?
                    Yes, that's where my home is, why? You want to come over too? =P

Comment

Only thing I want from Cleveland are their draft picks...

Comment

I'll take their football team. I would really really like an NFL team in Toronto, even the Browns.
                        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Yes, that's where my home is, why? You want to come over too? =P
                          Now now Raptors_, try not to respond with anything too disrespectful! We don't wanna chase the foreigners away!

BTW Quixotic, how thew F did you become a Raps fan in NYC? Are you a re-locator?

And to RaptorDan; I'd take Buffalo or Cleveland to be our NFL team! Gimme J'Ville or anyone dammit!!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            Now now Raptors_, try not to respond with anything too disrespectful! We don't wanna chase the foreigners away!

BTW Quixotic, how thew F did you become a Raps fan in NYC? Are you a re-locator?

And to RaptorDan; I'd take Buffalo or Cleveland to be our NFL team! Gimme J'Ville or anyone dammit!!
                            Born in Hamilton, grew up in Toronto, moved to the States. =) Never did like the Knicks; Raptors fan for life!

Comment

I think you need to be less sensitive. If I think your logic in a particular paragraph is lacking, how else would you like me to say it? "With all due respect, and I know you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine, but it is my opinion that your logic is lacking in the second paragraph"? Seriously.

And my point was if we don't end up with another 5, it's less likely that they'll trade Bargnani because that would leave them with what exactly? Ed Davis and Amir Johnson only? If they pick up Kanter, they're not going to have enough playing time for Davis, Johnson, Kanter AND Bargnani. It's really quite simple if you avoid the non sequiturs.
                              hahaha funny. now youre saying im too sensitive? ok, i promise not to be too sensitive anymore.

Not sure if youve been watching the Raps games last season, but with Bargnani at the 5 really didnt do much against opposing 5s. And like i said, BC already publicly stated that they will play Bargnani at the 4, and Bargnani also said the 4 is his natural position. I dont think thats too hard to comprehend, dont you?

huh? not enough playing time? if i recall correctly, davis avg 24mins, bargnani - 35, amir - 25, evans - 26 and dorsey - 12mins. but i guess youre right, coz when they draft kanter, theyll play bargnani, amir and davis 48 mins a game! so there wont be any mins for kanter left! forget who's the PF, SF, C, SG, PG, Security, Janitor, hot mop girl at the ACC, just play our bigs 48mins each game!!!

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                I think it's definitely likely the Cavs will take Irving first. I just wouldn't be shocked if they take Williams, instead. And I agree that Irving and Kanter are the best bets to be drafted by the Cavs.

I think drafting Kanter means it's more likely that the Raptors trade Bargnani because hey won't need him to play center, anymore. They already have Davis and Amir at PF, so there's really no room or need for him there. And Kanter's ability to score means that Bargnani's only strength is no longer needed.

If they don't have a legit center, I'm not sure how that makes him more expendable, since the Raptors will then be without a real center. Also, I don't see Calderon and Bargnani being traded together. Not with their contracts. It's a possibility, but unlikely.
                                So you think BC coming out saying he wants to pair Bargnani with a 5 is just for show? Im trying to figure out a reason why he would say that, other than telling the public we're sticking with this guy and we are getting him help with what he lacks. Is he trying to sell Bargnani as a PF coz obviously he's not that good of a C and him playing at the PF might be intriguing for the other GMs in the league?

If they dont get a center, do you think theyd still stick with Bargnani at that spot knowing how mediocre he was playing that spot last season, and risking the chance he might regress due to the fact that he already stated that he wants to be a PF? would this be a case of better than nothing scenario?

Again, these are legit questions, not being sarcastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X