No announcement yet.

Kanter rejects Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at [10:14] ESPN guys break the news about Enes Kanter missing interviews, and sell our franchise down the water.

Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sun May 22, 2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

According to Doug Smith, Kanter cancelled an interview.

"Yes, Enes Kanter cancelled a scheduled meeting – not sure if he’s got a promise, delusions of grandeur or what but he didn’t meet with them and they still hope to either get him to Toronto or go back to Chicago where he’s working out for a little sitdown."

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...-disarray.html

Comment

if we draft this kid I am going to be really pissed off

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Especially since you completely ignored my and Quixotic's comments that basically showed you're making things up.
          I know you guys are like Batman and Robin, but I was totally involved as well. hahaha

Comment

Assumptions

.... The agent obviously feels that Toronto already has Bargnani, so don't need a center. Little do they apparently know that center is the team's biggest need and Bargnani is probably gone this summer.

But let's all jump to conclusions based on nothing but rumour and hearsay. .....
            But you're jumping to conclusions by saying or implying that:
            1. Agent believes Toronto doesn't need a Centre
            2. Bargnani is gone by the summer (with Amir done, I doubt this)
            3. Agents don't do their homework - irony being, this Agent probably has done his due diligence, and wants nothing to do with Toronto.

Apparently (and this is an assumption), even Europeans don't wanna come here. Unless you pay them beyond what they're worth, and their abilities are less than what we think they're worth (hence no one else wants them that bad).

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
              1. Bargnani is gone by the summer (with Amir done, I doubt this)

*Typo error* ..... with Amir down (as in injured).

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                I know you guys are like Batman and Robin, but I was totally involved as well. hahaha
                I know. But he didn't ignore your comment. Well, he kind of ignored it, but he did respond to it, at least. He didn't even respond to us.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I know. But he didn't ignore your comment. Well, he kind of ignored it, but he did respond to it, at least. He didn't even respond to us.
                  Hahaha Touche. I was only playin though. It's a team effort.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                    at [10:14] ESPN guys break the news about Enes Kanter missing interviews, and sell our franchise down the water.
                    Not sure where you get "selling our franchise down the river". If you listen to the whole thing, the guys talk about how it might be a good move for him to try and get into a situation that works for him. And it's obviously the agent doing all of this and not Kanter demanding to be in certain markets.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                      1. Agent believes Toronto doesn't need a Centre
                      2. Bargnani is gone by the summer (with Amir done, I doubt this)
                      3. Agents don't do their homework - irony being, this Agent probably has done his due diligence, and wants nothing to do with Toronto.

Apparently (and this is an assumption), even Europeans don't wanna come here. Unless you pay them beyond what they're worth, and their abilities are less than what we think they're worth (hence no one else wants them that bad).
                      Sorry, did you just say that I was jumping to conclusions and then try and back that up by jumping to one, yourself? Did you even notice you did that?

And, I am making an assumption, yes, but it's an assumption that makes a lot of sense. The teams he declined to interview all have starting centers. And there's a fair bit of evidence to suggest that Bargnani might be gone this summer, especially if they can draft a guy like Kanter. As for your comment about the agent doing due diligence and wanting nothing to do with Toronto, why? This sounds a lot like self pity to me. Maybe you could tell me how many free agents have signed with Washington, Cleveland or Minnesota? You think the problem of attracting good free agents is limited to Toronto? The majority of the NBA has trouble attracting free agents, especially if they aren't contenders.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Not sure where you get "selling our franchise down the river". If you listen to the whole thing, the guys talk about how it might be a good move for him to try and get into a situation that works for him. And it's obviously the agent doing all of this and not Kanter demanding to be in certain markets.
                        If Bargnani were traded I think agent and/or Enes would sing a much different tune.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Hahaha Touche. I was only playin though. It's a team effort.
                          And by the way. I'm Batman. Quixotic is my ward.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

There should be no reason what so ever for ESPN to praise noncompetitive gestures by the draftees as good moves. The rules are set up so that the teams pick the players, not so that the players pick the teams. I would of hoped for ESPN to show a bit of disappointment, which some on the panel did, considering what Kanter said earlier. Not playing up this behaviour as something positive.

There is nothing positive about denying interviews to teams that may be able to draft you. The way the draft is set up, its not for the player to decide where he fits in, its for the club.
                            Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sun May 22, 2011, 02:59 PM.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                              There should be no reason what so ever for ESPN to praise noncompetitive gestures by the draftees as good moves. The rules are set up so that the teams pick the players, not so that the players pick the teams. I would of hoped for ESPN to show a bit of disappointment, which some on the panel did, considering what Kanter said earlier. Not playing up this behaviour as something positive.

There is nothing positive about it.
                              The guy was saying it might be a good move for Kanter, because it's important for players to go to the right situation. Quite honestly, the last thing Kanters agent needs to worry about is what's good for the teams drafting. His first responsibility is to the player.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The guy was saying it might be a good move for Kanter, because it's important for players to go to the right situation. Quite honestly, the last thing Kanters agent needs to worry about is what's good for the teams drafting. His first responsibility is to the player.

Exactly. A good move for Kanter, not such a great move for the NBA or the draft process. This move only serves one interest. ( I am also not so sold on players deciding what team fits them... and get disturbed by players of any calibre trying to circumvent the draft process)

(...and the whole its his agent defence does not do anything for me; get a new agent.)
                                Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Sun May 22, 2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X