Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: knickz thinks demar is eventually going to the lakers

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    props yo lol, i tell my friends this all the time too. demar def a future lakers star
    i just take in certain things about players and i have a strong feeling demar will be a laker...didn't bosh and vince claim they loved toronto also?
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Post Thanks / Like

This is my favorite new thread. It's like Yo Gabba Gabba for adults.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    Also keep in mind, that small market teams are not all that pleased about being development organizations and want more control over their stars. I don't know what the new CBA will bring, but its very possible that it makes it even harder on players that want to bolt. Maybe the trade off will be money for control.
    The trouble with that is even IF small market teams get the ability to commit far more money to their homegrown stars, those massive salaries would necessarily become a burden in any kind of over-arching salary cap system, thus making it difficult for those teams to add supplementary pieces to their roster.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the Raptors, but we are never going to win a championship. Of course Demar is going to leave, your a retard if you think anybody is going to stay in Toronto.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    I love the Raptors, but we are never going to win a championship. Of course Demar is going to leave, your a retard if you think anybody is going to stay in Toronto.
    stop thinking so negative, the reason all our "franchise" players leave is because our coaching staff and Gm can't figure out how to put together a contending team. BC seems to know what he's doing let him continue with his rebuild and if it goes well and we get some great players from the draft and free agency. we will be one of the top tier teams like the lakers or heat.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    stop thinking so negative, the reason all our "franchise" players leave is because our coaching staff and Gm can't figure out how to put together a contending team. BC seems to know what he's doing let him continue with his rebuild and if it goes well and we get some great players from the draft and free agency. we will be one of the top tier teams like the lakers or heat.

i can actually see this happening, probably some long time later, but i have a feeling we'll hit the jackpot on a draft day like lebron without the choke?durant that averages a trip dub, or maybe a 7ft kobe bryant....u never kno

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

huh?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks should worry about Amar's Knee's buckling up in the next 3-4 years before they worry about us losing Demar (he is on rookie scale and restricted).

Though I have to say thanks for the sentiment.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote er1csh3n wrote: View Post
    i can actually see this happening, probably some long time later, but i have a feeling we'll hit the jackpot on a draft day like lebron without the choke?durant that averages a trip dub, or maybe a 7ft kobe bryant....u never kno
    2012 Draft Possibly?

Raptors Republic Rookie Donnie Brasco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    2012 Draft Possibly?
    We are far more likely to land a franchise talent in the 2012 draft, as opposed to this year. Hopefully everyone can tolerate at least one more awful season, some good luck in the lottery, and we could be back on the road to respectability sooner than later.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Raptors, but we are never going to win a championship.
    About half the teams in the league have NEVER won a championship.
    So we won't be the only ones, if what you say is true.

Of course Demar is going to leave, your a retard if you think anybody is going to stay in Toronto.
    Really? Damn.

I guess that makes me a 'retard'.

Nicely put Nick. You always did have a way of saying things in the most horribly insensitive and ignorant manner possible.

Do you only come on here to bother people Nick?
    Last edited by Joey; Mon May 23rd, 2011 at 09:23 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bron Bron ditched his hometown (not buying the akron story) after a 60 win season, Paul pierce a Cali native and Lakers fan growing up plays for the goddamn celtics, nuff said, end this foolish thread, the point is money and winning is more important, now which one takes more precedence over the other now thats a thread....

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is the difference between a normal person and retard that a normal person knows the difference between `your' and `you're'?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

and now you will say ed davis will go to boston to replace KG

Post Thanks / Like

thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thomas1 wrote: View Post
    Knicks should worry about Amar's Knee's buckling up in the next 3-4 years before they worry about us losing Demar (he is on rookie scale and restricted).

Though I have to say thanks for the sentiment.
    again, I am the biggest raptor fan ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 f the knicks

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is not out to lunch due to the idea of DeMar or Ed leaving. It's out to lunch due to the timing. CBA negotiations are on going. One of the big topics for owners is putting new controls in place to prevent "The Decision" fiasco from happening again in the future. Small market teams, which make up most of the league, want protection and they're going to get it. Book it. That said, it's only my opinion and there is potential for me to be wrong of course. This bring me to my point. We can't make grand claims that require the support of a known CBA. That's like going out and buying Chevy floor mats when you don't know if you're getting a Chevy, a Toyota, a Nissan, etc. Those Chevy floor mats are going to look pretty silly when you show up at the Toyota dealership with your down payment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information