Trading Down in the Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Down in the Draft

Matt and I and a few others posted numerous trades of potentially attaining a higher pick in this years draft but much talk around the forum seems revolve around the potential of trading down in the draft. I do not profess to support such a plan but below are a few less objectionable (if they have a chance of happening) options IMO.

What are your trade down in the draft ideas?

Trade #1
    Tor: #14 & #23
    Hou: #5
    I would add if players need to move for this either Barbosa or Bargnani for CLee and HThabeet but push picks only first.

Trade #2
    Tor: #20 pick, JFlynn
    Minny: JCalderon

Target players for the #s 14,20,23:

Marshon Brooks: SG performing very well at the workouts strong potential solid backup to DD
    Darius Morris: PG described as perhaps the best pure PG in the draft
    Jeremy Tyler: C performing very well at w/outs and a few yrs ago was projected as a top prospect at this draft before he left high school.
    Bismack Biyombo: C everyone has heard of him by now.
    Tobias Harris: SF comparisons to WChandler and TPrince. Impressing at workouts.
    Tyler Honeycutt: Wing
    Kyle Singler: SF

I would go for Morris, Brooks or Harris and either Biyombo or Tyler.

I would then keep (not preferred) or move Bargnani for pieces and/or more picks, even a high one, top 10 in this draft still.
    Last edited by Maleko; Mon May 23, 2011, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Tor: #20 & #22
      Den: JFlynn, #7 pick
      Minny: JCalderon
      Sac: RFelton
      I realise in this case not trading our pick to move down just altering trade 2 above.
      Last edited by Maleko; Mon May 23, 2011, 03:25 AM.

Comment

If some of these happen (would be interesting if we had 14,20,22,23) could gain many young assets and the team could be like:

PG: JBayless, DMorris
        SG: DDerozan, LBarbosa, MBrooks
        SF: JJ, THarris, LKleiza
        PF: ED, Amir
        C: ABargnani, BBiyombo, SAlabi.
        Salary: $42M with Barbosa as an expiring.
        Still the potential of moving Bargnani for picks/pieces perhaps get back in to top 10 this draft and get KLeonard (later go for JTyler instead of THarris) or EKanter by trading BArgnani to Sac, Utah, etc?

Comment

Working...
        X