Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011/2012 Raptors PG tandem should be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011/2012 Raptors PG tandem should be...

There have been a variety of posts discussing various PG's that the Raptors should get. From drafting Walker or Knight. To trading for Flynn, Jennings, Felton, or even Sessions.

I would like to see a Flynn/Bayless combo. I actually really like Calderon, and he makes others around him better. But since we are a team that is rebuilding, his contract is just too much of a problem for me. I like Flynn's game, and can see him improve once he moves to another team. I'm not so high on either Walker or Knight personally either.

Felton is great too, but I'd rather just keep Calderon then.

Realistically, who do you think the Raptors PG tandem should be next season?

Chris Paul/Derek Rose
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

But seriously, Knight/Flynn. It gets me all hot and bothered just thinking about it.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        There have been a variety of posts discussing various PG's that the Raptors should get. From drafting Walker or Knight. To trading for Flynn, Jennings, Felton, or even Sessions.

I would like to see a Flynn/Bayless combo. I actually really like Calderon, and he makes others around him better. But since we are a team that is rebuilding, his contract is just too much of a problem for me. I like Flynn's game, and can see him improve once he moves to another team. I'm not so high on either Walker or Knight personally either.

Felton is great too, but I'd rather just keep Calderon then.

Realistically, who do you think the Raptors PG tandem should be next season?

I like that combo too is it comes with this

His working out with Ed Davis at the moment btw
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Bayless/Calderon

Comment

Knight/Bayless
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Yeaaaa.... KNIGHT/FLYNN, trade bayless while his stock is still high for a 2012 draft pick

Comment

felton/bayless

felton=bargnani traded for him *fingers crossed*

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                  Knight/Bayless
                  +1087868686

yes this is my dream PG rotation.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    But seriously, Knight/Flynn. It gets me all hot and bothered just thinking about it.
                    That combo is making me tired (knight) and sick (flynn).

Any "realistic" combination..... does Lawson count as realistic?

Really the PG options I see around here i think are pretty terrible (Flynn, Baron, Jennings, Felton). I'd rather have Jose than any of those guys. Maybe Rubio, in which case I'd probably still like to see the team keep Jose....

If the Raps need to package the pick with Bargnani to get rid of him... then Jose/Bayless are the best choice.

Comment

Here's what they need to do get this thing back on track.

1. Draft one of Derrick Williams or Kawhi Leonard to take care of our SF issues. We will need to trade up to get Williams obviously but Leonard should be there for the taking at #5. They are both defensive minded hard nosed players with a lot of offensive upside. Williams is a more polished product at this point but Leonard is a gym rat and shows huge strides from year to year so I would be down for watching him develop and wouldn't be surprised if he ended up having a similar career to Williams. Ideally these two would have great shooting skills already developed to compensate for Derozen's lack of shooting prowess but we aren't winning anything next year anyway so I could handle waiting for that part of their games to develop over the next couple years.

2. Overpay to land a C in free agency such as Nene, Gasol, or Chandler. Let's just face facts. Until we build a winning legacy we are going to have to overpay to land free agents. Yeah, Toronto is a major market and the best city in North America but lets stop whining about it and just pony up the cash to get over this frustrating chapter of Raptors history. With an actual Center for the first time since Kevin Willis Bargnani can either switch to PF or play a 6th man of the year role which I would personally prefer. Someone once compared him to a taller Jamal Crawford and I think that's fair. He should be used as someone you put into the game, see if he's hot and up for playing a little defense. If not, back to the bench big guy. We got Amir ready to bounce in.

3. Let Bayless have a year to see what he can do. I have read and watched everything I could find on the point guards in this draft and none of them seem to have any more potential than Bayless. Bayless has a ton of potential and has never really been given the keys to an offense until the last 26 games or so of the season and he flourished. Let's also not forget that he was rated higher than Derrick Rose coming out of high school either so it's not a huge stretch to think he could develop into a top 10-15 point guard in this league and that looks to be about the ceiling that the other point guard prospects in this draft have as well.

Comment

Comment

huskyraptor wrote: View Post

yes!!!!

Comment

Is it just me or did Brandon Knight play even better when he had braids.
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

With Irving out of bounds at #5 then this Johnny Flynn rumor should take flight again as we near the draft. If they can get him at a reasonable price then they should work something for him. Him and Bayless would be a decent combo... But again, as I've mentioned many times in the past, I am not sold on Bayless... Yet. I like what I've seen at times but I would like to see more before crowning him the main reserve PG. If the Raptors were to roll with Flynn and Bayless they would need a solid vet PG here in Toronto as well. It's the reasonable thing to do. Note how I have not mentioned Calderon. If Flynn enters Calderon is finished here even if he's not involved in the trade to bring Flynn here. He's not in the future plans, he's too expense to be a reserve and he's going to earn minutes that could be better used in developing a guy like Bayless. So to recap, I like a Flynn/Bayless combo if they bring in a plan C who doesn't mind potentially sitting long periods of time in the mentor role.

Comment

Working...
                              X