Kanter DOESN'T Reject Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanter DOESN'T Reject Raptors

It's a good thing no one around here jumped to any conclusions about this...

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...h_Jazz_Raptors
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

That link I posted comes from this article from SI...
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?eref=writers

A couple of interesting quotes:

"He went 21-plus minutes on the treadmill test, and only five guys -- plus Enes -- [did that] and four of them were guards," Ergul told SI.com. "[NBA officials] said that was the first time in the draft in modern history that had happened, that no 6-11-plus guys ever finished 21-minutes-plus on the treadmill test ... People don't realize how prepared this kid is, how dedicated he is."
    From his agent:
    "Utah is coming here to Chicago, and we're going to go to Minnesota in the second half of June," Ergul said. "Toronto is coming here. Cleveland (Nos. 1 and 4 picks), we're trying to discussing logistics of dates and stuff."
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'm glad that's put to rest. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get him at 5. Interesting couple of weeks ahead for Colangelo.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Ex raptor Hedo talking about maybe new raptor Enes Kanter
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

rather have knight,valanciunas or biyombo so might as well let him slip to washington if he isn't drafted top 3

Comment

After getting news that he only delayed his meeting with Utah, I had a feeling he was doing the same with Toronto.

Well done Tim. Now for those of us who didn't completely turn on this guy, here's hoping Valanciunas gets picked before Kanter.
            Aldridge seems to think its a possibility.

Although, ESPN should ease off their Fox News style reporting; where everything is either the Greatest thing since the Last Greatest things, or it's the END OF THE WORLD. It's getting old.

Comment

Kanter's people are on damage control, they know they fucked up. W/e who cares about Kanter anyways hes going 4th overall.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

all you guys who want jonas over kanter are insane
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  all you guys who want jonas over kanter are insane
                  Shhhhh! Don't tell Cleveland.

Comment

HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
                    rather have knight,valanciunas or biyombo so might as well let him slip to washington if he isn't drafted top 3
                    Why would you rather have Biyombo or Valanciunas? I'm just curious.

Comment

Any bad publicity is good for us... all the guy has gotten so far is positive hype, it has done nothing but make him climb.

Personally I hope his agent pisses off more clubs. The more they act like Kanter is a sure thing the bigger a chance he will slide.
                      Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Tue May 24, 2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

HuskyRaptor wrote: View Post
                        Yes. Who the hell wants a 6'11, 260 lb center with excellent agility, the most polished low post skills of just about any big man in the lottery and the strength and toughness to do damage down there? I'd rather draft a PG with few actual PG skills, a raw, offensively challenged big man who fouls every 5 minutes he's on the floor or an undersized center no one heard of 3 months ago.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Kanter is a straight up beast, but he rather be a backup to McGee than take Bargnani or maybe even Hollins job.
                          Thats how I see it.
                          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Yes. Who the hell wants a 6'11, 260 lb center with excellent agility, the most polished low post skills of just about any big man in the lottery and the strength and toughness to do damage down there? I'd rather draft a PG with few actual PG skills, a raw, offensively challenged big man who fouls every 5 minutes he's on the floor or an undersized center no one heard of 3 months ago.
                            lol

Comment

I already feel really sorry for the guys that are going to face him in summer league. (assuming there is one)

It is my opinion he will dominate the crap out of summer leagues, rookie camps and even combines. What I am curious about is how he will fare against the big boys. That is the question that has not been fully answered for me. You can say the same thing about the other prospects, but I have this feeling that Kanter's game relies more on overpowering his opponent than out finessing him.

On the level he is at, size and heart are devastating. On the NBA level, you need to add an extra heaping dose of talent. Kanter seems to have both, but his athletic ability is far from being in a league of his own. The other prospects can very well get bigger, and find heart, develop a better understanding of the game.

This is not to say Kanter will not do his share of improving, he will, I just wonder what he has left to improve on and if the % improvement is going to be as large as a lot of these kids that never saw the pro game.

Has Kanter's tool set been optimized at this level, the kid utilizing a lot of his capacity to the fullest much earlier than most? Or is there more room to make Kanter better than he is? Is this a guy that has already tapped out his levels, to show the dominance that he is showing?
                              Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Tue May 24, 2011, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X