No announcement yet.

Kanter DOESN'T Reject Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nikola Vucevic is a straight up beast, he was just as good as Kanter if not better at the Combine, but you don't hear anyone praising him like hes a god or something. Hes the kinda player that will slip to the Spurs or Lakers and GMs will be shitting bricks when their teams have to face this dude.
    I'm not against Kanter, but I hate his submissiveness towards his agent. Hes gonna be a tool for years to come.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I think that is a good point. You can easily see by the body types of a Nikola Vucevic and JV that these guys will gain weight and size, when they do, their skills become that much deadlier.

Will Kanter gain more size? Is he tapped, does his dominance come from a player that has already pushed himself as far as he can go?

(Take Battier, great player, a coach may think looking at Battier that he can make him better, he probably misses the fact that the kid was already using every trick in the book to achieve the success that he did, and to make him better, you can only rely on improving his strength and speed. Which at this level, is a very minuscule improvement year to year and far from a bonanza.)
      Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Tue May 24, 2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

some real cerebral posting going on in here
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
          Kanter is a straight up beast, but he rather be a backup to McGee than take Bargnani or maybe even Hollins job.
          Thats how I see it.
          I don't think he'd backup either McGee or Bargnani. I think he'd take both their jobs. McGee is a freakishly athletic center with a very low basketball IQ and low maturity level. Bargnani, well, we know about Bargnani.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Nikola Vucevic is a straight up beast, he was just as good as Kanter if not better at the Combine, but you don't hear anyone praising him like hes a god or something. Hes the kinda player that will slip to the Spurs or Lakers and GMs will be shitting bricks when their teams have to face this dude.
            I'm not against Kanter, but I hate his submissiveness towards his agent. Hes gonna be a tool for years to come.
            Wow. You're judging the guy with such little information. You just seem determined not to like him, for some reason.

As for Nikola Vucevic, he's a big guy, but he's not nearly as quick or mobile as Kanter, and he doesn't appear to be as strong, despite the extra weight. He seems pretty skilled, but he doesn't have nearly the upside Kanter does.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Wow. You're judging the guy with such little information. You just seem determined not to like him, for some reason.

As for Nikola Vucevic, he's a big guy, but he's not nearly as quick or mobile as Kanter, and he doesn't appear to be as strong, despite the extra weight. He seems pretty skilled, but he doesn't have nearly the upside Kanter does.
              Nikola on a playoff team > Kanter on a lottery team.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Nikola on a playoff team > Kanter on a lottery team.
                I don't even know what that means. Kanter seems to be clearly the better player, from what I've seen from both of them. If Kanter was drafted to a playoff team and Vucevic to a lottery team then would Kanter then be better. Again, you seem to be reaching trying to justify your dislike of Kanter.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Nikola Vucevic seems like a nice late first round choice. I read a great article a couple months back about him and his father. His father was a good baller in Europe. He'll be a good second generation pro based on what I read about his work ethic, his ambitions and his upbringing.

Comment

A center i havent really heard mentioned is Greg Smith. Dude is a physical player who i think would fit in really well. Massive paws, too.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Still don't really want him

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        I don't even know what that means. Kanter seems to be clearly the better player, from what I've seen from both of them.
                        But what have you seen? What have any of us actually seen? In Kanter's case all the general public has viewed are highlights from one all-star game and some high school games. Yes, his U19 numbers were good but did any of us intently watch the U19 worlds? I doubt it.

Just as those who are hammering all these players need to tone down the stupid 'he's a stiff' rhetoric, people that are touting these guys need to be a little more humble when raving about guys they have never seen play.

Comment

Does anyone see Kanter being similar to Cole Aldrich? What happened to that guy because I remember a lot of RR members were pretty high on him... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4trsJcFNkw

Comment

For all the posturing and hoo-hawing, I still think Kanter will end up in Toronto, so long as Derrick Williams is drafted second. Basically because I see it like this: Utah will want to draft Brandon Knight. Its makes too much sense as he's perfect for their team. Cleveland won't draft Knight at 4, particularly if they draft Irving at 1.

So there will be a situation where Utah wants a player that will definitely be available when the Raps draft if they were to pass on him. So, the smart and gangster GM that BC is, he's going to call up the Jazz during the draft and be like, "Yo. This is B-Dot over in T-Dot. I've got this draft pick at 5, see, and you've got a pick at 3. Let's swap those motherf***ers. This way, you'll get who you want at a cheaper price. I'll even send you some mad bills if you want."

If Utah wants Knight it actually makes no sense for them NOT to swap picks with the Raps, as doing so will save them millions over the course of the rookie contract and beyond. Ergo, the Raps - via Utah - will end up with Enes Kanter.

Comment

jk1m wrote: View Post
                              Does anyone see Kanter being similar to Cole Aldrich? What happened to that guy because I remember a lot of RR members were pretty high on him... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4trsJcFNkw
                              not the same player at all.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Imagine Colangelo actually referring to himself as "B-Dot" on the phone with another GM
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X