Kanter DOESN'T Reject Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    So there will be a situation where Utah wants a player that will definitely be available when the Raps draft if they were to pass on him. So, the smart and gangster GM that BC is, he's going to call up the Jazz during the draft and be like, "Yo. This is B-Dot over in T-Dot. I've got this draft pick at 5, see, and you've got a pick at 3. Let's swap those motherf***ers. This way, you'll get who you want at a cheaper price. I'll even send you some mad bills if you want."
    I could see it going down like this; verbatim.

And I have heard from mulitiple sources that Utah does in fact like BKnight ... but what about Devin Harris? Where does he come in?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Imagine Colangelo actually referring to himself as "B-Dot" on the phone with another GM
      I can, and am, with David Khan being the GM on the other end. The conversation I'm picturing basically goes as follows,

*Phone rings*
      BC: "Yo. This is B-Dot. Who dis?"
      Kahn: "KAAAAAAAAAHNNNNNNN!"

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

And I have heard from mulitiple sources that Utah does in fact like BKnight ... but what about Devin Harris? Where does he come in?
        He is 28 and injury prone. Check his games played over his career - yikes. Harris will be good to have as an insurance policy with Knight and if Knight excels, Utah can trade him as teams are always looking for PG's.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          But what have you seen? What have any of us actually seen? In Kanter's case all the general public has viewed are highlights from one all-star game and some high school games. Yes, his U19 numbers were good but did any of us intently watch the U19 worlds? I doubt it.

Just as those who are hammering all these players need to tone down the stupid 'he's a stiff' rhetoric, people that are touting these guys need to be a little more humble when raving about guys they have never seen play.
          I've seen the Hoops Summit game, most of one European game and lot of clips of him in other games (a high school game, various European games and a spring league game). That and the scouting reports I've read give me a fairly decent view of whether he can play or not. I've never said that Kanter WILL be a great player, but it's my opinion that he's the third best player in this draft. With players who've never played in the NBA before, it's almost always a guessing game, but I feel I have enough information to be able to trust my opinion as much as I would for many other players.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I can, and am, with David Khan being the GM on the other end. The conversation I'm picturing basically goes as follows,

*Phone rings*
            BC: "Yo. This is B-Dot. Who dis?"
            Kahn: "KAAAAAAAAAHNNNNNNN!"
            Ha.... That is funny sh!t.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Knight can play off the ball at the 2 (which fills a hole for the Jazz), as well as backup Harris at the 1. Devin Harris is already 28. In 2 years time Knight should have developed enough to be the uncontroversial starter. As it goes, Harris will be 30 by then, and his contract will be expiring. Basically a perfect situation for Knight and the Jazz.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                But what have you seen? What have any of us actually seen? In Kanter's case all the general public has viewed are highlights from one all-star game and some high school games. Yes, his U19 numbers were good but did any of us intently watch the U19 worlds? I doubt it.

Just as those who are hammering all these players need to tone down the stupid 'he's a stiff' rhetoric, people that are touting these guys need to be a little more humble when raving about guys they have never seen play.
                Though I don't disagree with what you are saying, very few people on here have actually gone so far as to 'tout' Kanter as being anything more than he is. A Big, Skilled, Athletic kid, who knows how to use his body. Nothing in there is incorrect, or based on hear-say.

From what I've been hearing, the people that DO like him, are mostly just saying, "He's going to be good." Not sure I've ever heard anyone dub him an All-star, or the Future 'so-and-so'.
                But on the flip side, I've heard some VERY Ridiculously negative things that have been said about him; most of which is solely based around the fact that he's from Turkey, or that he supposedly 'Snubbed Us'.
                Most people on here probably didn't even watch what Kemba did in the Tournament.

So I do agree that perhaps people should be a little more reserved with their declaration of "a Sure Thing"; I've heard far less of that, then I have "He's from Turkey and can't play above the rim."

Comment

jk1m wrote: View Post
                  Does anyone see Kanter being similar to Cole Aldrich? What happened to that guy because I remember a lot of RR members were pretty high on him... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4trsJcFNkw
                  Aldrich and Kanter are VERY different players. Aldrich is a lot more mechanical, not nearly as athletic and had very little offensive game. Aldrich's biggest strength is his defense. Kanter, while not explosive, has the mobility of a PF and is great at running the floor. He's a lot more smooth and fluid. And he's probably better offensive now than Aldrich was when he was drafted.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

For all the posturing and hoo-hawing, I still think Kanter will end up in Toronto, so long as Derrick Williams is drafted second. Basically because I see it like this: Utah will want to draft Brandon Knight. Its makes too much sense as he's perfect for their team. Cleveland won't draft Knight at 4, particularly if they draft Irving at 1.

So there will be a situation where Utah wants a player that will definitely be available when the Raps draft if they were to pass on him. So, the smart and gangster GM that BC is, he's going to call up the Jazz during the draft and be like, "Yo. This is B-Dot over in T-Dot. I've got this draft pick at 5, see, and you've got a pick at 3. Let's swap those motherf***ers. This way, you'll get who you want at a cheaper price. I'll even send you some mad bills if you want."

If Utah wants Knight it actually makes no sense for them NOT to swap picks with the Raps, as doing so will save them millions over the course of the rookie contract and beyond. Ergo, the Raps - via Utah - will end up with Enes Kanter.
                    That's true. I hadn't thought about the financial savings Utah will get by trading down. Especially since they're a lottery team with a high payroll. If they feel Knight and Kanter are at about the same level, it just makes more sense for them to take Knight.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If..

Kanter comes to us and Bargs is traded, then sign me up for season tickets!
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Forget Utah, Cleveland is the biggest threat to land Kanter with their 4th pick. BC must move up, or we can only hope he falls in our hands, which is still a total possibility.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          [If..]Kanter comes to us and Bargs is traded, then sign me up for season tickets!
                          Trade Andrea Bargnani, Amir Johnson and James Johnson to Atlanta for Josh Smith and Marvin Williams.

Marvin Williams for Bosh TPE
                          J.Johnson for Childress TPE
                          Bargnani and Johnson for Smith

TOR
                          Bayless/Calderon
                          Derozan/Barbosa
                          Smith/Williams
                          Davis/Smith/Dorsey
                          Kanter/Davis/Alabi

ATL
                          Teague/Hinrich
                          Johnson/Crawford
                          Johnson/Johnson
                          Horford/Johnson
                          Bargnani/Horford/Pachulia

Comment

Tank wrote: View Post
                            Forget Utah, Cleveland is the biggest threat to land Kanter with their 4th pick. BC must move up, or we can only hope he falls in our hands, which is still a total possibility.
                            I don't think you understand...the whole point of trading with Utah was specifically to move up and bypass CLE's 4th pick...

Comment

I don't think you understand...the whole point of trading with Utah was specifically to move up and bypass CLE's 4th pick...
                              I do understand, and I think we have a much better chance of trading with Minnesota than we do with Utah. Cleveland has even been open to trading their 4th pick, with reports saying they offered it to Memphis for Gay, but they declined. I said the biggest threat to land Kanter was Cleveland, and I stand by that notion.

Comment

looks like it's shaping up to be

1. Irving
                                2. Williams
                                3. Kanter/PG (one of Knight/Walker)
                                4. Kanter if Utah goes for a PG
                                5. Dunno

Interesting point mentioned about Utah and their potential to save money if they were drafting a PG, which would almost certainly be available at the 5 if Toronto were to pick or trade for Kanter at 3. If that's the case, then I bet we'll see a draft day trade between Utah and Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X