No announcement yet.

Kanter DOESN'T Reject Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howard with 7??? Well he should be out of the league. I think I am over reacting with this bench thing, but what the hell... these guys are are such pussies with weights. No wonder basketball fights always look so funny.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
      Regardless of how Kanter does in the NBA, I have to say he did an amazing job of staying in tip-top shape despite not playing competitively for so long. That treadmill test where he lasted as long as only 3 (IIRC) others, all guards, was quite impressive.
      I found the staying in shape impressive. It is rare to see that even from a vet. It speaks a lot to his maturity and drive.

Comment

^^^

you're definitely over reacting on the bench thing. laying down on a bench and pushing the weight up isn't a good way to measure strength, especially for sports. squats and deadlifts are total body exercises that translate directly to competitive strength in football, basketball, hockey etc.

think of it this way: which exercise will help one establish position down low or out muscle a guy for a rebound? benching? or deadlifting?

Comment

I agree, but I still am a little shocked at the results considering they are scholastic athletes.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
            I agree, but I still am a little shocked at the results considering they are scholastic athletes.
            They are still young men who just left adolescence. Training can only take you so far - genetics combined with natural growth and development plays a major factor.

I look at myself in high school compared to high school and very, very early university. It took all I could do to dunk off two feet - no step. Now I'm 14/15 years older and not nearly in game shape as I was at that time but I can dunk off two feet with no step easier now than I ever could then. If only I could play 40 minutes at a high level..... I guess that is the trade off, lol.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              They are still young men who just left adolescence. Training can only take you so far - genetics combined with natural growth and development plays a major factor.

I look at myself in high school compared to high school and very, very early university. It took all I could do to dunk off two feet - no step. Now I'm 14/15 years older and not nearly in game shape as I was at that time but I can dunk off two feet with no step easier now than I ever could then. If only I could play 40 minutes at a high level..... I guess that is the trade off, lol.
              You just dated yourself. Teehee~

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                You just dated yourself. Teehee~
                Yeah, the early 30's have been brutal for phyiscal conditioning and ability - adding a child has not helped.

Comment

How tall are you? You can dunk? Can we draft you to play center?
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Kanter has meetings/interviews/workouts scheduled with four teams. He will begin by meeting with the Utah Jazz on Friday in Chicago. He will then meet with the Toronto Raptors in Chicago on June 6. The very next day, on June 7, Kanter will travel to Cleveland to meet with the Cavaliers. Finally, on June 16, he will travel to Minnesota to meet with the Timberwolves.

A workout has not yet been set up with the Washington Wizards, who draft below all of those teams at No. 6, but it is not out of the question. After all, Kanter did state that he would prefer to play for the Wizards if he had a choice. However, he would also prefer to be drafted as high as possible - as long as it is the right fit - and the Timberwolves, Jazz, Cavaliers and Raptors are all drafting before the Wizards (unless of course there is a trade).
                    http://thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=735

Comment

Here's to hoping he chokes in Utah, Minnesota and Cleveland!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        How tall are you? You can dunk? Can we draft you to play center?
                        I'm in the Chuck Hayes or +1 inch side of things. My arms are nearly as long. I'll play for the vet minimum if need be.

Comment

I've gotten pretty good at reacting to dunks. It's all in the initial watching posture, you just wait till the ball gets stuffed, and than you get up and pump your fist and say things like "Bam", "Yah", "All day...", you can even use the opponents name in an ownage context. Just lots of ways to do it man, when you get good.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Here's to hoping he chokes in Utah, Minnesota and Cleveland!
                            I hope he chokes on Dan Gilbert's...
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                            X