Draft Profile: Jonas Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    Why wouldn't Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, Alec Burks, Kawhi Leonard, and Reggie Jackson go to the combine and let teams watch them work out? I'm surprised so many top rated players didn't go.
    I looked around and got my answer:

Few players ever skip athletic testing; even LeBron James, Cleveland's last no-brainer No. 1 pick, participated. Top prospects do skip the drill portion of the combine with some regularity, and Irving won't be alone on the sidelines for that, as Ford has reported Arizona forward Derrick Williams, UConn guard Kemba Walker and Kentucky guard Brandon Knight are among those passing on an opportunity to do the drills.
    SBNation
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...s-and-analysis

I am weary of B/R but unless they are making up quotes, this one looks legit.
      I read that quote elsewhere, too. I like where Colangelo's head seems to be for this draft.

On a sidenote, the article you read actually grabbed the quote from swishscout.com, and in their early mock draft, Derrick Williams drops to 5th. I'm leery of whether Williams can defend the 3, but that would be a steal.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        PGs like Austin Rivers and Myck Kabongo might end up being two of the best players in the draft next year.
        Wut? Rivers isn't a PG.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
          Wut? Rivers isn't a PG.
          Oops. For some reason I was thinking he was a PG. Maybe because of his father.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
            Wut? Rivers isn't a PG.
            He's a combo guard..depends on what sites you consult. Some have him as a PG, some have him as SG, some have him as a PG/SG.

Comment

Does anyone know if Jonas is going to be visiting any teams or doing any workouts?
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                What does how many ppg they scored have to do with how good they are?
                thats all westbrook and durant do...

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  He's a combo guard..depends on what sites you consult. Some have him as a PG, some have him as SG, some have him as a PG/SG.
                  i'd take kabongo over Rivers. Not only cause he's from toronto, but because he's a true PG and the fans will love him the minute he steps on the floor.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                    Does anyone know if Jonas is going to be visiting any teams or doing any workouts?
                    They'll have a chance to see him at the EuroCamp.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...--Roster-3702/

*EDIT* Although he isn't listed - sorry about that. But if he does declare (June 13th is pull out for international players) I imagine he'll be there.
                    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu May 19, 2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                      i'd take kabongo over Rivers. Not only cause he's from toronto, but because he's a true PG and the fans will love him the minute he steps on the floor.
                      How does my point have anything to do with Kabongo? As for who I'd take, I'd reserve my judgment until after the next collegiate season.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        How does my point have anything to do with Kabongo? As for who I'd take, I'd reserve my judgment until after the next collegiate season.
                        it doesn't i'm just saying.

Comment

• raptors_ wrote: View Post
                          westbrook averaged in his second year: 16.1 ppg
                          derozan averaged: 17.2

you can't compare ed cause he barley played. And durant is in a whole different league.
                          lol. *shakes my head*

Comment

thats all westbrook and durant do...
                            You need to watch them a little more if you think that. Maybe take a look at game 7 against Memphis.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              You need to watch them a little more if you think that. Maybe take a look at game 7 against Memphis.
                              ok well mostly. Westbrook is all around but durant is mainly a scorer. But we shut em down this season, It was JJ's Shutdown D on durant

Comment

ok well mostly. Westbrook is all around but durant is mainly a scorer. But we shut em down this season, It was JJ's Shutdown D on durant
                                Durant is mainly a scorer, but he's also a good defender, a pretty good rebounder for a small forward and a decent passer.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X