Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Profile: Jonas Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    bro I seen one of his where he had alabi going in the 20's
    A lot of people had Alabi going in the 20s. That's one of the reasons why the Raptors felt they got such a steal. He fell due to having hepatitis B.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    A lot of people had Alabi going in the 20s. That's one of the reasons why the Raptors felt they got such a steal. He fell due to having hepatitis B.
    He should have fallen further because he sucks.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Post Thanks / Like

He's not younger both are '92 and Biyombo's age has been questioned. Jonas is a true Center, has great euroleague experience compared to Biyombo (who plays for a middle of the pack Spanish team) and he's with 18 y.o. the best rebounder per 40 minutes in the Euroleague.

Biyombo has some attention because of his wingspan and block ability but his wingspan is just an inch longer than Jonas and he has not size to play the post. Plus we know he's blocking ability has to develope to succed in the NBA. Jonas is the best prospect at Center and the best international prospect. He has the higher celling of all the candidates

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be happy with Val, he's a high potential pick with massive upside. He is one of the only guys in the draft that has the potential to be the best player in the draft and become a franchise guy. To me it really depends if he is for sure coming over. If he is then he may be the best pick at 5, if he isn't I'd pass and take another high risk guy like Walker or Biyombo. At this spot we are almost guaranteed to either take a big project or get a guy with some pretty big question marks so a legit 7 foot guy with a high motor sounds pretty good.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You really can't go wrong with Jonas at #5. He might be a project but with a huge reward at the end.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i rather have kanter than Jonas Valanciunas........at least kanter have an nba ready body, great foot work, and more offensive weapons then jonas

Jonas.... he is pretty quick against other centers but he sometimes fumbles the ball...very raw offensively........

Hope Kanter dropped down to 5..........

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kanter wont fall down to the 5th, hes gonna be taken 4th by the Cavs, Brandon Knight will go 3rd to Jazz, this 5th pick is worthless.

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we are actually in a good place with the 5th. I prefer the 1st, 2nd, but i think this draft works to our weaknesses. It's loaded with C's, pg's and SF's. We won't be forced to take the best available PF or the best available SG. We are good at those two positions. I'm hoping for Knight or Walker. If we could trade for a 8th or 9th to pick up Leonard, I would be ecstatic!
    Last edited by saints91; Wed May 18th, 2011 at 09:23 AM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Kanter wont fall down to the 5th, hes gonna be taken 4th by the Cavs, Brandon Knight will go 3rd to Jazz, this 5th pick is worthless.
    Not necessarily:

Alex Kennedy: The Cavaliers really like Kawhi Leonard. I wouldn't be surprised to see them draft Kyrie Irving and Leonard. Twitter
    There will be so much rumour and speculation between now and the draft. Buckle up.

Post Thanks / Like

i could totally see the cavs passing on kanter. they have hickson and varawhatever. that's a pretty decent front court in itself. if im them i definitely take irving first and then a wing like Leonard or Burks with the 4th.

not sure i buy the jazz taking knight over kanter, though.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Actually Kanter could slip. I see Irving, then Williams, the Jazz have Jefferson and Okur. I don't see them taking a big man. Sadly I could see Knight going to the Jazz. Unless we can work a trade to pick up the 3rd.

I think Cleveland picks Kanter... they have nothing to lose with 2 top picks.

Post Thanks / Like

That being said... could Jefferson be available from the Jazz? They lessen pay role and pick Kanter. Their second pick could be Fredette. I guess it's wide open.

I don't think we have the pieces to pull off a Jefferson trade. It would be awesome though!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't see Minny taking Williams over Kanter. They're pretty set at the swing position. Kanter and Love is undersized, but they battle. It's funny, Williams' best case scenario is David West/Michael Beasley. Considering they already have a Beasley, why would they need to take Williams? Williams could be the one that drops.

Post Thanks / Like

williams wouldn't make it past utah i don't think
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

also you can write fredette to the jazz with their second 1st in stone. in stone.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    That being said... could Jefferson be available from the Jazz? They lessen pay role and pick Kanter. Their second pick could be Fredette. I guess it's wide open.

I don't think we have the pieces to pull off a Jefferson trade. It would be awesome though!
    I could possibly fathom Cleveland going after him by using the TPE to acquire him and switching spots with the Jazz in the draft - Utah's #3 pick and Jefferson for Cleveland's #4 pick and the TPE. Although mind you, it's a small fathom.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with Fredette and the Jazz. It's their type of player... if not them then the Pacers for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think their cap situation is that dire. I would imagine they would want a lights out SG for Jefferson, or a decent SG and PG.

Those are their only weaknesses. They have Milsap, Favors, Okur, Haywood, and maybe Kanter. Their front court is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I don't think their cap situation is that dire. I would imagine they would want a lights out SG for Jefferson, or a decent SG and PG.

Those are their only weaknesses. They have Milsap, Favors, Okur, Haywood, and maybe Kanter. Their front court is good.
    Milsap, Favors, Okur and Jefferson tie up like 35 million plus. I'm sure if they could get rid of Jefferson, they would.

Post Thanks / Like

okay here is a crazy trade...

Bargs and our first rounder next year for Jefferson. I doubt they would do it, but would be cool.

We would draft Knight

Jefferson
    Davis
    ????
    DeMar
    Knight

looks good, but highly unlikey

Thread Information