Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 146

Thread: Draft Profile: Jonas Valanciunas

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    DD and ED, as much as I love them on the Raptors, are nowhere near the talent of Westbrook and Durant. I am not comparing those players at this stage in their careers, I am comparing Westbrook and Durant when they were heading in to their 2nd and 3rd years.
    Westbrook averaged in his second year: 16.1 PPG
    Derozan Averaged: 17.2

    You can't compare Ed cause he barley played. And Durant is in a whole different league.

  2. #82
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    Westbrook averaged in his second year: 16.1 PPG
    Derozan Averaged: 17.2

    You can't compare Ed cause he barley played. And Durant is in a whole different league.
    What does how many ppg they scored have to do with how good they are?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  3. #83
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Watch out, Kanter will win rookie of the year, and he will be drafted 4th overall by Cavs. We need to trade up to get Minnesota's pick or we are doomed.

  4. #84
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kanter will play 30 games and his knee will asplode

  5. #85
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    Westbrook averaged in his second year: 16.1 PPG
    Derozan Averaged: 17.2

    You can't compare Ed cause he barley played. And Durant is in a whole different league.
    Ignoring the fact PPG means very little to a player's total worth and value, the fact Durant is in a whole different league is the point. The Raptors have nothing close to a franchise talent let alone a perrenial all-star.

  6. #86
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    For a team as bad as the Raptors selecting the best player available makes a lot of sense. However there have been mixed feelings as to who that would be, but should the Raptors stay away from a SF since the '12 draft seems to have an abundance of them?

    The Raptors will most likely have another high pick in '12 (and hopefully another one if BC can swing a deal). Should the Raptors be mindful of what position they might go after in '12 and select a different position in this years draft? I like the idea of Leonard but if we get Barnes/McAdoo/Jones/Miller next year then would that be a waste of a pick? So even though I like Leonard and if Kanter is off the table, should the Raptors select someone like Knight/Walker or Valanciunas/Biyombo just because there aren't as many PG/Centers in next years draft? I'm thinking that it might be a smart decision.

  7. #87
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Raptors at the Draft Combine, May 18-22

    Toronto Raptors GM Brian Colangelo on their fifth pick in the Draft: “not looking for instant gratification.” Jonas Valanciunas is our projected pick for the Raptors currently in our lottery mock draft.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...s-and-analysis

    I am weary of B/R but unless they are making up quotes, this one looks legit.

  8. #88
    Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    on top of Jenna Jameson
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why wouldn't Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, Alec Burks, Kawhi Leonard, and Reggie Jackson go to the combine and let teams watch them work out? I'm surprised so many top rated players didn't go.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

  9. #89
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    Why wouldn't Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, Alec Burks, Kawhi Leonard, and Reggie Jackson go to the combine and let teams watch them work out? I'm surprised so many top rated players didn't go.
    I guess nothing to gain and everything to lose.

  10. #90
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    For a team as bad as the Raptors selecting the best player available makes a lot of sense. However there have been mixed feelings as to who that would be, but should the Raptors stay away from a SF since the '12 draft seems to have an abundance of them?

    The Raptors will most likely have another high pick in '12 (and hopefully another one if BC can swing a deal). Should the Raptors be mindful of what position they might go after in '12 and select a different position in this years draft? I like the idea of Leonard but if we get Barnes/McAdoo/Jones/Miller next year then would that be a waste of a pick? So even though I like Leonard and if Kanter is off the table, should the Raptors select someone like Knight/Walker or Valanciunas/Biyombo just because there aren't as many PG/Centers in next years draft? I'm thinking that it might be a smart decision.
    It's nice to think about next year's draft, but you simply have no idea where you are going to draft and who will be the best player at that point. PGs like Austin Rivers and Myck Kabongo might end up being two of the best players in the draft next year. Patric Young might grow a couple of inches and become the next Dwight Howard. WHat matters most is getting the most bang for your buck, and that means drafting the best player, whatever position that might be. If they need to be moved later on, then so be it. Remember that Oklahoma essentially drafted Jeff Green (technically Boston did) even though they had just draft Kevin Durant. They later turned Green into Kendrick Perkins. And now they're in the Western Conference Finals.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  11. #91
    Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    on top of Jenna Jameson
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    Why wouldn't Kyrie Irving, Brandon Knight, Kemba Walker, Alec Burks, Kawhi Leonard, and Reggie Jackson go to the combine and let teams watch them work out? I'm surprised so many top rated players didn't go.
    I looked around and got my answer:

    Few players ever skip athletic testing; even LeBron James, Cleveland's last no-brainer No. 1 pick, participated. Top prospects do skip the drill portion of the combine with some regularity, and Irving won't be alone on the sidelines for that, as Ford has reported Arizona forward Derrick Williams, UConn guard Kemba Walker and Kentucky guard Brandon Knight are among those passing on an opportunity to do the drills.
    SBNation
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

  12. #92
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...s-and-analysis

    I am weary of B/R but unless they are making up quotes, this one looks legit.
    I read that quote elsewhere, too. I like where Colangelo's head seems to be for this draft.

    On a sidenote, the article you read actually grabbed the quote from swishscout.com, and in their early mock draft, Derrick Williams drops to 5th. I'm leery of whether Williams can defend the 3, but that would be a steal.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  13. #93
    Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    PGs like Austin Rivers and Myck Kabongo might end up being two of the best players in the draft next year.
    Wut? Rivers isn't a PG.

  14. #94
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    Wut? Rivers isn't a PG.
    Oops. For some reason I was thinking he was a PG. Maybe because of his father.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  15. #95
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    Wut? Rivers isn't a PG.
    He's a combo guard..depends on what sites you consult. Some have him as a PG, some have him as SG, some have him as a PG/SG.

  16. #96
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does anyone know if Jonas is going to be visiting any teams or doing any workouts?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  17. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    What does how many ppg they scored have to do with how good they are?
    thats all westbrook and durant do...

  18. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    He's a combo guard..depends on what sites you consult. Some have him as a PG, some have him as SG, some have him as a PG/SG.
    i'd take kabongo over Rivers. Not only cause he's from toronto, but because he's a true PG and the fans will love him the minute he steps on the floor.

  19. #99
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Does anyone know if Jonas is going to be visiting any teams or doing any workouts?
    They'll have a chance to see him at the EuroCamp.

    http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...--Roster-3702/

    *EDIT* Although he isn't listed - sorry about that. But if he does declare (June 13th is pull out for international players) I imagine he'll be there.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu May 19th, 2011 at 06:02 PM.

  20. #100
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    i'd take kabongo over Rivers. Not only cause he's from toronto, but because he's a true PG and the fans will love him the minute he steps on the floor.
    How does my point have anything to do with Kabongo? As for who I'd take, I'd reserve my judgment until after the next collegiate season.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •