Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draft Profile: Brandon Knight - - Raptors Likely To Take Him If He's Available?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Draft Profile: Brandon Knight - - Raptors Likely To Take Him If He's Available?

Post Thanks / Like

Default If Knight is on the board at #5 the Raptors will likely take him.

NBA execs seem to be leaning toward Brandon Knight over Kemba Walker when asked which point guard they prefer. I spoke to dozens of scouts and executives over the weekend and the majority of them had Knight ranked slightly higher because of his size, shooting ability and upside. Neither player worked out in the drills on Thursday or Friday. NBA teams liked Walker's personality in interviews. "He's charismatic," one GM said. "I think he could emerge as a leader in the locker room." Walker measured a little bigger than expected (6-1 in shoes) which should help his stock, too.

Teams said Knight was considerably more reserved than Walker, but they came away impressed with his maturity. The Jazz should be the first team on the board to give them a look. The Raptors, Kings and Bobcats are also in the mix. If the Jazz pick a point guard, I think Knight is slightly ahead on their board. Sources said if Knight slips to No. 5, the Raptors are likely to snag him there and there's no way he slides past the Kings at No. 7, I'm told. Walker's stock is still a bit more fluid. He'll get a look at Utah, Toronto and Sacramento, but I'm told none of those teams are all the way on board with him yet.
    Source: HoopsWorld.com

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yet Hoopsworld has Brandon Knight going 9th in their most recent mock draft.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I should have mentioned after the quote that this is coming from Chad Ford's Insider column. I'm not an insider so I grabbed the reference from HW news wire.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Yet Hoopsworld has Brandon Knight going 9th in their most recent mock draft.
    Seems they have moved him up to #6 (Walker is 5 & Kanter is 12!!)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/the_draft/index.asp

Correction: I was referring to their top 25 players
    Last edited by Bendit; Tue May 24th, 2011 at 06:19 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Knight is a calm guy but when he get enthusiastic watch out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Seems they have moved him up to #6 (Walker is 5 & Kanter is 12!!)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/the_draft/index.asp

Correction: I was referring to their top 25 players
    Wow. Can't say I agree with their player rankings. Biyombo as the third best player? They liked his domination of the Hoops Summit but not Kanter's, the year before? And they have Nikola Mirotic at 7 when he's not even eligible.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandon knight please

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Kemba or knight and i'm happy.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Knight, and can see he and DeMar being a lethal combo in the backcourt.

It may be totally false, but the rumours being discussed about the Raps pursuing Rudy Gay - that changes my view of our #5 pick. Rudy brings the scoring that then turns our need to some rebounding and size as a priority (or a player like Kemba who may have a lower ceiling, but has a more predictable skillset and future in the NBA - could be a leader/distributor).

If there is no Rudy deal, then I remain onboard for Knight as the top choice
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

if anything it makes me want knight more for his defensive prowess.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    if anything it makes me want knight more for his defensive prowess.
    If the trade does happen, don't you think the Raptors need SOMEONE who can pass the ball? Knight hasn't shown much of an inclination for that.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

He played for Calipari. His PG play doesn't involve creating.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I guarantee you 5 years from now he'll be the best PG of the class
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

He played for Calipari. His PG play doesn't involve creating.
    So how do you know he can do that? Both Derrick Rose and John Wall had VERY respectable assist numbers. It seems to me that this guy would be a great SG, but there is no evidence whatsoever, that I have seen, that he can be a PG. Maybe he can, but I'd like to see some before I draft him at 5.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I guarantee you 5 years from now he'll be the best PG of the class
    You think he's going to be better than Kyrie Irving? Really? What on earth makes you say that?
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

You think he's going to be better than Kyrie Irving? Really? What on earth makes you say that?
    Dude hate for knight...a lot of PGS don't pass, if I remember bay less averaged 7 assists in the last 10 games of this season.....and wasn't he a sg in a pgs body....if u listened to his interview u know he's a smart kid and realizes he has to pass more....but he stated he still wanted to be aggressive....oh and btw rose is only averaging 7 assists too

Post Thanks / Like

So how do you know he can do that? Both Derrick Rose and John Wall had VERY respectable assist numbers. It seems to me that this guy would be a great SG, but there is no evidence whatsoever, that I have seen, that he can be a PG. Maybe he can, but I'd like to see some before I draft him at 5.
    he averaged more assists than evans and just under wall. keep in mind the team wall had, though. wall played with the likes of cousins, patterson and bledsoe. knight played with the artist formally knowns as terrance jones.

he also raised his assists, points and steals numbers in the tourney. i have no doubt in my mind he'll be a very good pg in the league.
    Last edited by ceez; Wed May 25th, 2011 at 03:55 PM.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote er1csh3n wrote: View Post
    Dude hate for knight...a lot of PGS don't pass, if I remember bay less averaged 7 assists in the last 10 games of this season.....and wasn't he a sg in a pgs body....if u listened to his interview u know he's a smart kid and realizes he has to pass more....but he stated he still wanted to be aggressive....oh and btw rose is only averaging 7 assists too
    I don't hate Knight. I just haven't seen any evidence that he can be a PG. And PGs are supposed to pass the ball. That's why they're on the floor, generally. Otherwise they would be called shooting guards.

And being a PG is more than just racking up assists. Watch the good PGs and the offense runs better when they are on the floor. They don't always get the assist, but they know where to pass the ball for the offense to work. Calderon was pretty good at this. Bayless isn't. He gets most of his assists when he drives and dishes, but those 7 assists only make up 14-20 points (depending on whether it's a 3 or not). Teams need to score a lot more than that.

And Rose knows how to run an offense and make his teammates better. And he averaged 7 assists over an entire season, which is good. Not ten games.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

he averaged more assists than evans and just under wall. keep in mind the team wall had, though. wall played with the likes of cousins, patterson and bledsoe. knight played with the artist formally knowns as terrance jones.

he also raised his assists, points and steals numbers in the tourney. i have no doubt in my mind he'll be a very good pg in the league.
    I don't think Evans is a PG, either, and he's shown he's crappy at running an offense. And Wall averaged 2 more assists per game. I wouldn't say that's slightly more. That's literally half of what Knight averaged.

As I said, maybe Knight is a true PG who can run an offense, but I haven't seen any evidence of it, so far. The other thing that makes me wonder about Knight being a floor leader is that he's apparently very quiet and reserved, which isn't a good trait for a PG. You generally want your PG to be a leader on the floor.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information