Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draft Profile: Brandon Knight - - Raptors Likely To Take Him If He's Available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    I guarantee you 5 years from now he'll be the best PG of the class
    You think he's going to be better than Kyrie Irving? Really? What on earth makes you say that?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      You think he's going to be better than Kyrie Irving? Really? What on earth makes you say that?
      Dude hate for knight...a lot of PGS don't pass, if I remember bay less averaged 7 assists in the last 10 games of this season.....and wasn't he a sg in a pgs body....if u listened to his interview u know he's a smart kid and realizes he has to pass more....but he stated he still wanted to be aggressive....oh and btw rose is only averaging 7 assists too

Comment

So how do you know he can do that? Both Derrick Rose and John Wall had VERY respectable assist numbers. It seems to me that this guy would be a great SG, but there is no evidence whatsoever, that I have seen, that he can be a PG. Maybe he can, but I'd like to see some before I draft him at 5.
        he averaged more assists than evans and just under wall. keep in mind the team wall had, though. wall played with the likes of cousins, patterson and bledsoe. knight played with the artist formally knowns as terrance jones.

he also raised his assists, points and steals numbers in the tourney. i have no doubt in my mind he'll be a very good pg in the league.
        Last edited by ceez; Wed May 25, 2011, 03:55 PM.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

er1csh3n wrote: View Post
          Dude hate for knight...a lot of PGS don't pass, if I remember bay less averaged 7 assists in the last 10 games of this season.....and wasn't he a sg in a pgs body....if u listened to his interview u know he's a smart kid and realizes he has to pass more....but he stated he still wanted to be aggressive....oh and btw rose is only averaging 7 assists too
          I don't hate Knight. I just haven't seen any evidence that he can be a PG. And PGs are supposed to pass the ball. That's why they're on the floor, generally. Otherwise they would be called shooting guards.

And being a PG is more than just racking up assists. Watch the good PGs and the offense runs better when they are on the floor. They don't always get the assist, but they know where to pass the ball for the offense to work. Calderon was pretty good at this. Bayless isn't. He gets most of his assists when he drives and dishes, but those 7 assists only make up 14-20 points (depending on whether it's a 3 or not). Teams need to score a lot more than that.

And Rose knows how to run an offense and make his teammates better. And he averaged 7 assists over an entire season, which is good. Not ten games.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            he averaged more assists than evans and just under wall. keep in mind the team wall had, though. wall played with the likes of cousins, patterson and bledsoe. knight played with the artist formally knowns as terrance jones.

he also raised his assists, points and steals numbers in the tourney. i have no doubt in my mind he'll be a very good pg in the league.
            I don't think Evans is a PG, either, and he's shown he's crappy at running an offense. And Wall averaged 2 more assists per game. I wouldn't say that's slightly more. That's literally half of what Knight averaged.

As I said, maybe Knight is a true PG who can run an offense, but I haven't seen any evidence of it, so far. The other thing that makes me wonder about Knight being a floor leader is that he's apparently very quiet and reserved, which isn't a good trait for a PG. You generally want your PG to be a leader on the floor.
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't hate Knight. I just haven't seen any evidence that he can be a PG. And PGs are supposed to pass the ball. That's why they're on the floor, generally. Otherwise they would be called shooting guards.

And being a PG is more than just racking up assists. Watch the good PGs and the offense runs better when they are on the floor. They don't always get the assist, but they know where to pass the ball for the offense to work. Calderon was pretty good at this. Bayless isn't. He gets most of his assists when he drives and dishes, but those 7 assists only make up 14-20 points (depending on whether it's a 3 or not). Teams need to score a lot more than that.

And Rose knows how to run an offense and make his teammates better. And he averaged 7 assists over an entire season, which is good. Not ten games.
              How is rose a good facilitator....he basically does the exact same thing other pgs do ....the drive and kick, and even that most fast or explosive pgs use it to great efficiency...why wont knight???

Comment

er1csh3n wrote: View Post
                How is rose a good facilitator....he basically does the exact same thing other pgs do ....the drive and kick, and even that most fast or explosive pgs use it to great efficiency...why wont knight???
                What do you mean, "what other PGs do"? Most of the good point guards in the NBA know how to run an offense. Rose, despite being a great scorer, also knows how to run an offense and makes those around him better. The drive and kick is one tiny part of a PGs job. Knight can obviously do that, but I haven't seen any indication he has any idea how to run an offense. That's the most important part of a PGs job, in my opinion.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Assists don't mean nothin... you could get 30 assists and still lose games

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                    Stephon Marbury averaged more than 7 assists per game over his entire career. But no one liked playing with him and he never made any of his teammates better. Chauncey Billups has averaged only 5.6 apg over his career, but he makes every team better he's been on.

Of course, three of the highest assist averages ever in a season were by Isiah Thomas, Magic Johnson and John Stockton. Two of them have multiple rings and the other went to the Finals twice and is in the Hall of Fame.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If his available..take him..this kid is sleeper!!!
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                        that ranges from 60-100 pts just from u facilitating, either this team is the warriors, or the other team is just stacked

Comment

Knight is the youngest player in the draft and is still developing physically, he has already shown an ability to be a very solid defender at the NBA level, is a good shooter and has enough feel for the game to develop into a solid lead guard for years to come. Kemba Walking may have a bigger impact in the first year or two of his career, but I feel Knight will be the better player long term. Seeing as we are not winning anything in 2011/2012 I say take Knight over Walker.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                          X