Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chad Ford Mock Draft 3.0: Raptors select Jan Vesely

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

after watching him live during the combine and seeing the other experts expressions at how ridiculous his opinions are I don't want to see another mock draft from this clown. I have never seen some contradict themselves so much

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    after watching him live during the combine and seeing the other experts expressions at how ridiculous his opinions are I don't want to see another mock draft from this clown. I have never seen some contradict themselves so much
    He's made a few very public mistakes, but he's still annually the most accurate predictor of the NBA draft.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Other than their size, I don't see the similarities at all.
    Both are awfully gangly 6.11'' who can't guard the 3 or the 4 position well, are fairly weak with mediocre shooting at best.

Vesely and Valanciunas have the same problem, in that they don't have NBA ready bodies and will make this defense worse. Val is too weak to bang for rebounds, low b-ball IQ and is a foul machine (a lot like Amir when he first came into the league.) But oh, the kid has 'potential' sorry we drafted Bargs, with similar credentials I'll pass.

So, Chad likes Vesely because he's an unusually athletic European, who likes to dunk the ball. Where do I sign up /sarcasm. So, the kid is young plays big minutes in the Euro league, but can't beat the other teams best defender. But the kid is athletic, right? Beating slow undersized european players shouldn't be a problem.

If the kid had a shooting game and a high b-ball IQ I'd consider him, but the 5 spot is way too high. Let the Wizards take him at the 6th spot.

I'd rather sign Kirilenko then draft this kid.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A different opinion
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Rookie rapsfan2011's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 draft

Colengelo has to get Knight in this draft or get out while you can and trade this pick away for next season which is a STACKED draft. I have nothing against european players but im sorry to say I cant handle another euro project or a big white stiff . I want athletes like Brandon Knight, Kawhi leonard.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rapsfan2011 wrote: View Post
    Colengelo has to get Knight in this draft or get out while you can and trade this pick away for next season which is a STACKED draft. I have nothing against european players but im sorry to say I cant handle another euro project or a big white stiff . I want athletes like Brandon Knight, Kawhi leonard.
    Welcome to Raptors Republic. I hope your future posts add more insight than typical Euro/American stereotypes. I know of 'euro project or a big white stiff' who did better than Kawhi Leonard in agility tests:

Enes Kanter also fared well, though his vertical leaps (26-inch no-step, 32.5-inch maximum) are only average. He did post a higher lane agility time than Kenneth Faired, Singleton and Leonard.

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-wi...hletic-testing
    Or how about:

May 27, 2011
    Kawhi Leonard didn't stand out in any particular measurement, mustering a 32.5 inch vertical leap and 3 reps on the bench. His numbers were pretty average across the board, which seems to be the trend amongst the top players in this class of prospects.
    From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...#ixzz1NlVkVt6Z
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    Or how about:

In the sake of public interest, we've compiled our own Athletic Testing composite rankings. These were made by assigning players points depending on where they graded out compared with the other prospects in each of the tests done in Chicago. In a perfect world, this composite ranking would tell us who the best and worst athletes are in this draft class. Unfortunately, it's far from perfect for the reasons we described above.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...#ixzz1NlWC6KdW
    http://www.draftexpress.com
    In the above, Kanter finished 34 out of 53 and Leonard 41 out of 53.

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies for the sterotypes but I just want this team to win so bad i got a little frustrated.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apologies for the sterotypes but I just want this team to win so bad i got a little frustrated.
    No worries. Most people around here are quite frustrated with the losing and want some winning as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

hopefully we start winning soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing against Triano but I think for this team to excel he needs to be replaced. MLSE needs to dish the cash out for a coach like Adelman

Post Thanks / Like

There there rapsfan, come to ceezy
    @jerboat

Thread Information