Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chris Singleton vs. Kawhi Leonard: why is one top 10 and the other mid to late 1st rd

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a decent write-up of this debate, expanded to fit 2 other players. It's written by a Wizards guy.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2011/5...arkieff-morris

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice little write up on Singleton. Article is advocating Wizards picking Singleton at 6. Here is what jumped out at me:

Did you think John Wall and Trevor Booker are fast? Absolutely. But what if I told you that Singleton posted a better 3/4 sprint time than both of them at this year's NBA Draft Combine? It's true. Whereas Wall ran the sprint in 3.14 seconds and Booker did it in 3.1 seconds, Singleton did it in 3.09 seconds. It's just one measure of speed, but it goes to show that Singleton will be able to run with these guys on the break.

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-wi...hris-singleton

Post Thanks / Like

WOW.. that IS impressive. I didn't even see that.

I liked this one:
    [Singleton] is the type of player who would have no problem guarding multiple positions at the NBA level -be it face-up 4's, shot-creating wings, back-to-the-basket forwards, or even switching out onto quicker guards on the perimeter (if that's how his coach elects to defend the pick-and-roll). This type of versatility makes him extremely attractive in today's NBA.
    Can cover for ANYONE on the floor, depending on who the weakest defender is, ala Tony Allen or Shane Battier.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun May 29th, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    WOW.. that IS impressive. I didn't even see that.

I liked this one:

Can cover for ANYONE on the floor, depending on who the weakest defender is, ala Tony Allen or Shane Battier.
    Yeah, he can guard 2-4 no questions. I'm surprised, in such a weak draft (as has been said so many times I feel like bashing my head against the keyboard everytime I see it, read it, say it, or type it) he is not projected higher than mid first round.

Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the kind of player that the raptors have need of and should manoeuvre to get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm surprised, in such a weak draft he is not projected higher than mid first round.
    I don't really understand it to be honest with you.
    The guy has proven to be able to hit the 3 ball with some consistency and can defend better than ANYONE in the draft.

I guess its because with him, you sort of know what you're going to get. He's not going to be a Kobe Bryant that makes your team Millions of dollars. I think alot of the top picks this year are going to be mainly based on 'what-could-be', which is a shame for the players that already-are.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I realize this is an old thread, but just noticed Singleton is up to 9th on DraftExpress, while Leonard has dropped to 14th.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information