Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Team Blockbuster Trade Rumor

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, get over the money. CBA negotiations have led to talks of all salaries getting clawed back significantly.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man I hope this goes through. With this trade going down we would actually have a shot of being a good defensive team.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay's defensive stats:

1.1blk/game.
    1.7stl/game.
    Opp. PER: 12.6.

That's elite defense.

He's also only 24.

Fuck yes, do this trade.

Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He is also coming off an injury. Which I don't know much about, and since no one is talking about, I am thinking its not a big deal. ...but just to be sure, how bad was this injury? Could it have long term consequences for Gay?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    If Bosh was not worth max money than neither is Rudy Gay. At least Bosh has made an all star team. Sure Gay has had more competition playing out in the West, but what has he really accomplished with the Griz? The team excelled in the playoffs but he wasn't even playing.

With the new CBA looming, I think its a bad time to take on someone like Gay. I personally hope the trade doesn't go through.
    he helped get the grizz to the playoffs. bosh had less talent around him, but really, how hard is it to make the 8th seed in the east? the past years, anyways.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

bayless/derozen/gay/amir/ed is a hell of a starting lineup imo. throw in a guy like Knight or Kanter and a FA along with JJ and Kleiza coming off the bench, that's a playoff team right there.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    He is also coming off an injury. Which I don't know much about, and since no one is talking about, I am thinking its not a big deal. ...but just to be sure, how bad was this injury? Could it have long term consequences for Gay?
    from what i remember, serious from a season standpoint but not a career. it won't limit him down the road, which is a good thing.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just got two words for ya, and this guy always says it best:

Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay said he is no longer using a sling on his surgically repaired left shoulder.
    Gay was set for 4-6 months of rehab after getting shoulder surgery about two months ago. Considering it's his non-shooting shoulder and direct pounding on it is rare, we're not expecting any medical issues going forward.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1257/rudy-gay
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not normally be into going after Gay, because I think he's just massively overpaid, but if the Raptors can get him for Bargnani, Calderon and Barbosa, then I don't think they can not do it. I'd rather pay Gay what he's getting paid than pay Bargnani and Calderon what they're getting paid together. Personally, I'd rather keep Calderon for now, but I don't see the deal happening without him.

Gay isn't perfect, but he's young, highly skilled and has a positive effect whenever he's on the floor. And he's a better defensive player than his reputation. This past season, he held his opponent to an 11.2 PER, which is excellent. That's the second best on the team behind only Battier.

Let's all make Toronto a Gay-friendly city!
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If this trade goes down, we are looking at a point guard in the draft for sure. Imagine if we actually won the lottery AND had this trade go down... our starters would be set for years. (Irving, DD, Gay, Amir, ED) Great defensive AND offensive line-up, lacking a little in size, but makes up for it with length and athleticism. bench would need improvement though.

Still even though stern was never in favour of the raptors winning anything, we could still potentially have a lethal point guard tandem, with knight and bayless, in the future. The lack of experience will keep us from going anywhere, but trading bargnani helps us develop our young team (everyone important is now under 25), meaning in just a few years when DD and ED are both in their primes, this team will be a lethal top defensive team.

Cant wait to fiend off of every other trade rumour all summer :]

Post Thanks / Like

“Would you please make it clear that we’re not trading Rudy Gay?” he said. “(The rumors), quite frankly, (tick) me off. I think it’s cruel to the guy. He ‘died’ during this period. That’s how much he wanted to play. And to now have to hear that we’re trading him? There’s nothing more untrue than that.”
    http://morningjournal.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory

uh oh ):

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    If this trade goes down, we are looking at a point guard in the draft for sure.
    Or a center.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Or a center.
    Which Center are you looking to grab with the 5th pick? If Kanter falls to fifth thats the only guy I would grab at the pivot.

Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Let's all make Toronto a Gay-friendly city!
    Your trolling skills are sub-par, try something like this.
    The Raptors management are really attracted to the gays, first Bosh , now Rudy, watch next season we will be signing Reggie Miller and Justin Bieber.

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
    Thanks, ceez.
    Co-sign. Thanks for the clearance.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Rookie Afro_Daddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

all 3 teams get better from this, TJ is probably pissed, but not like he's playing these days anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
    all 3 teams get better from this, TJ is probably pissed, but not like he's playing these days anyway
    ahahah Jose taking over his job AGAIN. Poor sap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Which Center are you looking to grab with the 5th pick? If Kanter falls to fifth thats the only guy I would grab at the pivot.
    Kanter is who I'd hope would fall.

My only fear about this trade is that it would "mediocritize" the Raptors again. Would they have the potential to one day make themselves a true contender? I don't know. I don't know whether you can pass up this trade, though.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information