Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Three Team Blockbuster Trade Rumor

Raptors Republic Rookie KingRaptors's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Minny wanted Kanter since they can't grab Irving and would have no playing time for Williams, it just makes no sense... UNLESS they're trying to draft *gasp* another PG.

Raptors Republic Rookie Donnie Brasco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy with Knight or Kanter... If both of them are gone I would take Valanciunas.
    Last edited by Donnie Brasco; Sun May 29th, 2011 at 02:43 AM.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Pistons couldn't find a taker for Rip at the deadline and now there is word they might balk at the thought of cap dumping him? Interesting... To me he looked washed up last season so who is going to line up for that?
    This deal was *this close* to going down at the deadline but Hamilton balked at the buyout. Personally, if they could get at least one decent player/prospect out of it, it would make a lot of sense for Detroit. Hamilton still thinks he is the player he was (in my opinion). Unfortunately that player only shows up every 4 or 5 games and it seemed like he was the leader of the rebellion in the locker room last year.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Before the lottery I remember reading a T-Wolves blogger who claimed that a source within the front office told him that the team was very high on Biyomba. 2 would certainly be too high to take him...5 could be a stretch as well...but 8 sounds good, right?

If this trade goes through they would truly be the wildcard of the draft with the amount of strange options that would be available between 4 and 8.

I would bet they add two of the following: Biyomba, Valanciunas, Leonard, and Burks.

It would also not surprise me if this trade could better set up a move between the Raptors and Minnesota. We all know about the rumors that they could be interested in Calderon, and there have been those who suggested that we could use him to move up to the #2. But that was a huge stretch...but could Calderon be used to add the 8?
    Last edited by Shantz; Sun May 29th, 2011 at 07:43 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...-be-grizzlies/

Q: Despite the strongest possible assurances from Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley that Rudy Gay is staying put, are we in for a summer of media speculation about possible trades? Just the other day we were reading one out of Toronto that proclaimed "Gay has suddenly become redundant, an asset the Grizzlies must use to make themselves more championship-worthy."

A: Zach Randolph is the most productive Grizzly ever. Rudy Gay is the most gifted and won't be traded. Any conversation about trading Gay without a bonafide star coming to Memphis is absurd, misinformed and ignorant. Take a step back and understand that Gay is better than Tony Allen and Sam Young -- combined -- and they started for the Griz at the end. Not only is Heisley believable when he says he isn't trading Gay, but the coaches are already salivating over the return of a 20-point scorer, much-improved defender and play-maker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    Before the lottery I remember reading a T-Wolves blogger who claimed that a source within the front office told him that the team was very high on Biyomba. 2 would certainly be too high to take him...5 could be a stretch as well...but 8 sounds good, right?

If this trade goes through they would truly be the wildcard of the draft with the amount of strange options that would be available between 4 and 8.

I would bet they add two of the following: Biyomba, Valanciunas, Leonard, and Burks.

It would also not surprise me if this trade could better set up a move between the Raptors and Minnesota. We all know about the rumors that they could be interested in Calderon, and there have been those who suggested that we could use him to move up to the #2. But that was a huge stretch...but could Calderon be used to add the 8?
    Here is a trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3wa5e8e

Detroit adds a position of need with a player who has much upside and 2 years in the league (Flynn).

Minnesota adds Biyombo with the 8th pick and gets Calderon.

Cleveland gets Irving and Williams.

Toronto loses Calderon's salary, gets Kanter/Walker at #4/5, and rents Webster for a year while Kleiza recuperates.

LOL - actually, I don't think this is realistic: essentially Calderon nets Walker and Webster. Nevermind. The reason I go with Walker at 4 is because I don't think he'll get past Sacramento at 7.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Here is a trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3wa5e8e

Detroit adds a position of need with a player who has much upside and 2 years in the league (Flynn).

Minnesota adds Biyombo with the 8th pick and gets Calderon.

Cleveland gets Irving and Williams.

Toronto loses Calderon's salary, gets Kanter/Walker at #4/5, and rents Webster for a year while Kleiza recuperates.

LOL - actually, I don't think this is realistic: essentially Calderon nets Walker and Webster. Nevermind. The reason I go with Walker at 4 is because I don't think he'll get past Sacramento at 7.
    I like the thought, but would agree that it is unrealistic. I wasn't necessarily implying that Toronto get involved and make this a four team deal. I'm hoping that Toronto can make a secondary deal with Minnesota if this original 3-team deal goes through. Could Calderon be the center of a package that would bring the #8 pick to Toronto as well? Just a thought...

As for the deal, Cleveland must really be enamored with Williams as a player to take on Rip. Rip has steadfastly refused to take a buyout in the past and I would bet that is still the case. In other words, the Cavs are taking on over $21million over the next 2 years (less money if lockout happens) in order to grab Williams. But I guess they do have Joey Graham currently manning the SF so that would add incentive. But if Williams can't keep up with SF and has to move to PF, does that mean they move JJ Hickson?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    I like the thought, but would agree that it is unrealistic. I wasn't necessarily implying that Toronto get involved and make this a four team deal. I'm hoping that Toronto can make a secondary deal with Minnesota if this original 3-team deal goes through. Could Calderon be the center of a package that would bring the #8 pick to Toronto as well? Just a thought...

As for the deal, Cleveland must really be enamored with Williams as a player to take on Rip. Rip has steadfastly refused to take a buyout in the past and I would bet that is still the case. In other words, the Cavs are taking on over $21million over the next 2 years (less money if lockout happens) in order to grab Williams. But I guess they do have Joey Graham currently manning the SF so that would add incentive. But if Williams can't keep up with SF and has to move to PF, does that mean they move JJ Hickson?
    I think the issue with Rip and the buyout from CLE was they didn't want to pay him his full salary. I'm not sure but I recall that.

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So, where do the Raps fit in this thread??? Who cares about those teams? I wanna know what's good with the Raps. No offense.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Rookie huskies2raps's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    So, where do the Raps fit in this thread??? Who cares about those teams? I wanna know what's good with the Raps. No offense.
    This affects the Raps in that if the trade goes through, and they end up selecting at 5, there might be different options available at 5, I think that's the main issue here. I'm really hoping the Raps offer something better to Minny for that # 2 pick - would love to have Irving/Williams on the roster
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    If this deal goes through, I think there is more chance of Kanter dropping to 5. Shantz's comment about Minnesota apparently wanting Biyombo bolsters my claim that he might be selected 4th. That means only Utah would be possibly looking at Kanter, and I have a feeling they're going after Knight, whose selection seems to make more sense.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about Minnesota's take on this deal. They said they were open to moving the 2nd pick to get someone who can help them win now. So, then they turn around and trade down, in a weak draft? Doesn't seem to make sense.

If I'm BC, I'm knocking on Minny's door to see if Calderon and the 5th or Bargnani and the 5th are enough to get the 2nd out of Minny.

If the deal does go through, things change for Toronto. I feel Knight will be going to Utah. Then comes Minny. Strange as it might be, I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to team up Kanter with Love. Meaning at 5, we'd probably take Kemba Walker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    First off, the Raptors are not involved directly in this deal. Chris Broussard is reporting about a deal between Cleveland, Minnesota and Detroit...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6603100

Apparently Detroit is hesitant about this deal, because they get nothing back in return for Hamilton. Quite frankly, I don't even understand why they are in the deal at all.

Anyway, if Cleveland drafts 2nd and Minnesota 4th, that might change the outlook of the draft, a little. Williams would definitely go second, since that's why Cleveland is trading up. They'd end up with both Irving AND Williams. Not a bad draft.

Minnesota had no need for Williams with Beasley on the roster, but what exactly do they have need for? Obviously not a PG, so they won't take either Walker or Knight.

Apart from not taking a PG, who they want is anyone's guess. They're biggest team need is probably defense, especially with Rubio probably coming over, so I'm guessing they are looking at guys like Vesley, Leonard, Valanciunas, and Biyombo. Valanciunas is considered more of a project, and Minnesota apparently wants to win now, so I'd cross him off the list. Personally, I think the Wolves don't want another SF. They already have Beasley, Randolph, Webster and Wesley Johnson, all of whom can play SF.

I really don't think Kanter is someone they will want, since he duplicates a lot of what Kevin Love brings.

To me, I think they might be going after Biyombo. Scouts feel he can immediately make an impact on defense.

Thoughts?

They could go after Vesley or Leonard, who are SFs but in a very different way from Beasley. Leonard, especially,
    you never said what it means for the raps.

so, i'm going to assume you were asking and forgot the ?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

that answer seems entirely opinion based, his own opinion based.

guy has nothing more than opinion.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Heisley swear he was keeping the Grizz in Vancouver? I'm pretty sure he went as far as to sing the national anthem. Didn't he previously trade Pau for nothing more than a cash dump? (and please do not mention Mark - no one had any idea he would become what he did at that time).

The only team I see getting screwed a little in this is IND.

MEM dumps salary, adds more scoring while retaining defensive wings, is able to resign Battier for 2-3 years in addition to Gasol, and have Paul George grow in to a star (just turned 21) just as Battier rides off in to the sunset.

Post Thanks / Like

Beyond that, uncertainty surrounding the new CBA makes it hard for Detroit to pull off so rash a move when there could potentially be an amnesty clause in the new deal that allows the Pistons an easier (and less costly) road to offloading Hamilton. If that ends up being the case, and they realize there was a way they could've let Rip go cheaply and kept their lottery pick, then this is a deal that could look silly in retrospect.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1Nlwq9VUO
    HoopsWorld/Joel Brigham offering rumours the DET/MIN/CLE trade is dying. I don't fully agree with his logic about the new CBA. Yes an amnesty clause might allow them to cut Hamilton however they would be on the hook for his full contract ($25M). The previous amnesty provisions in the last CBA did not have a player losing a cent.

For DET the trade comes down to this: the 8th pick to save $25M.

Personally, I think something along these lines gets done before or at the draft - I can think of 25 million reasons why.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

this is a great trade. With the fifth pick we draft Walker and our line up would look like:

Bayless/Walker
    Demar/Jones
    Gay/Posey/JJ
    Ed/Amir
    Veteran C/Alabi

Thats a playoff team right there.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Didn't Heisley swear he was keeping the Grizz in Vancouver? I'm pretty sure he went as far as to sing the national anthem. Didn't he previously trade Pau for nothing more than a cash dump? (and please do not mention Mark - no one had any idea he would become what he did at that time).

The only team I see getting screwed a little in this is IND.

MEM dumps salary, adds more scoring while retaining defensive wings, is able to resign Battier for 2-3 years in addition to Gasol, and have Paul George grow in to a star (just turned 21) just as Battier rides off in to the sunset.
    Heisley is a big, fat liar. Of this I can attest to.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

id draft knight if he was there first, we also might have to include our 5th pick

Raptors Republic Rookie Killingjoke's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure where they'd play him either, hardly coming off the bench for 10 mil? Unless they think Gasol might be gone and put him at the C while they try to develop Thabeet? I don't see it making too much sense for them...
    Thabeet is long gone

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information