• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c'mon 12 pages!
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      c'mon 12 pages!
      Why, what happens after 12 pages? Free pizza?
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• Free wings a la apollo
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Yes, free post-Beatles Paul McCartney solo project songs for all.

Comment

• Shotgun band on the run!
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Yes, free post-Beatles Paul McCartney solo project songs for all.
              Damit! Yes! (that is what I was waiting for)

Last edited by MyMomLovesMe; Mon May 30, 2011, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• no new news on this?

it's pretty much dead...for now.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                  As much as this trade would be beneficial to all teams i feel, it can't happen. The pacers would be over the 58M salary cap they cant aquire anymore than 125 % plus 100k the pacers would get 1.45M more than allowed but the pacers already have 15 players on their team so they'd have to give up a 4th player and send whomever to memphis(brandon rush or solomon jones) i just feel it would be too complicated.Plus to give up a talented player as gay without giving him a chance i dont see happening. BUT there is some bright spots of this. Leandro Barbosa cant be traded until July 1st which means around the time of free agency. if Marc Gasol decides not to resign they would be lacking a centre a spot that could be filled by Bargnani. This trade might happen depending on how free agency goes, but still Whoever came up with this should have done the math first
                  A lot of times when the framework for a trade is made and it is a small number salary wise or a single player screwing up the roster limits. If all teams are on board, these hurdles are very small to overcome as usually the player will either be waived and subsequently bought out - think Dwayne Jones in the Barbosa/Turk trade.

With that said, this trade would still work as the Pacers have a $3.5M trade exemption from the 4 team Troy Murphy trade last summer. They could absorb Henry's contract and it works on their end. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3rcxqoz . The bigger issue in this trade is Barbosa - he remains the unknown. Oh yeah, and the biggest issue in this trade is whether it is credible or a possibility - I wish yes but think no.

If Gay was to be available, I would think LAC would be very much interested. They would need to get a third team involved but a package of Aminu, MIN's unprotected first round pick next year, and $13M in cap space next year (assuming current CBA) would be a good starting point.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon May 30, 2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• I think LAC could put up a decent offer, however there's a big difference between Paul George and Aminu as prospects, and the Grizzlies may be looking for more help as they look to make a championship run rather than accumulating the Minny pick (less immediate help, and somewhat of an unknown depending on how the Wolves do next year--especially with Kahn apparently targeting some vets with that pick) and a TPE (which, as we've seen this year, isn't super valuable as it requires other teams to cooperate in any trades--meaning you either have to give up value, or facilitate a salary dump--which would seem to go against Memphis' goals as a team right now). Getting Bargs allows the Grizzlies to have 96 minutes of quality production at the 4/5 -- with each of ZBo, Gasol, and Bargs getting between 30-35mpg. Barbosa himself is an upgrade as a scorer off the bench over Mayo, and they may be able to re-sign him to a smaller deal than they'd have to give OJ after next year. And George himself is a very good prospect himself, and is similar to Gay. Plus in this deal they still save some money (close to 3 million in capspace) to re-sign Marc.

Comment

• I think Aminu is an excellent prospect who did get a fair shake in his rookie season. The Clippers even came out and said they should have played him more. He would be a lock for the top five in this draft class. Maybe top three.

Comment

• bboyskinnylegs wrote: View Post
                        I think LAC could put up a decent offer, however there's a big difference between Paul George and Aminu as prospects, and the Grizzlies may be looking for more help as they look to make a championship run rather than accumulating the Minny pick (less immediate help, and somewhat of an unknown depending on how the Wolves do next year--especially with Kahn apparently targeting some vets with that pick) and a TPE (which, as we've seen this year, isn't super valuable as it requires other teams to cooperate in any trades--meaning you either have to give up value, or facilitate a salary dump--which would seem to go against Memphis' goals as a team right now). Getting Bargs allows the Grizzlies to have 96 minutes of quality production at the 4/5 -- with each of ZBo, Gasol, and Bargs getting between 30-35mpg. Barbosa himself is an upgrade as a scorer off the bench over Mayo, and they may be able to re-sign him to a smaller deal than they'd have to give OJ after next year. And George himself is a very good prospect himself, and is similar to Gay. Plus in this deal they still save some money (close to 3 million in capspace) to re-sign Marc.
                        You make good points. Many I made in previous posts as well. I agree this trade is good for all involved. I'd love to see it go down. The wildcard in this trade - for me at least - is Darrell Arthur. He is a great player to have coming off the bench and just turned 23 and still on his rookie deal. I could see IND wanting him instead of Henry. If he were included instead of Henry, I think this deal has to be considered a realistic possibility.

Comment

• I almost think they're giving up to much if Arthur is also included.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I almost think they're giving up to much if Arthur is also included.
                            True and fair enough - maybe IND sends their first to MEM?

Arthur played some really good ball in February when guys missed games for the Grizz. A Z-Bo/Gasol/Bargnani/Arthur would be the best front court in the NBA - hands down. No one would have depth like that.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              If this deal goes through, I think there is more chance of Kanter dropping to 5. Shantz's comment about Minnesota apparently wanting Biyombo bolsters my claim that he might be selected 4th. That means only Utah would be possibly looking at Kanter, and I have a feeling they're going after Knight, whose selection seems to make more sense.
                              the cavs going after kanter with the second pick seems almost just as likely as them taking derrick williams.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                                you never said what it means for the raps.

so, i'm going to assume you were asking and forgot the ?
                                Considering Tim talked about who'd likely be picked at the #2 and #4 spots (the two picks that are being moved), he does talk about what it would mean for the Raptors. It's unnecessary for him to state explicitly that "if Cleveland picks Williams at #2 and Minnesota picks Biyombo at #4, there's a bigger chance than before that Kanter would be available at #5." It's kind of obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X