Three Team Blockbuster Trade Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    So, where do the Raps fit in this thread??? Who cares about those teams? I wanna know what's good with the Raps. No offense.
    If this deal goes through, I think there is more chance of Kanter dropping to 5. Shantz's comment about Minnesota apparently wanting Biyombo bolsters my claim that he might be selected 4th. That means only Utah would be possibly looking at Kanter, and I have a feeling they're going after Knight, whose selection seems to make more sense.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Not sure about Minnesota's take on this deal. They said they were open to moving the 2nd pick to get someone who can help them win now. So, then they turn around and trade down, in a weak draft? Doesn't seem to make sense.

If I'm BC, I'm knocking on Minny's door to see if Calderon and the 5th or Bargnani and the 5th are enough to get the 2nd out of Minny.

If the deal does go through, things change for Toronto. I feel Knight will be going to Utah. Then comes Minny. Strange as it might be, I wouldn't be surprised to see them try to team up Kanter with Love. Meaning at 5, we'd probably take Kemba Walker.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
        First off, the Raptors are not involved directly in this deal. Chris Broussard is reporting about a deal between Cleveland, Minnesota and Detroit...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6603100

Apparently Detroit is hesitant about this deal, because they get nothing back in return for Hamilton. Quite frankly, I don't even understand why they are in the deal at all.

Anyway, if Cleveland drafts 2nd and Minnesota 4th, that might change the outlook of the draft, a little. Williams would definitely go second, since that's why Cleveland is trading up. They'd end up with both Irving AND Williams. Not a bad draft.

Minnesota had no need for Williams with Beasley on the roster, but what exactly do they have need for? Obviously not a PG, so they won't take either Walker or Knight.

Apart from not taking a PG, who they want is anyone's guess. They're biggest team need is probably defense, especially with Rubio probably coming over, so I'm guessing they are looking at guys like Vesley, Leonard, Valanciunas, and Biyombo. Valanciunas is considered more of a project, and Minnesota apparently wants to win now, so I'd cross him off the list. Personally, I think the Wolves don't want another SF. They already have Beasley, Randolph, Webster and Wesley Johnson, all of whom can play SF.

I really don't think Kanter is someone they will want, since he duplicates a lot of what Kevin Love brings.

To me, I think they might be going after Biyombo. Scouts feel he can immediately make an impact on defense.

Thoughts?

They could go after Vesley or Leonard, who are SFs but in a very different way from Beasley. Leonard, especially,
        you never said what it means for the raps.

so, i'm going to assume you were asking and forgot the ?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• that answer seems entirely opinion based, his own opinion based.

guy has nothing more than opinion.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Didn't Heisley swear he was keeping the Grizz in Vancouver? I'm pretty sure he went as far as to sing the national anthem. Didn't he previously trade Pau for nothing more than a cash dump? (and please do not mention Mark - no one had any idea he would become what he did at that time).

The only team I see getting screwed a little in this is IND.

MEM dumps salary, adds more scoring while retaining defensive wings, is able to resign Battier for 2-3 years in addition to Gasol, and have Paul George grow in to a star (just turned 21) just as Battier rides off in to the sunset.

Comment

• Beyond that, uncertainty surrounding the new CBA makes it hard for Detroit to pull off so rash a move when there could potentially be an amnesty clause in the new deal that allows the Pistons an easier (and less costly) road to offloading Hamilton. If that ends up being the case, and they realize there was a way they could've let Rip go cheaply and kept their lottery pick, then this is a deal that could look silly in retrospect.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1Nlwq9VUO
              HoopsWorld/Joel Brigham offering rumours the DET/MIN/CLE trade is dying. I don't fully agree with his logic about the new CBA. Yes an amnesty clause might allow them to cut Hamilton however they would be on the hook for his full contract ($25M). The previous amnesty provisions in the last CBA did not have a player losing a cent.

For DET the trade comes down to this: the 8th pick to save $25M.

Personally, I think something along these lines gets done before or at the draft - I can think of 25 million reasons why.

Comment

• this is a great trade. With the fifth pick we draft Walker and our line up would look like:

Bayless/Walker
                Demar/Jones
                Gay/Posey/JJ
                Ed/Amir
                Veteran C/Alabi

Thats a playoff team right there.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Didn't Heisley swear he was keeping the Grizz in Vancouver? I'm pretty sure he went as far as to sing the national anthem. Didn't he previously trade Pau for nothing more than a cash dump? (and please do not mention Mark - no one had any idea he would become what he did at that time).

The only team I see getting screwed a little in this is IND.

MEM dumps salary, adds more scoring while retaining defensive wings, is able to resign Battier for 2-3 years in addition to Gasol, and have Paul George grow in to a star (just turned 21) just as Battier rides off in to the sunset.
                  Heisley is a big, fat liar. Of this I can attest to.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• id draft knight if he was there first, we also might have to include our 5th pick

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                      I'm not sure where they'd play him either, hardly coming off the bench for 10 mil? Unless they think Gasol might be gone and put him at the C while they try to develop Thabeet? I don't see it making too much sense for them...
                      Thabeet is long gone

Comment

• Killingjoke wrote: View Post
                        Thabeet is long gone
                        Yah I was wondering about that too. He's in Houston.

Comment

• As much as this trade would be beneficial to all teams i feel, it can't happen. The pacers would be over the 58M salary cap they cant aquire anymore than 125 % plus 100k the pacers would get 1.45M more than allowed but the pacers already have 15 players on their team so they'd have to give up a 4th player and send whomever to memphis(brandon rush or solomon jones) i just feel it would be too complicated.Plus to give up a talented player as gay without giving him a chance i dont see happening. BUT there is some bright spots of this. Leandro Barbosa cant be traded until July 1st which means around the time of free agency. if Marc Gasol decides not to resign they would be lacking a centre a spot that could be filled by Bargnani. This trade might happen depending on how free agency goes, but still Whoever came up with this should have done the math first
                          Last edited by tucas; Sun May 29, 2011, 10:33 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

• Ya, I'll believe this when it actually happens.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              Ya, I'll believe this when it actually happens.
                              Ha I'm sure everybody will believe it if it actually happens.

Comment

• not me!
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X