No announcement yet.

Three Team Blockbuster Trade Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if we were to trade minnesota for their pick mostlikely it would involve bargnani, and cash for rubio and there draft pick. now as much as i think bargnani isnt a good player i dont feel we should get rid of a veteran on our team i know everyone has potential but its not smart to have a team with no veterans and ALL youth this trade is good because wed get gay in return a good leader i just dont see us getting min. draft without getting rid of bargs

Comment

SCass wrote: View Post
      I see Gay being far less valuable than Derrick Williams (the #2 overall pick), based both on potential and Gay having a massive contract.

Minnesota wants to deal the pick, they like Calderon, and probably would be interested in a guy like Amir Johnson.

I know everyone wants to just dump Bargnani, but in terms of assets and value, I think the Raps would be much better served to get the younger, and cheaper Derrick Williams.
      Gay is a good defender. At this point, no one knows if Williams can defend the SF position adequately. If Williams is not much better than a Michael Beasley, then who cares if he's being paid a lot less. The team paying the least amount doesn't win the Championship. The best team does.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

SCass wrote: View Post
        Anyone remember when Bargnani played the 4 and Jermaine O'Neal played the 5 while Chris Bosh was out? Bargnani was a completely different player. I say we get a real center, a decent supporting cast, and then evaluate how Bargnani fares.

Knight
        DeRozan
        Derrick Williams (trade with MIN)
        Bargnani & Davis
        FA Center (eg. Chandler)

I like that team a hell of a lot more than being burdened by Rudy Gay's contract for the next half-decade.
        That team is HORRIBLE defensively. Horrible. And Bargnani's defense and rebounding was still really bad when he played PF. I don't know how your memory works, but I don't recall Bargnani suddenly not being a liability on defense when he played with Jermaine O'Neal.

And the evidence seems to be to the contrary...
        http://www.82games.com/0809/08TOR14.HTM#bypos
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
          if we were to trade minnesota for their pick mostlikely it would involve bargnani, and cash for rubio and there draft pick. now as much as i think bargnani isnt a good player i dont feel we should get rid of a veteran on our team i know everyone has potential but its not smart to have a team with no veterans and ALL youth this trade is good because wed get gay in return a good leader i just dont see us getting min. draft without getting rid of bargs
          Ya, Oklahoma really killed their team by the all youth-no veteran policy.

And if you want to keep a veteran, don't you think you should keep one who actually sets a good example to the younger players by doing things like playing defense and working hard?
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            of course, you're not going to trade him... if he's dead... that is illegal.
            I had to read his quote twice to realize what he was saying. I though, "Rudy Gay died and I never heard anything about it?"
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

This trade is addition by subtraction. It gives more responsibility and opportunity to the core being developed and removes three guys who would all be given diminished roles in the near future. That wouldn't bode well for team chemistry. Gay and Jones may fit right in or if not they do have value that is movable.

Comment

After deep thought on this trade...

First off, I call bullsh!t. I cannot find a source anywhere else on the net talking about this. It would rank as one of the largest trades in the NBA ever as well so it is not exactly something that is going to be hush-hush if it was on the verge of completion.

However, lets say this trade was possible. If it was the Raps would be nuts to not go for it - nuts I say. Here is Gay's stats for his career:
                http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3005/rudy-gay

Injuries happen and this was the first year in 5 that he played less than 78 (78, 81,79,80,54). He averages more rebounds per game than Bargnani (6.2), more blocks (1.1), more steals (1.4), more assists (2.8), less shots (16.1), higher FG% (47.1), higher 3P% (.396), and marginally more TO (.2) in a SF vs. C position. Oh yeah, and he only turns 25 in August.

As for the other guys: Jones and Posey.
                Much like Barbosa and Calderon, they are not going to be around when DD, ED are hitting their prime. However, Posey has a championship ring, is a hard nosed tough as nails player, would certainly provide a boost to the average age of the team (semi joking), and with only one year remaining on his deal it allows Kleiza time to heal properly i.e. no need to rush back. Jones is an awesome defender which is something the team does not have (as an aside, Jones and Gay would have been the two best perimeter defenders on the Raps this past season) and is also a veteran with playoff experience in DEN. Again, another tough, physical player to go along with James Johnson.

This trade would take the Raptors 180 degrees from any stereotype currently held about the team and Colangelo's style.

Obviously C would still need to be addressed but here is the lineup:

PG: Bayless
                SG: DD, Jones
                SF: Gay, JJ, Posey, Kleiza
                PF: Davis, Amir
                C: Alabi

Add in the number 5 pick (Knight? Kanter?) and the payroll remains the same for next year at around $47M but that includes the rookie salary of around $3M. We do not know what the CBA will bring but any hardcap will be met with possible rollbacks in salary and the remaining cap space ($11M right now) could be used to secure the services of a backup PG and a starting C. Add Reggie on the cheap (hopefully) and a guy like Daequan Cook and they can spend the remaining money on another C.

Comment

Not gonna happend!!!

Why?

Very simple..his contract is ridiculous...Kobe Bryant money..
                  Not gonna happend...
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Why on earth would Memphis want Bargnani?

He can't play the 3. He can't defend at all. He's a horrible fit for the culture of that team and city.

Pipe. Fucking. Dream.
                    You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Tortacular wrote: View Post
                      Pipe. Fucking. Dream.
                      Buzz. F*cking. Kill.

You're no fun.

Comment

This guy'd probably like to see Gay in a Raps uniform
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lIjFsGvg

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          I had to read his quote twice to realize what he was saying. I though, "Rudy Gay died and I never heard anything about it?"
                          there's kind of a meaning within the meaning of what i was saying.

#subliminal messaging
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            That team is HORRIBLE defensively. Horrible. And Bargnani's defense and rebounding was still really bad when he played PF. I don't know how your memory works, but I don't recall Bargnani suddenly not being a liability on defense when he played with Jermaine O'Neal.

And the evidence seems to be to the contrary...
                            http://www.82games.com/0809/08TOR14.HTM#bypos
                            Other than still including Bargnani on the team, you don't really have evidence to say that this team would be soooo bad on defense. Knight and DeRozan both have the potential to be very good defenders, Williams is long and big for his position (ala James Johnson), and Chandler is obviously quite good on defense. Plus, by replacing Calderon with a solid defender, Bargnani wouldn't be so exposed on the pick and roll, especially with Chandler behind him. Bargnani is actually a decent man-defender, and so by guarding the ball instead of being put in the 'help' defense role, I think you would see a totally different Bargnani.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                              Why?

Very simple..his contract is ridiculous...Kobe Bryant money..
                              Not gonna happend...
                              I agree the trade won't happen but Kobe makes $25M, $28M, and $30.5M over the next three years in his twilight years; Gay makes $15, $16.5, $18, $19.5 over the next four in his prime.

Don't forget, I don't think this will happen either. HOWEVER,

Would you rather pay Barganani, Calderon, Barbosa (who led a 22 win team this year):

$26M in 2011-2012
                              $20.5M in 2012-2013

Posey, Jones, Gay:

$24.5 in 2011-2012
                              $19.5 in 2012-2013

Just something to think about.

I'd rather pay Gay and put the extra money in to a proper C.

Comment

Boner deflated. So this is what it feels like when doves cry.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X