No announcement yet.

Three Team Blockbuster Trade Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this trade goes down, we are looking at a point guard in the draft for sure. Imagine if we actually won the lottery AND had this trade go down... our starters would be set for years. (Irving, DD, Gay, Amir, ED) Great defensive AND offensive line-up, lacking a little in size, but makes up for it with length and athleticism. bench would need improvement though.

Still even though stern was never in favour of the raptors winning anything, we could still potentially have a lethal point guard tandem, with knight and bayless, in the future. The lack of experience will keep us from going anywhere, but trading bargnani helps us develop our young team (everyone important is now under 25), meaning in just a few years when DD and ED are both in their primes, this team will be a lethal top defensive team.

Cant wait to fiend off of every other trade rumour all summer :]
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

“Would you please make it clear that we’re not trading Rudy Gay?” he said. “(The rumors), quite frankly, (tick) me off. I think it’s cruel to the guy. He ‘died’ during this period. That’s how much he wanted to play. And to now have to hear that we’re trading him? There’s nothing more untrue than that.”
      http://morningjournal.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory

uh oh ):

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        If this trade goes down, we are looking at a point guard in the draft for sure.
        Or a center.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Or a center.
          Which Center are you looking to grab with the 5th pick? If Kanter falls to fifth thats the only guy I would grab at the pivot.

Comment

Thanks, ceez.

Comment

Let's all make Toronto a Gay-friendly city!
              Your trolling skills are sub-par, try something like this.
              The Raptors management are really attracted to the gays, first Bosh , now Rudy, watch next season we will be signing Reggie Miller and Justin Bieber.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                Thanks, ceez.
                Co-sign. Thanks for the clearance.
                The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

all 3 teams get better from this, TJ is probably pissed, but not like he's playing these days anyway
                  No Dissrespect...
                  With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
                    all 3 teams get better from this, TJ is probably pissed, but not like he's playing these days anyway
                    ahahah Jose taking over his job AGAIN. Poor sap.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Which Center are you looking to grab with the 5th pick? If Kanter falls to fifth thats the only guy I would grab at the pivot.
                      Kanter is who I'd hope would fall.

My only fear about this trade is that it would "mediocritize" the Raptors again. Would they have the potential to one day make themselves a true contender? I don't know. I don't know whether you can pass up this trade, though.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

At this point, this trade would leave us a better team then we had before the trade.
                        That is what counts at this stage in the rebuild. We just have to get better. The rest will take care of itself, as long as we keep getting better than the day before.

Comment

Kanter is who I'd hope would fall.

My only fear about this trade is that it would "mediocritize" the Raptors again. Would they have the potential to one day make themselves a true contender? I don't know. I don't know whether you can pass up this trade, though.
                          I agree with you on kanter, that would set up our bigs for years to come. 3 big rotation all with length and blocking ability.

We have to predict the maximum outcome for this team, and I really do believe Ed and DD will become exceptional players. Also Rudy gay being a strong defensive player could create a new culture in raptorland.

I think if we just deepen our bench over the years, and have these players develop a consistent chemistry, that a starting unit of:
                          Bayless
                          Demar
                          Rudy
                          Ed
                          Enes,
                          could possibly go deep in the playoffs.

Comment

bearvon wrote: View Post
                            Consider the source...
                            It doesn't bode well that my firewall at work blocked me from visiting the site where the rumor was quoted from.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                              Rudy Gay is more than our franchise could hope for at this juncture.
                              i think i brought a rudy gay coming here awhile back and ppl said he's too overrated...lo
                              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

would be great to see punani gone! sad to se my idol jose gone!
                                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Working...
                                X