Three Team Blockbuster Trade Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/24...ye-on-rudy-gay

This is an article from the Toronto Sun Two Days ago.
    Where there's smoke, there's at least a bit of fire.

Comment

• I did a bit of spying on a memphis fourm and most do not like this trade.
      They see it as if a raptor fan made it up as a total pipedream(Its probably true).
      The fans still like Gay, and seem to think he is still a key piece moving forward.
      Most said they would think about it if we threw in the #5 pick....

But they did seem very interested in Bargs, only one guy seems to not like him, and says he throws up bricks, cant rebound, and cant defend :P

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        http://www.torontosun.com/2011/05/24...ye-on-rudy-gay

This is an article from the Toronto Sun Two Days ago.
        Where there's smoke, there's at least a bit of fire.
        even if it is someone bbqing some burgers...!
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• I don't want Rudy Gay in a Raptors uniform.

If Memphis thought he was their best player and was worth the money, they would try to move a lesser player to create salary cap room to resign other, presumably, lesser players.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
            I don't want Rudy Gay in a Raptors uniform.

If Memphis thought he was their best player and was worth the money, they would try to move a lesser player to create salary cap room to resign other, presumably, lesser players.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7lIjFsGvg

Comment

• NOOO NOOO NOT THAT GUY NOOOO!
              +1000 for the same reaction I had in front of my TV
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I don't want Rudy Gay in a Raptors uniform.

But you want Bargnani in one?
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  But you want Bargnani in one?
                  Why does every one of your posts turn into a negative comment about Bargnani? You already stated your position a million times so you can give it a rest.

I don't want the Raptors to acquire Gay or any other minor star who has a max contract. Memphis finished eight in their division and they need to clear cap space this Summer in order to resign a player who is, in all appearances, more important than Gay to the future success of the team.

I don't want the Raptors to be in that position in a couple of years.

Comment

Why does every one of your posts turn into a negative comment about Bargnani? You already stated your position a million times so you can give it a rest.

I don't want the Raptors to acquire Gay or any other minor star who has a max contract. Memphis finished eight in their division and they need to clear cap space this Summer in order to resign a player who is, in all appearances, more important than Gay to the future success of the team.

I don't want the Raptors to be in that position in a couple of years.
                    Actually most of my posts lately have not been about Bargnani. But it was a legitimate question. You've argued in favour of Bargnani, so I found it curious that you then said you didn't want Gay. I didn't understand that. Your point about his contract is valid, but the counter to that is that I'd rather pay Gay $16 million, then Bargnani and Calderon $18 million.

I also understand that you don't want the Raptors to be in a position, like the Hawks, where their best player is a borderline all star and the team has a ceiling of the second round of the playoffs. I agree completely. Two things, though. One is that I don't think that team makes the playoffs next year, so they still get a good draft pick next year. And if that deal is offered, I don't think you can turn it down. When you're offered a 24 year old, future All Star who is above average on both ends of the court, and you don't have to give up anyone who you consider the core of your team (which I don't think Colangelo considers Bargnani, now), then you do it and ask questions later.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I don't like Gay at all, but this trade would be a huge win for the Raptors. But I doubt this would ever happen.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                        So it's pretty safe to say this is just a rumor through that one website right? I didnt read anything yesterday anywhere else.

Sad.

Nothing specifically about this trade, but on the ESPN rumors website there is a title that says something like "The Raptors and Gay", then below it says that the raptors reportedly have interest in Gay. (I dont have insider access so that's all I could see)
                        http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/featu...ate%3d20110525

This is from May 25. Which coincides with the rumor on the three team trade. I think it is safe to get your hopes up atleast a little bit for this trade. I believe there is something going on there.

Comment

• Let me check with my insider acct. I'll report back with my findings. Going in!
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Let me check with my insider acct. I'll report back with my findings. Going in!
                            Thank you kind sir

Comment

• Yeah it doesn't really say anything interesting
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yeah it doesn't really say anything interesting
                                aww

Comment

Working...
                                X