No announcement yet.

Three Team Blockbuster Trade Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually for those holding out hopes this does happen in some form (like me!) the less news or talk about it is usually better.

Comment

• That's true too. Teams sometimes get scared off when trades get public attention.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Jumping Jeepers!

You know what I think is crazy? That a thread discussing a trade rumour posted by a random and basically anonymous site, that has had no corroboration and seen no discussion whatsoever by anyone even remotely related to the NBA or those who cover it, has managed to reach 9 pages in length.

Comment

• Cmon 10!
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Cmon 10!
            I'm in for 10 - lol.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I'm in for 10 - lol.
              9 trade player / 9 page thread i'll stay for 9
              Let's go Raptors!

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Mom?!?!

Comment

• Didn't the Memphis owner explicitly say that he isn't entertaining trading away Gay.

If they can reach the Western conference semis without Gay, maybe they can go farther with him. Only makes sense.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      If they can reach the Western conference semis without Gay, maybe they can go farther with him. Only makes sense.
                      It's more like the playoffs showed they have SF covered with Allen and Battier, so if they can trade Gay to upgrade a position of higher need such as SG they could do it. Unfortunately for us this trade doesn't seem likely.

Comment

• I want some closure one way or another.

Having DeMar/Rudy on the wings would be very exciting, easily the most dynamic wing combo we've had since Vince/TMac over a decade ago. Based on current production, it would also be the 2nd highest scoring wing combo in the league (behind only LeBron/Wade). And the two still have a lot of room to improve their games.

Comment

• dzoni71 wrote: View Post
                          It's more like the playoffs showed they have SF covered with Allen and Battier, so if they can trade Gay to upgrade a position of higher need such as SG they could do it. Unfortunately for us this trade doesn't seem likely.
                          Gay's not exactly a high-rebounding SF and he's pretty tenacious on D, they could probably stick him at the 2

Comment

• deebee wrote: View Post
                            Gay's not exactly a high-rebounding SF and he's pretty tenacious on D, they could probably stick him at the 2
                            Gay IS a high rebounding SF.... his 6.2rpg is almost double the average for all SFs... #6 behind Wallace, Anthony, LeBron, Marion, and Durant. It's also higher than our starting C, but that's not really saying much...
                            Last edited by bboyskinnylegs; Fri May 27, 2011, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• We all expected the Raps to be a bad team this year, but then when they played bad, dumb fans started piling all the blame on one guy (the best player!). The guy (Bargnani) was the center of attention for opposing defenses, was playing in the front-court with rookie and foul-prone hackers, and played for a team that wanted to tank (probably kinda hard to hustle when your franchise doesn't even want to win).

Individual defenders don't suddenly make teams great defensive teams (or terrible, in the case of 'bad' defenders); teams play good defense when the team has a good team-concept (coaching, and having all positions filled...ie. center), and most importantly, when the entire team actually plays as a 'team.' The Raptors are a collection of young, individual players. Is Bargnani a good defender?, absolutely not. But if he was on a real team, his defense would not be the topic of a fan forum discussion board.

Before fans start booing and breaking out the pitchforks, jettisoning yet another talented player, how about we realize that this team is presently young and incomplete. Bargnani isn't the savior, but he also isn't the cancer you guys are making him out to be.

Comment

• I agree individuals can't make great defensive teams (well, unless you're talking about a real anchor like Dwight...there's absolutely no way Orlando is as good defensively as they are without him).

But individuals can create huge problems defensively... and that's exactly what we see happen with Bargnani. You can cover for a guy that get's beat off the dribble (which happens frequently at the PG position, although a certain amount of resistance is needed) ... you CANNOT cover for someone that does not rotate to contest shots/help on D, or is not securing rebounds, etc. Bargnani is not the only reason we're a bad defensive team-- but as long as he is playing center 'protecting' the basket for us, our defense will never be much better than it is now... now worst in the league for the 2nd consecutive year.

I strongly disagree that Bargs was our best player in any way. All he did was put up 21points on below league average efficiency (53.3 TS%) and very high usage (28.1%). He averaged a 16.2 PER at C this year. His counterparts averaged a 21.1 PER playing against him.
                                Last edited by bboyskinnylegs; Fri May 27, 2011, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X