Jay's Fate To Be Decided Over The Next Two Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay's Fate To Be Decided Over The Next Two Weeks

On "Tim & Sid" today Colangelo suggested he will make a decision on Jay over the next couple weeks. Do you want him back, yes or no? Why?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

The poll is expired.

Jay's a good teacher and if we're the same team as next season, we need to have a guy who is not only patient with the players, but a good teacher as well.

Comment

Not sure it matters at this point. I don't think there's a plus-plus head coach who wants the job and, even if there was, BC's history of hires and the potential MLSE sale weigh against bringing in some veteran coach at $7mm/year. I like guys like Brian Shaw et al. but I'm not sure a first time head coach would make much of a difference.

Still, I think after a 22-win season you need to make some changes and the one name I wouldn't mind hearing rumours about is Lawrence Frank. He's an immediate upgrade over Triano, would be cheap, will take any job, and would, worst case, be a good guy to transition this from a crapfest into a decent team. Then, in three years, you make a call about whether he can take you any further and, at that point, hopefully you have a more attractive situation for other guys.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        Jay's a good teacher and if we're the same team as next season, we need to have a guy who is not only patient with the players, but a good teacher as well.
        I agree. Plus I think some coaching continuity will be beneficial, especially with the development of the young players.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Please Fire him..for the love of God!!!
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I see little evidence to indicate he's a particularly good coach. The Raptors continue to play zero defense, as they have since he arrived.

As far as letting him go... for the right replacement, absolutely.
            You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

I've said it a couple times, but here we go: resign him for a year. See what he can do. With the uncertainty of the CBA and lack of real options out there (I'd love Adelman but don't see it happening) you're better of having the devil you know at this point. See what he can do with a upgraded roster. Worst case scenario we suck again, get another high lotto pick and fire him.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Damnit, we could have had Mike Brown.

Bwahahahahahahahaha. Suck it Lakers. Huge FAIL hire.

PS: How is this terrible Coach winning this poll 6-5?
                Last edited by bloodyhandedgod; Thu May 26, 2011, 12:10 AM.
                “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

hell no, colangenlo has 2 years he can't afford to throw away one year for jay to learn he is simply not ready to be a NBA head coach.

Comment

I hope he is using the next two weeks to wine and dine Sloan, occasionally wiping Jerry's mouth after a shrimp and topping off his glass with a vintage selection.

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
                      I hope he is using the next two weeks to wine and dine Sloan, occasionally wiping Jerry's mouth after a shrimp and topping off his glass with a vintage selection.
                      too funny
                      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

If someone like Rick Adelman, Jerry Sloan, or maybe Lawrence Frank is interested - then maybe. Otherwise, it's not worth starting from scratch unless the replacement is experienced beyond Triano's time with the team.
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

If Adelman is in the running for the Warriors, I think it is time for BC to get on the phone - especially if that never-going-to-happen-trade happens (you know, the happy trade).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            If Adelman is in the running for the Warriors, I think it is time for BC to get on the phone - especially if that never-going-to-happen-trade happens (you know, the happy trade).
                            I just assumed that Adelman would only want to go to a team with a legit shot at a ring. Would he really take a job like GSW or Toronto? In any case, given BC's history with coaches I can't imagine he'd ever consider hiring someone like Adelman but maybe times have changed...

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                              If someone like Rick Adelman, Jerry Sloan, or maybe Lawrence Frank is interested - then maybe. Otherwise, it's not worth starting from scratch unless the replacement is experienced beyond Triano's time with the team.
                              I agree. For all of his failings (and there are a few, specifically regarding late-game strategy. Some of his calls have definitely lost some games), he's great a developing young guys. Say what you will about Sonny Weems, but under Triano, Derozan looks like he's becoming a legit upper echelon 2 guard. Ditto for Davis at the 4. Amir Johnson and Sonny Weems came over as fodder, and both - especially Johnson - have shown they are more than capable. Johnson has become one of the team's best players. Bayless showed flashes of excellence last year.

It's possible to argue that the development of Derozan, Davis, Johnson, Weems and Bayless would have happened regardless, given their inherent talent, but since Triano has been here, none of the players who've played all of their time under him have even come close to busting. Rather, many, if not all (except Weems) have shown significant growth and look to have very bright futures.

Comment

Working...
                              X