Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Love for Iman Shumpert?

Why not?

Am I completely missing something about the most athletic guard available?
    It's about money

It's about money

Comment

I'm sure he'll get picked in the second round. But considering the Raptors only have one pick, there's no reason he'd be on their radar.

They also need another shoot-first guard like they need a hole in the head.
      You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

I like him, there is so much pressure to go after the big names that I think the best players in this draft are going to be missed. 6'5 point guards are so rare

Comment

He's got some really impressive tools, but there's a reason why he's being mentioned as going in the 2nd round to undrafted.

Comment

i don't know how i feel about drafting someone who has the same first name as david bowie's wife
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

When is the last time that someone downright destroyed the skills/athleticism draft combine and was still slated to be a second round pick? I'm actually interested in knowing what type of player he compares to in terms of his particular skill set / athleticism.
              It's about money

Comment

Comment

philwill wrote: View Post
                  When is the last time that someone downright destroyed the skills/athleticism draft combine and was still slated to be a second round pick? I'm actually interested in knowing what type of player he compares to in terms of his particular skill set / athleticism.
                  Vernon Gholston
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Of the NYJ?

No, seriously, I'm talking about basketball prospects. Like, as if, this is a basketball forum.
                    It's about money

Comment

Bad joke I guess
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Don't know how their NCAA careers compared, but in terms of athleticism:

Dwayne Mitchell, 2006, undrafted - 37.5 no-step vert, 41.5 max vert, 17 bench reps
                        Timmy Bowers, 2004, undrafted - 37.0 no-step vert, 43.5 max vert, 13 bench reps

What do you mean by skill set?

Comment

His abilities on the basketball court as related to the game, rather than his "natural" athletic abilities (which I am still also interested in a comparison for, despite the two listed above).

So, I would really like to know a player that he could be compared to who is currently, or at least was, in the league.
                          It's about money

Comment

His abilities on the basketball court as related to the game, rather than his "natural" athletic abilities (which I am still also interested in a comparison for, despite the two listed above).

So, I would really like to know a player that he could be compared to who is currently, or at least was, in the league.
                            Well, I mean, you said he destroyed the athleticism and skills draft combine, and I don't recall him doing so aside from testing off the charts athletically.

I'm not sure how to really compare him in terms of both athleticism and skills, as I don't think anyone has watched both Imam and every single athletic beast at the combine for the past 10 years.

That said, the two guys I listed compared the best to Shumpert on paper, which isn't hard since Shumpert shoots so poorly and is so turnover prone. Other than them, I think looking for someone to compare him who actually was drafted will be a difficult task.

- Speedy Claxton had a similar vertical, but completely opposite in strength and size, and was also a better NCAA shooter and point.
                            - Mike Conley Jr., also undersized and a poor man's Shumpert athletically, was a far better NCAA point than Shumpert.
                            - Nate Robinson might be the next best comparison to Shumpert athletically, but is as small as Shumpert is big. Also better shooter in college.
                            - Troy Bell, another poor man's Shumpert athletically, as well as in size, and again a better shooter.
                            - Ronnie Brewer, compares well to Shumpert in athleticism and size, but not a point.

Iman Shumpert is just too unique in both dominating the combine's athleticism tests, but also underwhelming in college.

Comment

Hmmm... I feel like I need to see more of him, but I'm intrigued. I didn't get the impression he's really supposed to be a PG.
                              It's about money

Comment

Working...
                              X