Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Coaches. Lots of them to choose from. But who was the G.O.A.T.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin O'Neill is a Rooty Poo, Candy Ass Jabroni.

But I'm pretty sure he's actually got a pretty coushy NCAA job.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Kevin O'Neill is a Rooty Poo, Candy Ass Jabroni.

But I'm pretty sure he's actually got a pretty coushy NCAA job.
      I know, I'd just like some of that D instilled in this team, rather than another year of Jay preaching defense first and still finishing towards the bottom of the league.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        I know, I'd just like some of that D instilled in this team, rather than another year of Jay preaching defense first and still finishing towards the bottom of the league.
        Also true. I just remember K.O. standing at Half Court YELLING what play to run, every time up and down the floor. It'd take 10 seconds just to figure what they were doing! haha

Comment

My fave was Sam. I liked Butch too, but the drama around the PO`s and his insistence that he could deliver Tmac creeped me out.

(As far as assistants go, I really liked Jim Todd)

Comment

MyMomLovesMe wrote: View Post
            My fave was Sam. I liked Butch too, but the drama around the PO`s and his insistence that he could deliver Tmac creeped me out.

(As far as assistants go, I really liked Jim Todd)
            Great call on Jim Todd. Didn't even mention him.

As far as Assistants go.. I'd say Jay. haha

Comment

Ugh Kevin O'Neil was so awful
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                I totally agree. I will never miss those enthralling 69-64 games on a nightly basis.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

If you give Triano the roster that Lenny Wilkens had I think this team could of gone further than the 2nd round. He is extremely good with his Xs and Os and is good with the players. I really hope he gets re-signed.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    This video from Flagrancy I'm sure will sum up your frustration:

Ignore the parts about the contest obviously.
                    Peddie is really rockin' that mullet. He's all business in the front but once in a while, look out!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      You give Kevin O'Neil's roster to any of the other Raptor coaches and they won't be able to scrape out more than 20-wins. The fact that he was able to get 33 wins with Lony freakin' Baxter playing real minutes is amazing. Yes, his style of play was boring. Yes, he was a mad man. But the Raptors had no business winning that many games if it wasn't for him. He even got Vince Carter to WANT to defend Rasheed Wallace, and to do it effectively!

Given off-the-court entertainment and getting the most out of your players, K.O. was the G.O.A.T

Comment

Kevin O'Neil was always a volcano waiting to erupt. He was an excellent teacher of defense. My theory is that he scared people into playing it. There is no excuse for the offense though. It was like watching paint dry in the middle of winter.

Comment

Butch
                          Lenny
                          Sam
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

l can't believe that Sam Mitchell hasn't been hired on as a Head Coach somewhere. He is Old School, all the way.
                            Come to think of it, the only one that has gone on to Coach after coaching the Raptors is Lenny. And he was pretty horrid with New York.[/QUOTE]

That is pretty amazing that only one Raptors HC went on to find another head coaching job. Triano could continue the trend when he's done here.

Comment

I think he might get his shot eventually in Jersey.

Comment

SMitch
                                Lenny/BMalone

Comment

Working...
                                X