No announcement yet.

Reviving Thoughts of Felton to Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this trade idea if Kanter comes to Toronto.

Jose is expensive but Lawson is on his rookie deal for the remainder of Calderon's deal.

Maybe I'm being greedy but if they could get Gallinari instead of Mosgov where does BC sign the dotted line because I'm holding the pen.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Jose is expensive but Lawson is on his rookie deal for the remainder of Calderon's deal.

Maybe I'm being greedy but if they could get Gallinari instead of Mosgov where does BC sign the dotted line because I'm holding the pen.
      Yes, you're being greedy. I think asking for Gallinari would nix the deal, at least in that current manifestation.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Yah I think the deal has no chance with Galinari. Lots of SFs in next year's draft, $ to spend this year in this scenario.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
          Oops, good call. Damn Alabi, so invisible I forgot to remove him.

And yeah, if salary was not an issue, the trade would look lopsided in favor of Denver, but not when they're taking so much salary back and eating into their TPE.
          I think you underestimated the level of his sneakiness, sir.

Comment

I like it. I was going to say we aren't getting enough, but then again, Denver is using up a sufficient part of their TPE to pull this trade and we end up with cap relief. I would say, though, that they'd be less interested in this trade if they are't able to retain Nene.
            Perhaps making it a Barbosa/Calderon for Mosgov/Felton, no pick exchange? Barbosa would become the only signed 2 on the team, and would be an excellent change of pace bench spark behind Afflalo if they re-sign him (which they say they want to do). He would be replacing JR Reid, being a much better locker room guy, and they either sign him longer term cheaper or he expires after the season. Again Calderon in the locker room and backup/mentor to Ty Lawson would be an excellent fit.

For the Raptors it would be beneficial since they keep Bargnani (sorry not 'keep', but use for a much better pick return). He could be packaged to Sacramento (#7 pick and Casspi or Thompson), or Houston for #14, #23 and Courtney Lee?

The crux here is getting Felton, and hopefully a pick somewhere.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
              If we can get Kanter in this draft (perhaps with EDIT: Jeff's idea of the #5 (BKnight) and $ for the #3 (Kanter) with Utah who would save $ also from draft position), then I think Felton would/should be a desired pickup. Felton is unhappy as a backup, wants a trade out of Denver...

DEN: Bargnani, JCalderon, Alabi

Jose would be a stellar backup to Ty Lawson, a solid player and locker room guy. Bargnani helps fill gaps at the 4/5, can play next to his countryman in Galinari, and would be a great mix with Nene if Denver can retain him. Alabi is the sentimental addition as Masai's discovery.

TOR: RFelton, TMosgov, #22 pick.

Pick up a starting plays both ends of the floor PG, a young backup C, and potentially Darius Morris, Tobias Harris or Marshon Brooks (or Chris Singleton if he drops or these others rise) at #22.

PG: RFelton, JBayless (DMorris?)
              SG: DDerozan, LBarbosa (MBrooks?)
              SF: JJ, LKleiza (THarris?)
              PF: ED, Amir
              C: Kanter, Mosgov.
              Salary (11 players with the #22): $43.2M. This leaves money for a SF, longer term SG and backup big. We would still have Barbosa's expiring to be able to deal, and perhaps able to buy another pick (Charlotte #19, Minny's #20).
              Luv it! I'm a fan of Felton and Mozgov is very serviceable as a center. Plus the cost savings! Besides, Andrea will do well with the Denver high octane offense. They may even walk away from Nene is this happens (for money reasons).
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                Luv it! I'm a fan of Felton and Mozgov is very serviceable as a center. Plus the cost savings! Besides, Andrea will do well with the Denver high octane offense. They may even walk away from Nene is this happens (for money reasons).
                Although they are sitting quite well $-wise next year (at $40.2M including Nene's current player option salary at $11.6M.) I think he would pair up well next to Bargnani, but it depends where they want to go, and who else they may want to sign.

Comment

Although they are sitting quite well $-wise next year (at $40.2M including Nene's current player option salary at $11.6M.) I think he would pair up well next to Bargnani, but it depends where they want to go, and who else they may want to sign.
                  On that note, they have $ to sign Afflalo which they have indicated they will do, but if they do not want to continue with Wilson Chandler (they have been unclear here) then our $ would be great to go at him. He would be a nice addition to the group below.
                  SF: JJ, LKleiza (THarris?)
                  Salary (11 players with the #22): $43.2M. This leaves money for a SF, longer term SG and backup big. We would still have Barbosa's expiring to be able to deal, and perhaps able to buy another pick (Charlotte #19, Minny's #20).

Comment

With walsh now out as GM i could definetly see Dantoni comming here as well and reeuniting with felton .

Comment

If we can get Kanter in this draft (perhaps with EDIT: Jeff's idea of the #5 (BKnight) and $ for the #3 (Kanter) with Utah who would save $ also from draft position), then I think Felton would/should be a desired pickup. Felton is unhappy as a backup, wants a trade out of Denver...

DEN: Bargnani, JCalderon, Alabi

Jose would be a stellar backup to Ty Lawson, a solid player and locker room guy. Bargnani helps fill gaps at the 4/5, can play next to his countryman in Galinari, and would be a great mix with Nene if Denver can retain him. Alabi is the sentimental addition as Masai's discovery.

TOR: RFelton, TMosgov, #22 pick.

Pick up a starting plays both ends of the floor PG, a young backup C, and potentially Darius Morris, Tobias Harris or Marshon Brooks (or Chris Singleton if he drops or these others rise) at #22.

SF: JJ, LKleiza (WChandler?)
                      Wilson Chandler was not identified as a part of the 'core' of players mentioned in the article linked below, and could be 'bought' imo. If we can sign Chandler, draft Brooks with the later pick, and perhaps package Barbosa off to some team to get a 3pt shooting backup wing (CLee, etc)

I like it. I was going to say we aren't getting enough, but then again, Denver is using up a sufficient part of their TPE to pull this trade and we end up with cap relief. I would say, though, that they'd be less interested in this trade if they are't able to retain Nene.
                      Looks like they are planning on keeping Nene, and continuing with their 'core':
                      http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...orts-nuggets+% 28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Nuggets%29&utm_content= Google+Reader

A month ago, Nene intimated to my colleague Chris Dempsey that he felt unappreciated in Denver and might test the market. Hired in August, Ujiri admits the drama surrounding Anthony dominated his attention.

"We were caught up in a storm," he said. "We acknowledge that. In our minds, we feel like Nene has always been a huge priority, and we want him to always be a Denver Nugget. We do apologize if he felt in any way like he was put on the side."
                      Last edited by Maleko; Sun Jun 5, 2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Ok slight tweaking:

In light of:
                        It's likely that Williams will be the one taken since he is the consensus second-best talent in this draft, according to NBA decision makers. If Minnesota keeps the pick and indeed selects Williams, sources say the Timberwolves will look to move Michael Beasley as they try to improve the "culture of the team."
                        from Yahoo sports
                        and
                        but for now, my sense is it includes point guard Ty Lawson, shooting guard Arron Afflalo , forward Danilo Gallinari and forward- center Nene.
                        from the Denver Post
                        and
                        Nevertheless this season's developments have made Batum more trade-able than he was for the last two years. The answer isn't an automatic "no" anymore.
                        ( http://www.blazersedge.com/2011/6/2/...-nicolas-batum )

...and that one of JFlynn's rumoured destinations is Sacramento, RFelton wants out of Denver since he won't start, Denver has now indicated they fully intend to keep Nene, Rubio signing in Minny and them wanting an experienced mentor, Minny wanting more experience...

DEN: ABargnani, LRidnour
                        MIN: JCalderon, FGarcia (both spanish speaking), OCasspi (disgruntled in SAC after racist stuff)
                        SAC: MBeasley, MWebster, JFlynn, LBarbosa(opt-in)
                        TOR: RFelton, TMosgov, #7 pick, #22 pick.

Toronto then flips the #7 (KWalker) to Portland who is actively looking to move up to top 7 to get him for NBatum.
                        According to a league source, Portland would like to get into the top seven to be in position to take Connecticut point guard Kemba Walker.
                        from the Tribune: http://portlandtribune.com/sports/st...06967830991500 , OR keeps the #7, and drafts Burks and signs Wilson Chandler.

and flipping #5 (BKnight) for #3 (Kanter) since:
                        Ryan Feldman: If Jazz/Kanter really liked each other, they'd say the meeting/workout went great. But they didn't, so somebody is unhappy
                        DENVER
                        PG: TLawson, LRidnour
                        SG: AAfflalo, FA
                        SF: DGalinari, FA
                        PF: ABargnani, AHarrington
                        C: Nene, CAndersen, KKoufos
                        and with a salary around $42M and nearly $20M in trade exceptions (plus KMart wants to re-sign: at a reduced rate of course), they can actively pursue wings and have 2nd round pick. (10 players pre-FA/TPE trades). EDIT: also joins countrymen Galinari (who they reportedly love) and Bargnani.

MINNY:
                        PG: RRubio, JCalderon
                        SG: FGarcia, WEllington
                        SF: DWilliams (#2), WJohnson, OCasspi
                        PF: KLove, ARandolph
                        C: DMilicic, NPekovic, ATolliver
                        Salary also around $44M so $ to go for FA's if they want, and also still have their #20 pick. (13 players)

SAC:
                        PG: JFlynn, BUdrih, PJeter
                        SG: TEvans, LBarbosa, MThornton (re-sign), JTaylor
                        SF: MBeasley, MWebster, DGreene
                        PF: DCousins, (MBeasley), DJackson.
                        C: SDalembert (re-sign), JThompson, HWhiteside
                        Salaries are around $46M (with Dalembert) and a full roster. They have $ to switch out players, (decline options/QO's - Jeter, Greene, Jackson, Taylor) and sign FAs if they think they can get any).

TOR:
                        Option1
                        PG: RFelton, JBayless
                        SG: DDerozan, MBrooks (#22)
                        SF: NBatum, JJohnson, LKleiza
                        C: EKanter, TMosgov
                        Salary ~$37.6M. 11 players.
                        OR Option 2:
                        B]PG[/B]: RFelton, JBayless, DMorris(#22)
                        SG: DDerozan, ABurks(#7)
                        SF: WChandler(FA sign), JJohnson, LKleiza
                        Salary ~$43.2M. 12 players.
                        Need to sign a bench big (Magloire, Dorsey, etc.), another SG (KAzibuike, DCook, etc.)

A rotation of Felton, DD, Batum/Chandler, ED and Kanter with the second unit of Bayless, Burks, JJ, Amir and Mosgov would be young, athletic, and exciting. There is defense (Batum/WChandler, Felton, JJ, ED, Amir, Kanter?), scoring options (Felton, DD, Burks!, Bayless, Chandler/Batum, Kanter), depth, and athleticism (DD, Burks, Bayless, Amir, Batum/Chandler).
                        Last edited by Maleko; Mon Jun 6, 2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Wheres Colengelo's email? send him a powerpoint!
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Ok slight tweaking:

In light of:
                            from Yahoo sports
                            and
                            from the Denver Post
                            and
                            ( http://www.blazersedge.com/2011/6/2/...-nicolas-batum )

...and that one of JFlynn's rumoured destinations is Sacramento, RFelton wants out of Denver since he won't start, Denver has now indicated they fully intend to keep Nene, Rubio signing in Minny and them wanting an experienced mentor, Minny wanting more experience...

DEN: ABargnani, LRidnour
                            MIN: JCalderon, FGarcia (both spanish speaking), OCasspi (disgruntled in SAC after racist stuff)
                            SAC: MBeasley, MWebster, JFlynn, LBarbosa(opt-in)
                            TOR: RFelton, TMosgov, #7 pick, #22 pick.

Toronto then flips the #7 (KWalker) to Portland who is actively looking to move up to top 7 to get him for NBatum.
                            from the Tribune: http://portlandtribune.com/sports/st...06967830991500 , OR keeps the #7, and drafts Burks and signs Wilson Chandler.

and flipping #5 (BKnight) for #3 (Kanter) since:

DENVER
                            PG: TLawson, LRidnour
                            SG: AAfflalo, FA
                            SF: DGalinari, FA
                            PF: ABargnani, AHarrington
                            C: Nene, CAndersen, KKoufos
                            and with a salary around $42M and nearly $20M in trade exceptions (plus KMart wants to re-sign: at a reduced rate of course), they can actively pursue wings and have 2nd round pick. (10 players pre-FA/TPE trades). EDIT: also joins countrymen Galinari (who they reportedly love) and Bargnani.

MINNY:
                            PG: RRubio, JCalderon
                            SG: FGarcia, WEllington
                            SF: DWilliams (#2), WJohnson, OCasspi
                            PF: KLove, ARandolph
                            C: DMilicic, NPekovic, ATolliver
                            Salary also around $44M so $ to go for FA's if they want, and also still have their #20 pick. (13 players)

SAC:
                            PG: JFlynn, BUdrih, PJeter
                            SG: TEvans, LBarbosa, MThornton (re-sign), JTaylor
                            SF: MBeasley, MWebster, DGreene
                            PF: DCousins, (MBeasley), DJackson.
                            C: SDalembert (re-sign), JThompson, HWhiteside
                            Salaries are around $46M (with Dalembert) and a full roster. They have $ to switch out players, (decline options/QO's - Jeter, Greene, Jackson, Taylor) and sign FAs if they think they can get any).

TOR:
                            Option1
                            PG: RFelton, JBayless
                            SG: DDerozan, MBrooks (#22)
                            SF: NBatum, JJohnson, LKleiza
                            Salary ~$37.6M. 11 players.
                            OR Option 2:
                            B]PG[/B]: RFelton, JBayless, DMorris(#22)
                            SG: DDerozan, ABurks(#7)
                            SF: WChandler(FA sign), JJohnson, LKleiza
                            Salary ~$43.2M. 12 players.
                            Need to sign a bench big (Magloire, Dorsey, etc.), another SG (KAzibuike, DCook, etc.)

A rotation of Felton, DD, Batum/Chandler, ED and Kanter with the second unit of Bayless, Burks, JJ, Amir and Mosgov would be young, athletic, and exciting. There is defense (Batum/WChandler, Felton, JJ, ED, Amir, Kanter?), scoring options (Felton, DD, Burks!, Bayless, Chandler/Batum, Kanter), depth, and athleticism (DD, Burks, Bayless, Amir, Batum/Chandler).
                            That's really impressive. Great work. Though, it will never happen. Large trades involving more than 2 teams are extremely rare, even if this trade makes sense for every team.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                              That's really impressive. Great work. Though, it will never happen. Large trades involving more than 2 teams are extremely rare, even if this trade makes sense for every team.
                              True although this particular one could break down in pieces as well:
                              Toronto trades Calderon to Minny for Flynn and Ridnour,
                              Toronto trades Ridnour and Bargnani to Denver for Felton, Mosgov and #22. (due to rules it would have to be Ridnour for Mosgov, and Bargnani for Felton/pick but that's beside the point).
                              SAC trades Garcia and Casspi for Webster and Beasley
                              Toronto trades Flynn and Barbosa to SAC for the #7 pick.

Oh and thanks.

Comment

Oof option 2 please
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X