Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Jay Triano out.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hold out hope for Sloan primarily because of what happened in Utah. I have always viewed him to be a challenge oriented coach and molded players to his system with his force of will and no-nonsense attitude. He is also a lifer and probably has started to miss the action. If there ever was a coaching challenge and wrap to his hall of fame career it could be the Raps. He also might just be the guy to turn Bargnani around defensively...put a pulse in him. AB is pretty much on the block so whats to lose by getting aggressive. Sloan also comes with his trusted assistant of many years Phil Johnson who left when JS did rather than succeed him. One thing's for sure if Sloan came...all the players would know who they were playing for and how to....every night.

Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    Thank-you so much.
    lol
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BC's best two coaching options

I think BC has only two real choices for the Raps new head coach. The first is Lawrence Frank. He is an experienced coach. He has led a team deep into the playoffs, learned from a potential hall of fame coach (Doc Rivers), fits the defensive-minded bill and generally viewed as 'boy wonder'/coaching genius, in terms of game planning before and during games.

The other option is Mike D'Antoni. If he is fired by the Knicks, I think BC pounces. D'Antoni is nowhere close to being a defensive-minded coach, but he is the architect of the 7-seconds or less offence that BC has been trying, in vain, to bring to Toronto for the last five years.

If I was making the call, I think I would go with Frank, because he seems smarter and less stubborn than D'Antoni. But how can BC resist nabbing the coach he and Steve Nash made famous?

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wish list lol

Del Harris
    K. C. Jones
    Rudy Tomjanovich
    Jeff Van Gundy
    larry brown (throw in gm title)

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    wish list lol

Del Harris
    K. C. Jones
    Rudy Tomjanovich
    Jeff Van Gundy
    I am going to assume this list is dripping in sarcasm

Raptors Republic Rookie BayCityBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    wish list lol

Del Harris
    K. C. Jones
    Rudy Tomjanovich
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Huh? Rudy T? That's wishing big time. He is done due to health reasons. Other than him, I would only take JVG outta that group. Del has been given chances and has showed that he is far better as a top asst. than as a top coach. KC Jones? Isn't that guy drivin a train high on cocaine (song reference for those who don't get it, Bill Walton would). Larry Brown doesn't need to take showers anymore. He wakes up all washed up.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote baycityballer wrote: View Post
    larry brown doesn't need to take showers anymore. He wakes up all washed up.
    lmao

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information