Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quixotic wrote: View Post
    Brown only likes rebuild situations. =P
    That's like saying a poor man only likes no frills Mac & Cheese.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Is he really that repulsive? I always figured he only coached for the challenge. =P

Comment

I'm glad that he's no longer the coach. I feel we need someone who will hold the players accountable on defense and..well EVERYTHING else lol

glad to see him still with the organization though, he's definitely a Toronto Raptor.

Comment

In a messed up world where some fool allowed me to GM their team I would have replaced a coach like Triano for only two reasons:

1/ To save myself
          2/ Because I have a deal in player personnel that will woo a top tier coach.

I'm minorly surprised. The Raps desperately need better scouting and Jay would be a major asset there, but if BCo did this next year after a young nucleus was built via drafts and trades (I'm assuming it can be done over two drafts and off-seasons) the team would look a lot more appealing to potential top flight coaches.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            damn Apollo, that analogy got me lol
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Dwayne Casey please!!!
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Why not Mike Dunleavy? Besides the Clippers, (which he actually led to within a game of the Western Finals) and Milwauke (where they literally had less talent than an NBDL team) he has shown to be VERY competent. He's a VERY successful Head Coach.
                And having played in the league for a few years himself, he has always been considered a players Coach.
                We probably won't even look at him, but I'm not sure why someone would be against hiring him.

I know the Lakers were looking to bring him back before settling on Brown (He Coached them to the Finals previously).
                A dumbfounding night in the 'Dumbleavy Era'
                http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...1&sportCat=nba
                “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  I thought they'd bring him back as a sacrificial lamb for next year's crapfest. I'm surprised by this. Now, the new guy is going to have wear the stink of next season.

Well, good luck to Jay. I don't think he was a bad coach or a bad guy but he was certainly out of his depth that first year and the rosters handed to him the last 2 did him no favours. It's hard to blame Triano for what has happened the last 3 years but someone needed to take the fall for this 22-win team. Next up: Andrea Bargnani meets the Sword of Damacles.
                  lol
                  “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Couple of points:
                    1. Anybody see Jay being a replacement for Gheradini?

2. Just for the fun of it, would love to hire Charles Oakley just to see what the Oak man would do to Bargnani.

Comment

"We we we, so excited,"- Rebecca Black
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                        I can see Colangelo pulling some weak ass shit like bringing in the dude that just got fired in GS, Keith Smart.
                        lmao
                        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

i'm more shocked this made front page on espn
                          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

JVG and that guy who only had success when Jason Kidd was on his team

“Most of the targets will be candidates that have a great deal of experience, somebody that has achieved success in that forum before,” Colangelo said.

“Tenure, experience, rate of success, those will all be factored in. Someone who has a defensive-minded perspective, somebody who has had success putting solid defensive units out there, limiting points while still having flow to the offence.

“Someone who has a free-flowing offence, but can really drill down on the defensive side of the ball which is something we need to improve on.”
                            Source: Toronto Sun

If Colangelo wants a defensive-minded coach, my guess is Lawrence Frank, then Jeff Van Gundy. Sounds like he wants immediate results.
                            Source: Twitter/ @Bruce Arthur

Give JVG whatever he wants. Give him e2thed's first born, I don't care. Get it done.

Comment

What a day in hoops news, Triano Gone, Shaq gone, Rubio in.

Oh, and I like this move, good to see BC has hit the ground running.

Comment

Messina

Mark my words, Messina will be our next coach. Triano's contract wasn't set to expire until June 15, so it seems a tad premature to me that this decision has been made today. Connect that with the fact that Messina has just been presented an offer to be Mike Brown's assistant in LA. I think Colangelo is swooping in before that becomes final.

That's my theory, and in my opinion it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X