"Toronto Raptors are the frontrunners for Flynn"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately the Raptors do not have a talent near the likes of Russell Westbrook - let alone Kevin Durant.
    This year and next year's draft picks.

We can only hope. =)

(Don't forget Ibaka, he's a pretty big plus for that team)

Comment

• Quixotic wrote: View Post
      This year and next year's draft picks.

We can only hope. =)

(Don't forget Ibaka, he's a pretty big plus for that team)
      Correct. I will go back and put in "yet".

Comment

• Good article from Minny's Asst. GM on ESPN today:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=6623930

My personal take is that Minny is doing great PR to create a bidding war for a pick they honestly have little-to-no intention of actually using. Would love to know what offers they have received!

Comment

• Jason Fleming:
          I have a hard time believing that group of moves would make Toronto better. Banking on Flynn as your PG of the future is not something I would advocate.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?c...#ixzz1OYkjyg5n
          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

• knickz wrote: View Post
            Jason Fleming:
            I have a hard time believing that group of moves would make Toronto better. Banking on Flynn as your PG of the future is not something I would advocate.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?c...#ixzz1OYkjyg5n
            I'm not sure anyone is banking on Flynn as PG of the future. It is more about getting out from under Jose's contract.

The same statement can be said about banking on Jose as your starting PG - he just led the Raptors to a 22 win season, is injury prone, 30, and planning on playing Olympics and WC in the next 2 summers.

Comment

• http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...for_jonny.html

Knicks target backup point guard, could deal Toney Douglas to Minnesota Timberwolves for Jonny Flynn

Comment

• I Couldn't Agree Anymore.

Comment

• rapt wrote: View Post
                  okayyy guyss....this deal is just hilarious...the raptors would give away calderon for flynn any day of the ear...theyd probably and should give him away for an ice cream cone if they can...hes not winner..cant play ANY defense....and you guys think we can get Flynn AND the #2 pick...theres no way it would happen..id love to see it happen but it just wont...even if we throw in bargnani AND take any bad contracts Minesota has...[I]d love to see it happen...Flynn and Bayless wouldnt be bad..derrick williams and DD...Ed and Amir or if possible Kanter...we would be the next OKC thunder
                  That was not an impressive first post.

To demean Jose Calderon by calling him a loser ("hes not winner" ...sic) is ridiculous. Are you aware that he won the World championship with the Spanish National team and got to the gold medal game at a Olympics (yes his team lost that game!). At the Spanish league level his team was mostly in the conversation at the end of the season and did very well. In my view you may attribute a physical or athletic shortcoming to Jose but to say that he is not a winner is just plain wrong and unfair.

Comment

• I remember Doug Smith talking up Flynn after Minnesota drafted him 6th. I specifically asked him whether he thought Flynn was drafted too high and he flat out said `no'. He was really high on him. I guess he changed his mind.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X