"Toronto Raptors are the frontrunners for Flynn"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You are aware this is a fan forum where fans can get together and discuss ideas, right?

Make your ideas, post your opinions, give your input.

However, no one is making this personal except you. If someone does not share the same opinion, so be it. Your opinion is exactly that and it is no better than anyone else's or mine - basing opinion as fact is where trouble tends to brew.

I think including Davis or Amir would not be worth many of the deals mentioned. I do think Calderon for Webster/Flynn is extremely beneficial to both teams moving forward. That is my opinion. Your opinion has been made clear as well. Neither one is necessarily right nor is either one necessarily wrong.

The enjoyment of these forums is taken away when posters continuously belittle others for an opposing view.
    Are you serious?

No where did I say someone's opinion was wrong. I never said anything was fact. I made sure not to use any individuals name specifically (except to use a quote), hence "you guys" (and if one somehow took that to literally mean anyone inparticular or themselves inparticular well thats hardly my fault). I did not insult anyone or use inappropriate language. If someone took that personally or it somehow hurt someone's feelings well I imagine they are made of glass.

If that post is somehow belittling people, then I would argue you are using your post to belittle me in the exact same way.

In the words of Bouncepass "settle down" (and if I must that is not intended as a slight towards bouncepass, a mode of disrespect towards him, or an insult towards anyone).

PS. Feel free to delete both your post directed at me, and this one as a response to you as they are quite unneccessary and unrelated to this discussion. I will not take it personally. (and if I must again I am not trying to be sarcastic, belittle you, or insults you)

Comment

I dont see how Flynn can be traded to the Raptors. What assets do we have to trade for Flynn? I mean Jose would be good mentor, but there is no way they would take on Jose and his redic contract for flynn. They would have to get atleast ed davis i would think.

I feel that people think that MIni just wants to dump Flynn onto another team without getting any assets in return. Flynn was considered the best PG of that draft class and im sure Mini wants to get as much assets in return, regardless of what Rubio's sighing. I think if we have to forfeit our draft pick, #5, for flynn it might be worth the gamble, especially if knight and kanter are off the board.

Also, i see no way that the Mini would give up their 2nd overall pick for whatever assets we give them, unless its derozan. They can do much better in the open market than the proposals i have seen in this thread of giving them a variation of jose + fillers +#5 for FLynn+fillers+#2.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
        PS. Feel free to delete both your post directed at me, and this one as a response to you as they are quite unneccessary and unrelated to this discussion. I will not take it personally. (and if I must again I am not trying to be sarcastic, belittle you, or insults you)
        uhm, did the posts get deleted or edited or something?

i scrolled back and couldn't find anything remotely belittling or insulting.

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
          I feel that people think that MIni just wants to dump Flynn onto another team without getting any assets in return.
          They took him 6th overall, right after just taking Rubio 5th. They were heavily criticized for this by virtually everyone. If they don't get something of equal value back for him it's going to be a PR nightmare. They moved Foye and Mike Miller to get the Rubio pick. Foye had been progressing very well in Minnesota at that time. His value then was worth a lot more in my opinion than Jose Calderon is worth now. Mike Miller just had a solid season for the Wolves.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            uhm, did the posts get deleted or edited or something?

i scrolled back and couldn't find anything remotely belittling or insulting.
            no they didn't....

... glad I'm not the only one that didn't thinks that

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
              I dont see how Flynn can be traded to the Raptors. What assets do we have to trade for Flynn? I mean Jose would be good mentor, but there is no way they would take on Jose and his redic contract for flynn. They would have to get atleast ed davis i would think.

I feel that people think that MIni just wants to dump Flynn onto another team without getting any assets in return. Flynn was considered the best PG of that draft class and im sure Mini wants to get as much assets in return, regardless of what Rubio's sighing. I think if we have to forfeit our draft pick, #5, for flynn it might be worth the gamble, especially if knight and kanter are off the board.

Also, i see no way that the Mini would give up their 2nd overall pick for whatever assets we give them, unless its derozan. They can do much better in the open market than the proposals i have seen in this thread of giving them a variation of jose + fillers +#5 for FLynn+fillers+#2.
              I think you overvalue Flynn here. He hasn't impressed anybody and people want Kahn's head for picking him before Stephen Curry, and other much better players from that draft. At the same time there is potential, dont get me wrong Flynn has the opportunity to become a very serviceable young player. I think that Calderon's value is more than Flynn's.

Also the 2nd overall pick is not worth Derozan. Its worth the 5th pick and maybe barbosa or something like that. The variation of that trade you mentioned makes a lot of sense value wise to both teams.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                They took him 6th overall, right after just taking Rubio 5th. They were heavily criticized for this by virtually everyone. If they don't get something of equal value back for him it's going to be a PR nightmare. They moved Foye and Mike Miller to get the Rubio pick. Foye had been progressing very well in Minnesota at that time. His value then was worth a lot more in my opinion than Jose Calderon is worth now. Mike Miller just had a solid season for the Wolves.
                just from what I got from (reading) Minnesota fans... they are indifferent to him. He is to Minny fans what Weems is to most of us. If they got something for him great, if they didn't, well he's not gonna see minutes anyways.

Comment

just from what I got from (reading) Minnesota fans... they are indifferent to him. He is to Minny fans what Weems is to most of us. If they got something for him great, if they didn't, well he's not gonna see minutes anyways.
                  I got the same thing reading Minny's True Hoop blog, that the majority of them are more fed up with Flynn than RR folks are fed up with Bargnani. I also got the impression that they didn't have much use for Webster, as he was either 3rd on the SF depth chart behind Beasley & Wesley Johnson or playing out of position at SG (part of the reason I thought they might have use for Barbosa, as a legit SG and a veteran that Kahn talked about wanting to add to his young club).

Comment

Posted this in another thread and realized I should have posted it here:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6anxosj

Add the #2 pick on Minny's side. Best I could come up with by involving only the Raptors and T'Wolves. I still think Minny would want a little something more if they don't acquire our 5th pick. If the 5th pick is in there, I'd say it's a done deal.

Minny: + Get's rid of Flynn/Ridnour, room for Jose/Rubio
                    + J. Johnson helps them on the wings where they are weak
                    + Some throw-ins (Alabi + TPE)
                    + Bargnani can provide much needed offense for Minny up-front
                    - They take on a lot of salary (Bargnani/Calderon)
                    - Bargnani may not be the "veteran big" they are looking for (in regards to #2 pick)
                    - Older, no draft pick

Raptors: + Get's rid of Calderon's contract
                    + Bargnani situation resolved
                    + Acquire Flynn (good young competition at PG)
                    + Webster helps fill void at SF
                    + #2 Pick for D. Williams/Kanter (#5 pick for Leonard/Valanciunas?)
                    - No room for Ridnour, too expensive to be a 3rd string PG
                    - Pekovic replaces Alabi's spot on the bench, but his seat costs almost 4mil more.

Is this realistic? I hope so.

Comment

Why not?

Macc wrote: View Post
                      Posted this in another thread and realized I should have posted it here:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6anxosj

Add the #2 pick on Minny's side. Best I could come up with by involving only the Raptors and T'Wolves. I still think Minny would want a little something more if they don't acquire our 5th pick. If the 5th pick is in there, I'd say it's a done deal.

Minny: + Get's rid of Flynn/Ridnour, room for Jose/Rubio
                      + J. Johnson helps them on the wings where they are weak
                      + Some throw-ins (Alabi + TPE)
                      + Bargnani can provide much needed offense for Minny up-front
                      - They take on a lot of salary (Bargnani/Calderon)
                      - Bargnani may not be the "veteran big" they are looking for (in regards to #2 pick)
                      - Older, no draft pick

Raptors: + Get's rid of Calderon's contract
                      + Bargnani situation resolved
                      + Acquire Flynn (good young competition at PG)
                      + Webster helps fill void at SF
                      + #2 Pick for D. Williams/Kanter (#5 pick for Leonard/Valanciunas?)
                      - No room for Ridnour, too expensive to be a 3rd string PG
                      - Pekovic replaces Alabi's spot on the bench, but his seat costs almost 4mil more.

Is this realistic? I hope so.
                      I'll go with anything the gets rid of Calderon and Bargnani. Anything.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        I'll go with anything the gets rid of Calderon and Bargnani. Anything.
                        What about a trade that involves Gilbert Arenas and Hedo Turkoglu coming to Toronto?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          What about a trade that involves Gilbert Arenas and Hedo Turkoglu coming to Toronto?
                          better yet, what about a trade that involves steve nash and marc gasol! but I like your suggestion :]
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Tank wrote: View Post
                            Don't like Flynn as a starting PG at all, and I don't get the idea of taking other teams "outcasts" and hoping to try and make them into something they are not, ie. a star/piece of the puzzle. However, I would do this deal if means moving up in the draft, and/or, for lack of a better word, dumping Calderon and his contract.
                            How is flynn an outcast? he had a good rookie yar and abad second year because of injury. He was selected in the 2009 draft at 6... 2009 has turned out to be a strong class thus far i feel confident in us getting flynn. everyone here said the same things about james johnson at the time and bayless... both times the pessemists were prooven wrong. i see no difference this time.

Comment

Are you serious?

No where did I say someone's opinion was wrong. I never said anything was fact. I made sure not to use any individuals name specifically (except to use a quote), hence "you guys" (and if one somehow took that to literally mean anyone inparticular or themselves inparticular well thats hardly my fault). I did not insult anyone or use inappropriate language. If someone took that personally or it somehow hurt someone's feelings well I imagine they are made of glass.

If that post is somehow belittling people, then I would argue you are using your post to belittle me in the exact same way.

In the words of Bouncepass "settle down" (and if I must that is not intended as a slight towards bouncepass, a mode of disrespect towards him, or an insult towards anyone).

No need to delete.

I apologize for misreading and misinterpreting.

As we were....

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                No need to delete.

I apologize for misreading and misinterpreting.

As we were....
                                Appreciated. TY.

Comment

Working...
                                X